New Orleans Elation Oil Spill

rick&james

Wow, here I am looking at cruise insurance and this pops up. I wonder if your luggage is covered?

I would think Carnival would offer some compensation if your luggage is oil covered and ruined now. Same as when they accidently drop it into the brig, which I've heard of more than once.

There calling people down to go through there stuff and they went to Wally World and got new bags they haven't called me down yet...this is unreal 16 cruises never a issues im so upset right now

I am sure you are upset. But it looks like they are trying to do the right thing. Just remember it is an accident and don't let it ruin your vacation.

There calling people down to go through there stuff and they went to Wally World and got new bags they haven't called me down yet...this is unreal 16 cruises never a issues im so upset right now

I can understand your frustration..

I would take my camera down and take pictures to document things.

Hope you have a better evening and great cruie.

We are on the Elation and we are delayed due to a oil spill there was a truck filling the ship when oil went everywhere over people luggage including mine its crazy its about 300 pieces of luggage more more to come.....

:eek:

Oh no!! I'm so sorry!! That sucks!

2012 has been a crazy year for Carnival and we are just a 46 days in.

Yeah. 2012 is not a good year for cruise lines it seems....

...I'm wondering now how smart it was to book a cruise that will be in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific on the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking... ;) :p

My last cruise, we didn't sail until 11:00 p.m. Because the river closed to traffic during a tropical storm. The good part (of course we didn't have destroyed luggage and clothes) is that we were able to see where the river meets the Gulf. I am glad we saw that.

It was boring as heck until then, as nothing was open and we literally sat in the cabin or walked around and looked at all the closed places. Not a thing to do... Stir crazy!!! I posted on here too, lol.

Look forward to tomorrow...

Hang in there!

I would think Carnival would offer some compensation if your luggage is oil covered and ruined now. Same as when they accidently drop it into the brig, which I've heard of more than once.

Now I'm not trying to be mean or anything but,I thought the brig was the onboard jail cell. Am I wrong?

Some years ago when sailing from NO they dropped five pieces of luggage into the river. Of course one was mine Badpart was they did not tell us for two days, just kept saying it was lost. The stevedores finally confessed and RCCL paid us what we asked for our luggage. It was the last time i ever checked luggage on a cruise.

But it is amazing what you can do with the clothes on your back, a complementary ship tee shirt and $150 crefit from the ship store. Plus they loaned us formal wear for the dressy nights.

Was quite a mess, but I made the conscious decision on thefirst morning that I wasnot going to let this spoil my cruise, and I didnt.

I feel your pain (really I do) but it will be okay. now, you too, have a "nek'ked on the high seas" story.

Archived