Warm milk on RCI?

cj_one2000

My 2yo daughter likes a cup of warm milk before bed (not potty trained yet). Would we be able to request warm milk from room service on RCI's Liberty of the Seas? Or only cold milk? At least one family in our group will be in a Royal Suite, so don't know if that room service menu is a bit more "special" to include warm milk.

Room service could warm it for you...you just have to order a bit before you need it. Or, you can get cartons of milk from the buffet, and run hot water in your sink, and warm the carton yourself.

Some good ideas, thanks. Do you think the refrigerator in the room could keep the milk for half a day? That's my only concern, if we did Windjammer at lunch and grabbed some milk cartons, would the milk spoil by 9:00 at night since I've heard so much about the room fridges barely being below the room temperature.

Do you have, or do you know someone who will lend you a bottle warmer? If you can't be guaranteed warm milk, bring this with you, along with a bottle, and warm it that way, then transfer it to her cup. It will only take up a little space in your suitcase, but it's worth it to not break routine and cause trouble going to sleep. (My daughter liked warm milk all the way until kindergarten, so I know how hard it can be to get warm milk when you're not at home.)

Some good ideas, thanks. Do you think the refrigerator in the room could keep the milk for half a day? That's my only concern, if we did Windjammer at lunch and grabbed some milk cartons, would the milk spoil by 9:00 at night since I've heard so much about the room fridges barely being below the room temperature.

The fridge/ cooler IMO would keep the milk just fine for that amount of time. Milk can be left at room temp. for awhile before it spoils and the fridge is considerably cooler than room temp. :)

If you are concerned about how cold the refrigerator is, you could always put the milk on ice in the refrigerator or just stick the cartons in your ice bucket.

Do you have, or do you know someone who will lend you a bottle warmer? If you can't be guaranteed warm milk, bring this with you, along with a bottle, and warm it that way, then transfer it to her cup. It will only take up a little space in your suitcase, but it's worth it to not break routine and cause trouble going to sleep. (My daughter liked warm milk all the way until kindergarten, so I know how hard it can be to get warm milk when you're not at home.)

We have one, in storage somewhere (eek, hubby will have to set time aside to hunt for it in our storage shed). Thanks for the idea!

I bought this recently to take on my upcoming cruise on the Allure. It's an alternative to the bottle warmer and it small and easy to pack. My sister used it when her kids were little years ago. I'm not sure if it's in the naughty list.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458765539.093088.jpg.f752a5b7445b6cbe1ddf1d88e00399ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this recently to take on my upcoming cruise on the Allure. It's an alternative to the bottle warmer and it small and easy to pack. My sister used it when her kids were little years ago. I'm not sure if it's in the naughty list.

[ATTACH]380582[/ATTACH]

I would expect both the bottle warmer and your heat coil to be confiscated based on having a heating element.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=2608

I would expect both the bottle warmer and your heat coil to be confiscated based on having a heating element.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=2608

When I went on the oasis in 2013 I took the bottle warmer and had no issues. My 6 month old was a happy kid. The heating coil I would only assume would give me an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

We had no problem keeping milk cold in our fridge. We'd get cartons and store them for days before running out. We'd use a small metal thermos to transport and keep hot water hot long enough to properly warm milk. It should be easy peasy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree milk should be cold in fridge without a problem- but in a pinch go to a coffee bar and grab the milk they have out. My daughter only drinks milk and water so we were constantly filling up at coffee stations

We would often get warm milk at Cafe Promenade / Lattitudes on RCCL ships. They would just lightly warm it with the milk steamer for no charge. I'd usually send hubby on a mission to get some while I started the bedtime routine. Never had any problems. :-)

We would often get warm milk at Cafe Promenade / Lattitudes on RCCL ships. They would just lightly warm it with the milk steamer for no charge. I'd usually send hubby on a mission to get some while I started the bedtime routine. Never had any problems. :-)

That's good to know, thank you!

As many have said it should not be an issue. We were on the Allure a few moths ago and we just walked down to Cafe Promenade and grabbed from the coffee station or we ordered some extras when we got room service. The way we warmed it was to put it into a ziplock bag and run the hot water over it for a minute. Usually brings the temp up really quick when it is in the baggie.

You can get the cartons of milk at most of the restaurants and from room service. I would not worry about storing it in your fridge for a day or two. We had some in there for a couple of days and they were fine.

The milk warmer or any other heating element might get confiscated, check your cruise line prohibited list just in case.

Bring along a large carafe (anything that will hold your preferred bottle with some room for water around it) from home, go get some hot water for tea (usually available on the lido) and put the bottle in that for a while, it'll warm up just fine.

There are lots of options, so don't stress.

You can easily get warmed milk at the drink station in the WJ. We have done this when recently cruising on RCI Radiance to Alaska with our extended family that included a little one....Lot's of parents lining up there nightly to do this.

The milk warmer or any other heating element might get confiscated, check your cruise line prohibited list just in case.

Bring along a large carafe (anything that will hold your preferred bottle with some room for water around it) from home, go get some hot water for tea (usually available on the lido) and put the bottle in that for a while, it'll warm up just fine.

There are lots of options, so don't stress.

Or just ask your steward for a carafe.

I can't remember which ships, but the few times we have ordered room service coffee it was in an insulated carafe

Thanks for the tip! I've heard of people ordering milk and cookies so this might work this way, great idea.

Thanks for the tip! I've heard of people ordering milk and cookies so this might work this way, great idea.

Just keep in mind if you decide to order your warmed milk from room service...It will be "HOT" and it usually takes a long time to get it delivered in the evenings.....Timing is usually important when your trying to put a little one down for the night....and that's why just getting it from the WJ worked well.