Totally freaking out now inside cabin DAWN

ARI421

This will only be my second time on NCL we went on the gem in 2011, it wasnt my fav but we decided to try again. We are booked on the DAWN in Oct with 4 of us in the room! Now when talking to the woman, when i booked, i assumed, there would be 2 pullman beds for the two people.. Did I ask? No, but after seeing that viseo I would NVER imagine they would force someone to sleep on whatever that was!! I just called and the woman repeated, mam it will sleep 4 umm thats not the question! I dont want my teenagers on that thing!

HELP>. I will call again tonight with my husband, does anyone know if the Dawn has rooms with 22 upper pullman beds?

This will only be my second time on NCL we went on the gem in 2011, it wasnt my fav but we decided to try again. We are booked on the DAWN in Oct with 4 of us in the room! Now when talking to the woman, when i booked, i assumed, there would be 2 pullman beds for the two people.. Did I ask? No, but after seeing that viseo I would NVER imagine they would force someone to sleep on whatever that was!! I just called and the woman repeated, mam it will sleep 4 umm thats not the question! I dont want my teenagers on that thing!

HELP>. I will call again tonight with my husband, does anyone know if the Dawn has rooms with 22 upper pullman beds?

I can assure you...without question...that there is no cruise ship in existence (much less the Dawn) that has a room with 22 upper pullman beds!

What's the problem with one of the teens sleeping on a pull out sofa? Mine didn't have an issue with it at all.

Upgrade to a different cabin.

There is no pull out sofa in an inside cabin. If there is only one pulldown, ask they configure the beds in a U-shape so it isn't one large bed.

Try searching for your cabin number on all the sites mentioned here and in just the internet search engines. You may find out you are panicked for no reason.

I can assure you...without question...that there is no cruise ship in existence (much less the Dawn) that has a room with 22 upper pullman beds!

I meant 2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's definitely workable with young children, but with teens?! It'll be awfully tight, but will work out as long as nobody expects to move around in the cabin very much. I'd be more worried about the trundle causing a wall-to-wall bed effect, but a previous poster mentioned there's a way the cabin steward can make it into a u-shaped configuration.

A good example of why research is so important prior to booking.

"That thing" is called a trundle and no they won't "force" anyone to book a room with one.

"HELP>. " I'm really not sure what you feel anyone on CC can do to help you. But I'll give it a shot. The way I see it you have a couple of options.

#1 stay with the cabin you have booked and deal with it. I really have never seen the insides on the Dawn, but the steward may be able to change the configuration to a [_] shape to give more moving room. (I know there are some of inside cabins on some ships that it can be done on). But that still leaves you with "That thing" trundle.

#2 book 2 rooms or a higher category (you say that is not an option because of finances)

#2 you still have time to cancel your cruise on the Dawn with no penalties

Edited by che5904

The secret to enjoying your cruise is not believing for one minute you are on a cruise to sleep and get in each others way in the cabin all day.

Sure it's going to be crowded. My HOUSE is sometimes crowded with 4 people! HAHA!

Simple things that will help:

- Alternating times in the room during shower/prep times. Two leave the room while the other two get ready or sleep in.

- We usually wind up sleeping a bit by the pool during the day to make up for any restless nights due to ship movement/noise/etc.

- There's always plenty of time for one or two people to go back to the cabin for a nap after breakfast if needed.

Seriously, you'll be fine! The accommodations will be remembered as part of the adventure! Someday you may not have the pleasure of traveling together and this will be a fond memory.

Call it a lesson learned and focus on enjoying your time with family and the other fun you are sure to have on the cruise!

Of course, You can still always cancel and re-book on Carnival, I guess.

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

OK OP I've did a little more research for you and all may not be lost.

I have found a photo on deck 12 inside that appear to have 2 bunks.

They claim it to be cabin #12015

13561.jpg

Maybe you can do some research to see if anyone stayed in these upper deck cabins and if they have a trundle or 2 bunks.

There appears to be very little difference in cost between them and the insides on lower decks.

sorry the photo didn't copy but you can go to www dot cruiselinerooms dot com and look up the Dawn.

*I have never seen or stayed on an inside as I said, so you would have to research it a little further to make sure it does have 2 bunks.

Edited by che5904

We had an inside on the dawn a couple years back with two teenagers. We did it. My son slept in the upper bunk( he was 13 and fit just fine) I slept in the "middle" bed, my husband and teenage daughter on either side.

Yes, it was tight...but it all comes down to attitude and we all just said...."hey...we can do this!" We had a blast and of course, did not spend much time in the cabin.

We are leaving in a couple weeks staying in a Mini suite on the jewel...first cruise in 6 previous that we were not in an inside with the 4 of us....I am sure we will be amazed at ALL the space we will have.

It is all about what you are used to, what you can afford and of course, your attitude!

I hope you have a blast no matter what you decide!!!!

Not sure what date you are sailing, but most of the October cruises have the kids sail free and the free upgrade promotion still going on. You can get a free upgrade from an I1 Inside to an OG outside view. It will still have the trundle but will allow you an extra 17 square feet and some natural light.

A balcony cabin is out since the Dawn does not have any balcony cabins that sleep 4 unless you go up to a mini-suite.

I have seen previous posts where there were 4 family members. They booked 2 inside cabins using each adults name. Mom & Dad used one while Teens shared the 2nd. With the Kids sailing free maybe the cost won't be so bad. You can try to get them side-by-side. We took out teens on one and that's what we did. Everything worked out great!

Anyways, you will have a great time no matter what you do!

I have seen previous posts where there were 4 family members. They booked 2 inside cabins using each adults name. Mom & Dad used one while Teens shared the 2nd. With the Kids sailing free maybe the cost won't be so bad. You can try to get them side-by-side. We took out teens on one and that's what we did. Everything worked out great!

Anyways, you will have a great time no matter what you do!

I may be wrong but does the "kid's sail free" promotion only mean the 3rd & 4th passenger per cabin is at no charge?

If so the poster would be paying for the first 2 people (double occupancy) in each cabin, which they stated they could not afford.