Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Oceania Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Oceania Cruises
Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forums

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

After 2 cruises on Oceania, both in suites, I can say that there is no such thing as priority tendering, no matter what your room category. If there is any tender priority it goes to passengers who have early morning shore excursions.

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
20,000+ Club

Never had a suite so not sure how it works
our experience was if you show up as soon as they anchor to the lounge get a tender ticket as soon as the tenders are available they call the ticket number/colour
Ship's excursions go first (if scheduled at the same time as tenders are ready to go) then regular passengers called
If there is still space (they count passengers) on a tender with the ship's tours then they will call independent passengers tickets
After all ship's tours are ashore they will open the tendering you do not need to get a ticket just go to the gangway/tender platform

The private guides will wait for people but some passenger like to get a full day in so are quite anxious to get off
If you show up early you will not wait that long
That is my experience

Lyn
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Royal Epirotiki-Olympic, Orient lines-Marco Polo, NCL-Dream, Princess - Dawn Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress, Scenic Tours -Scenic Sapphire, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina(1) Riveria (1) AQSC-American Queen

FUTURE CRUISE(S)

Email:LHT28 yahoo com
Put Cruise in subject line

PHOTOS:
http://lht28.smugmug.com/

Old February 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

In general that is true. What bothered us on our day in Sorrento was that I asked Destinations when we should be in the lounge if we were to meet our guide at 8:30 and they told me 8:00, so that's when we got there. Actually a few minutes before that.

And then we weren't even called until 8:40, but in the interim one ship's tour after another was called.

If they'd told me 7:45, we'd have been there! And then we probably WOULD have been on time.

C'est la vie.

Mura

Send Mura a message:

Old February 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
5,000+ Club

Any reference to priority tendering has been removed from the website and the brochures, so it seems that the process is no longer advertised; yet in the sense that ones butler can obtain the required tender tickets in advance, it appears to me that the Suite Passenger does still have an advantage.

Contact Jim & Stan