CoCo Cay Cabanas

wdcspurs

Here is a photo album taken on CoCo Cay this past December. I sat in those 'loungers' that you may be referring to as Cabanas. The clamshells arent really considered cabanas as they are just single lounge chairs with a half-clamshell pullover.

ccc1.jpg

ccc2.jpg

And a look at the clamshell loungers as I headed back to the ship on the tender:

ccc3.jpg

PS, in the last picture, to the right of that purple fence you saw was a nice large shaded area with a lot of hammocks. Looked nice!

The loungers under the "shelter", are these available to anyone? Approximately how many are there? CocoCay is one of the few stops we have never been to. We love Labadee, so I'm trying to keep an open mind, but on our last stop there, we were lucky (as non-suite guests) to get a cabana... kind of spoiled us for future stops.

The loungers under the "shelter", are these available to anyone? Approximately how many are there? CocoCay is one of the few stops we have never been to. We love Labadee, so I'm trying to keep an open mind, but on our last stop there, we were lucky (as non-suite guests) to get a cabana... kind of spoiled us for future stops.

Yes, open to anyone, but there are only those 15 or so covered loungers that you see in the picture. Highly sought after and in prime locations. I was in the middle set of loungers and had the one closest to the ledge, went to go get me a drink, came back and someone had moved their lounger (3 down from mine) in that small space between me and the edge of the seawall! How rude. :confused:

Someone had posted a picture of a Cabana with a cloth "drapes". Just curious. Thanks for the follow up!!

I really dont remember seeing those in December but its not to say they werent there? Maybe I wasnt looking and walked right past them? I know that location and its not far from where the covered loungers are I showed in the pictures.

Someone had posted a picture of a Cabana with a cloth "drapes". Just curious. Thanks for the follow up!!

I found that thread with those older 'cabana' pictures you referenced. Those are actually the exact same ones as those in my pictures just that the curtains have been removed! I didn't even recognized them from the earlier photos!

• 2 weeks later...

How much are the loungers chairs that are in the pictures that I am looking at? Do they have cabin and if they do how much is it and what comes with it? Also do they have chairs with umbrellas?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm bumping this as I have been having a discussion on RCCL FB page whether there are Cabanas on Coco Cay. I guess alot of people don't know or see there are cabanas.

Do you have to rent those spots? Should I bring a beach umbrela?

• 2 months later...

New here, first post, so I'm hoping I'm posting correctly. Please let me know if I need to post elsewhere.

In regards to the covered loungers, I'm seeing that RCC offers a package for those. Can one order that package before the cruise? There was also some talk that those are offered only to higher "classes." Is that true?

Thanks!

The Cabana's were so worth it for us. The Cabana's are now 75% enclosed now and a lot of work has been done. They are located off to the left when you get off the ship but right in front of the snorkel area. The only people allowed in that area are those that have reserved a clam shell or cabana. And the area also has a max limit on people in place.

jcool: We paid $120 last week but it was also 75% enclosed now. With the cabana comes a bottle of wine, floating mats, snorkle reservations, unlimited bottles of water, and your own wait staff. There are only a few to reserve. Go to the Explorations Desk as soon as you get on to get a reservation. We had the middle one on 'dmwnc1959' first picture. We couldn't ask for better. It was called the 'Serenity' cabana.

No need for an Umbrella

Thanks for the info - we are interested in the clamshell, basically for the better lunch and the mats. We've been to Coco Cay at least 15 times so the BBQ “gets old”. Also - We are sailing the Monarch for our anniversary ( just for a quick weekend) and since there is no specialty restaurant - the special lunch kind of takes the place of a specialty restaurant.

M

Just got back for the Monarch (Aug 12 sailing). We asked about the Cabana as soon as we boarded, about 11:30. As we were among the first to board, all were still available. Clam shells are now $50, include one bottle of water, one mat and the upgraded lunch( for 2) . It is handled by Explorations desk. We decided not to book one which worked out just fine for us. We were not near that area most of the day so I can’t tell you if they were booked.

M

jcool: We paid $120 last week but it was also 75% enclosed now. With the cabana comes a bottle of wine, floating mats, snorkle reservations, unlimited bottles of water, and your own wait staff. There are only a few to reserve. Go to the Explorations Desk as soon as you get on to get a reservation. We had the middle one on 'dmwnc1959' first picture. We couldn't ask for better. It was called the 'Serenity' cabana.

Just got off the 8/19 cruise and the cabana's for $120 were well worth it. We have been there many times and it had gotten so that I would only go over for an hour or so. Too hot in the sun, lines too long for lunch...ugh!

The cabana, we had number 4, was wonderful. Lunch was great, different food then the bar-b-cue.

There are only 5 cabana's as of now, although I was told by staff that they are going to enlarge the area. I was first on line when the reservation desk opened and two were already gone. So you have to get to the desk early if you want one.

It was restful, relaxing and wonderful. Breeze was just right, privacy in the cabana. The staff was great...he kept coming back to be sure we had everything we wanted. Changed out the ice and fresh fruit for us after it had been sitting for a bit. It was like our own little piece of paradise!!!

Archived