Is Splendor going to be half empty or half full

lostnda50s

Is there a way I can tell how many people will be cruising on the Splendor the 26th of April? I wouldn't mind upgrading. If it's about full. Lotsa luck to me:rolleyes:

I was thinking my cruise consultant, or the 800 number for Carnival Customer Service. Is there a way on-line?

Just trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Thanks

I can tell you now the Splendor roll call has like 8 or 9 singles going onboard, at least a wedding and 2 large family groups plus alot couples and families. Gotta remember, the price for one person was/is $529 for interior without the single occupancy supplement penalty plus all the balconies are sold out for this sailing. It doesn't hurt to ask your TA or Carnival for upgrade, you might just get...

Definitely don't go by the number of members here on the roll call. The number of people active on this website is really a low percentage of people who are going on cruises. There may be some members who don't ever post to their roll call, for a variety of reasons, and there's a big number of people who'll be on your cruise who never heard of Cruise Critic, or if they have, wouldn't go on the forums.

We're the type who try to book the cabin/location we want and then mark our booking "no upgrade" as there's some locations that may be a higher category but not in a desirable spot for us.

Definitely don't go by the number of members here on the roll call. The number of people active on this website is really a low percentage of people who are going on cruises. There may be some members who don't ever post to their roll call' date=' for a variety of reasons, and there's a big number of people who'll be on your cruise who never heard of Cruise Critic, or if they have, wouldn't go on the forums.

We're the type who try to book the cabin/location we want and then mark our booking "no upgrade" as there's some locations that may be a higher category but not in a desirable spot for us.[/quote']

...to add, only about 5% of all cruisers are CC members. And many of those are not active on roll calls. Never judge an upcoming cruise by its roll call.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just love my TA to pieces. We never cruised before. I didn't even know what questions to ask at the time, i was such a newbie. I kinda think she sheperded virgin cruisers before. We had all the details worked out in one telephone call. When I called to confirm the next day, I was going to ask if I could do an up grade. From our conversation the previous day she felt that I'd want the better suite. So when I called her, she had it all set up, all I had to do is give her the ok.

Every body is so nice and helpful. I can't wait to get on board and make new friends.

One other silly question. Shuold we take a portable generator along? Just kiddin folks, just kiddin. You history buffs know what I'm talking about.