does the shoe rack really helps?

Pooh&OurHunny

I've never needed one...my make-up and hair stuff resides on the vanity, in the room....the bathroom is too small to do all that "gettin' pretty" stuff! Most ship bathrooms have shelves hidden behind the mirrors....and, under the sink.

Some folks do use them to hold sunscreen, sunglasses, odds and ends.....

I find it to be very helpful when there are three of us women in a cabin. I keep $1 for tips, camera, notepads and pens, any item that I don't want to get lost laying on the vanity or table. I'm not much for having things strewn about on the surfaces.

Having said that, I will be going with one friend in May and I don't think I will need it for just the two of us.

I had more than enough space for my stuff and that was with an inside cabin. Don't pack like it is the end of the world and you won't need a billion things.

I am considering bringing my shoe rack on our honeymoon cruise since FI has never gone and he leaves stuff everywhere so it might be easier if he has slots to put his things in (and me) -sunglasses, beard trimmer, sunblock, hair stuff, makeup, extra shoes, you can also store smaller shirts like tank tops rolled up in the slots.

You will know what your packing needs are more than anybody else. I can do a week long cruise with only a carry on bag and a backpack.

We never do it. My husband doesn't want the bulky weight addition, and I don't argue as he is the one to roll the suitcase. We don't keep much in the bathroom, my cosmetics are in the cabin on the desk anyway.

What we like to do - we bring 2-3 paper plates, put all small things in them, one envelope for credit card receipts.

Somehow everything finds its place, in the draws, on shelves, in plastic bags. The side mirrors open, and there are small shelves behind them.

I always bring a plastic one and it works great. I keep all the things my DH or DS would need to grab quick. It saves them from asking me where things are and it keeps the bathroom vanity more clutter free. The thing weighs next to nothing so for us we love it! My friend and her sister also us one because the share a inside cabin and between those two ladies they need every inch of space they can get :cool:.

Thanks everyone, my husband asked me why are you bring a shoe rack when we are not bringing that many shoes. I told him I read that people cruise find it as an organization thing. He thinks its silly, so I wanted to list things for him. I guess I put everything in zip locks when we travel on regular travel but new to cruising so I thought it would be a space saver thing.

I can't think of going without taking this gem.. Not only does it help me keep the bathroom clear of clutter, my husband can find anything in it since it has the clear pockets. It takes up no room in my suitcase.

But again, that's just me.

BG.jpg.c4014ded1b947b202794c58fb632e586.jpg

Bringing the shoe rack really helps? If so what do you put in them?

Thanks for any help

No. It is just like most of the stuff you see on the many "must pack" lists on CC - a total waste. We brought one on one cruise and tossed it out at the end of the cruise. The idea is to bring less stuff so you do not need things like shoe holders.

DON

i can't think of going without taking this gem.. Not only does it help me keep the bathroom clear of clutter, my husband can find anything in it since it has the clear pockets. It takes up no room in my suitcase.

totally agree!!!!

After reading so many recommendations on these boards, I bought one at the dollar store before a cruise. Could never figure out any use for it and donated it to Goodwill when we got home. There always seems to be plenty of storage space in the cabin.

We love it. Maybe this is naive, but I like to think of it as a courtesy to our cabin stewards. We have put away our stuff in the over-the-door doodad, and they can clean our bathroom quickly because we do not have our junk spread all over.

I can't think of going without taking this gem.. Not only does it help me keep the bathroom clear of clutter, my husband can find anything in it since it has the clear pockets. It takes up no room in my suitcase.

I agree, it is actually #4 on my wife's packing list after money, meds, and credit cards:D

do not go on the cruise without an over the door shoe holder. it carries the lotions, sun block, cosmetics, shammpoos etc, cameras, medications, tissues, ship receipthair adcs, ship cards, id's, curling irons,hair items, jewelry,cell phones,etc. where would you put these items without creating clutter??????

My husband thought I was crazy for getting one but we loved having it! Need is proportional to how many people in your cabin. There were four of us and it was SO helpful to organize and stow sunglasses, sunblock, etc. With 4 people, and such a small cabin, it doesn't take much to throw it into clutter chaos. The shoe thingie was awseome.

I do think it's courteous for the steward, too- kept things off the surfaces so he could clean.

Archived