Melia Resort

lovedones12

Hello, me and my family will be traveling to Nassau and will be getting day passes for Melia. I have looked it up online and it gives me these third party tour places to purchase them at. Is it best to purchase directly from Melia or is there a particular tour company that people use?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used book a tour Caribbean. It was not problem. We even took the bus no. 10 to the resort. Let us off directly in front of the resort and picked us up directly across the street. It was right in front of the daiquiri (which is a MUST try). Bus is $1.25 each way - 15 minute drive.

When we went a few years ago, we just hopped on the bus and went there and bought our tickets at the customer service check in desk with no problems. They were remodeling the place when we were there but it was still absolutely gorgeous and I can only imagine what it looks like now finished. :)

when are you going? we are set for 7/23 but I wasn't sure on booking here or at the Breeze, I have had like 150 views on which do people prefer post, but no responses. so if you're earlier then me, I hope you can let me know what you thought.

I stay at the Meliá for work and personally, I don't think its a place where I would spend my entire day. The hotel is nice, but far from spectacular. It does have a nice beach and pool area (although certain spots could use a bit of TLC). It's definitely quieter and less crowded than properties in Paradise Island or downtown Nassau.

I think that as long as you go with realistic expectations you'll enjoy it, but if you go expecting a five star experience, you may be a bit disappointed.

I would also love to hear feedback - we are going in August and are torn between Atlantis (not sure if it's worth the money given the amount of time we have in port), Melia, Breezes, or the Colonial Hilton.

Atlantis is great if you have the whole day, and it's not a busy time, and you make a plan. We preferred Amelia over the Hilton, much nicer beach and pools, but it was $35 when we went. The Hilton was only $15 when we went there, no vouchers.

Hello, me and my family will be traveling to Nassau and will be getting day passes for Melia. I have looked it up online and it gives me these third party tour places to purchase them at. Is it best to purchase directly from Melia or is there a particular tour company that people use?

i have used that third party tour to book it twice with no problem whatsoever. It is the only way that i know of to book it. I assume you mean bookatour etc etc? they are fine.

We booked a day pass at the Melia. I contacted them directly before booking online just to make sure the site was legitimate. I paid the deposit online and the balance at the hotel. The hotel and grounds are very nice. The adult pool was very crowded and noisy once the music at the bar started. The two family pools were actually less noisy and a bit less crowded. The wait staff around the pool were attentive and efficient (Little Mo especially). We enjoyed our day and would like to go back sometime and stay at the resort.