Think I Figured Room Bed Conversion Out!!!

bajathree

OK guys....ya know how everyone is always trying to figure if their balcony room is going to have the bed by the bath or balcony.....well I think I just figured it out:cool: I have been playing around with the room chart that is posted http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1 here and looking at the room configurations.....it appears that the balcony cabins that sleep more than 2 are always configured with the sleeper sofa by the balcony....so this means to figure if a room is going to have the bed by the balcony or bath all you have to do is find a cabin that sleeps more than 2 knowing the bed is going to be by the bath....such as those with a cross, triangle or diamond and then knowing that the cabins alternate you can just go.....bath....balcony....bath.....balcony....ect. I have tried this out against the known room configurations and it seem to work each time:cool::)

,,mmm.

our cabin slept two.

the bed was by the balcony.

:D

That would make sense....BUT it doesn't mean that EVERY room that sleeps 2 will have the bed by the balcony....BUT so far it seems that every balcony that sleeps 3-5 has the bed by the bath......go ahead and look at the floor plans....it doesn't appear that any regular balconies that sleep more than 2 are located next to each other, they are always 2 or more rooms apart.

That would make sense....BUT it doesn't mean that EVERY room that sleeps 2 will have the bed by the balcony....BUT so far it seems that every balcony that sleeps 3-5 has the bed by the bath......go ahead and look at the floor plans....it doesn't appear that any regular balconies that sleep more than 2 are located next to each other, they are always 2 or more rooms apart.

Wow. . .Thanks Steve for the good work. We are in a Deck 14 Cabin for 2, and I think it will be great to have the bed by the Balcony. . . .

Radio

;);)

Wow. . .Thanks Steve for the good work. We are in a Deck 14 Cabin for 2, and I think it will be great to have the bed by the Balcony. . . .

Radio

;);)

I hear ya Radio:).....I have been playing with this and it seems to be spot on....I haven't found a room that I checked it against that has disproved it yet. I do think we have a winner here:)

I hear ya Radio:).....I have been playing with this and it seems to be spot on....I haven't found a room that I checked it against that has disproved it yet. I do think we have a winner here:)

That's so cool!!!:cool::)

While we and kids had connecting D3 (double occupancy) cabins, our room with the bed near the balcony had a shorter sofa than the kids with bed near closet...their sofa near the balcony was longer...wonder if the rooms with sofa beds require the longer sofas??

Deb

While we and kids had connecting D3 (double occupancy) cabins, our room with the bed near the balcony had a shorter sofa than the kids with bed near closet...their sofa near the balcony was longer...wonder if the rooms with sofa beds require the longer sofas??

Deb

I think the sofabeds are longer than the loveseats. The sofabed would sleep two, while a loveseat with a fold-out bed would only accomodate one.

Fascinating. And this explains why we couldn't find two adjoining or connecting cabins that slept 3 and 4 when we looked at the deck plans and called Royal Carribbean.

Exactly....there are no 2 connecting "regular" balconies that each hold 3 or more because of this alternating configuration.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for figuring this out. I thought it was similar to the Solstice class balcony cabins on Celebrity, but now we know they carried it over to the Oasis. Thanks for all of your posts. I did ask about making the cabin thread a sticky, but I was told no. I still hope to have at least 30 pages or so before I'm cruising on Oasis this September. I feel like I'll know the ship pretty well by the time I board. I plan on keeping the list on my webpage, even if it isn't on the top of the Oasis list. Thanks for your insights and pictures,

Kelcie

Hi Steve,

Thanks for figuring this out. I thought it was similar to the Solstice class balcony cabins on Celebrity, but now we know they carried it over to the Oasis. Thanks for all of your posts. I did ask about making the cabin thread a sticky, but I was told no. I still hope to have at least 30 pages or so before I'm cruising on Oasis this September. I feel like I'll know the ship pretty well by the time I board. I plan on keeping the list on my webpage, even if it isn't on the top of the Oasis list. Thanks for your insights and pictures,

Kelcie

GREAT site Kelcie....loads of really good info:) I have it bookmarked;)

We had a Boardwalk balcony cabin for 3, and as stated, the couch was next to the balcony.

This layout was very difficult for us to work with especially having the two beds set up as two singles. It was very tough to get to the closet (which is already too small and narrow to begin with) and when the couch was opened up as a bed, it was very hard to get out onto the balcony.

We were trying to figure out how to avoid this next time, but I guess if we're 3, we can't.

For me, the cabin layout was one of the few negatives of Oasis. The ship is great!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to figure out our 3 rooms that we have for the 11/20 sailing. We have been trying to figure out one of the rooms that will have a sleep sofa being used. My sister-in-law didn't want to trip over it during the night going to the bathroom.

• 1 year later...
OK guys....ya know how everyone is always trying to figure if their balcony room is going to have the bed by the bath or balcony.....well I think I just figured it out:cool: I have been playing around with the room chart that is posted http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1 here and looking at the room configurations.....it appears that the balcony cabins that sleep more than 2 are always configured with the sleeper sofa by the balcony....so this means to figure if a room is going to have the bed by the balcony or bath all you have to do is find a cabin that sleeps more than 2 knowing the bed is going to be by the bath....such as those with a cross, triangle or diamond and then knowing that the cabins alternate you can just go.....bath....balcony....bath.....balcony....ect. I have tried this out against the known room configurations and it seem to work each time:cool::)

Hi Steve,

I just came across this thread, even though it's a year old and I'm going to try and work this out too. Thanks for the tip!!

I'll post back with our future room favorites and state where the bed is - would you mind to let me know if I got it right?

TIA!!

Hi Steve,

I just came across this thread, even though it's a year old and I'm going to try and work this out too. Thanks for the tip!!

I'll post back with our future room favorites and state where the bed is - would you mind to let me know if I got it right?

TIA!!

Yep...my room configuration theory proved true and has been working correct so far....ENJOY:)

Yep...my room configuration theory proved true and has been working correct so far....ENJOY:)

Hi Steve, it didn't take me long!!

Allure/Oasis

8612 - bed by balcony

8614 (triangle) bed by closet

8616 - bed by balcony

8618 (triangle) bed by closet

8620 - bed by balcony

8622 - bed by closet

8624 - bed by balcony

How did I do Steve? :D

Secondly, Freedom of the Seas, I heard most beds in certain categories already have bed near the balcony, would your brilliant theory still apply? I looked at Deck 7/8 (mid-ship) and there weren't many triangles, just some asterisks?

Hi Steve, it didn't take me long!!

Allure/Oasis

8612 - bed by balcony

8614 (triangle) bed by closet

8616 - bed by balcony

8618 (triangle) bed by closet

8620 - bed by balcony

8622 - bed by closet

8624 - bed by balcony

How did I do Steve? :D

Secondly, Freedom of the Seas, I heard most beds in certain categories already have bed near the balcony, would your brilliant theory still apply? I looked at Deck 7/8 (mid-ship) and there weren't many triangles, just some asterisks?

Oasis and Allure are unique in their cabin design. It is sometimes referred to as "the wave" layout.

Other ships didn't have to have this.

Oasis and Allure are unique in their cabin design. It is sometimes referred to as "the wave" layout.

Other ships didn't have to have this.

I and doubt that Oasis and Allure HAD to have this either. Unfortunately, they do.

Archived