Posted March 31st, 2012, 08:36 PM
For those of you who want to lose weight before your cruise, I have a couple questions.
1. What are your biggest obstacles?
2. What motivates you?
3. How soon before your cruise do you start?
I sometimes think that cruising is one of my best weight control methods because in between cruises I don't want to gain weight where I wouldn't be able to wear my awesome cruise clothes!
1. My biggest obstacle is my LOVE of eating carbs, fat, and grease
2. What motivates me? Fitting into my awesome cruise clothes and going "shopping" in my closet.....being able to fit into clothes I've had for years, but haven't been able to wear for years.
3. I usually start a couple months before the cruise. I start by trying on all my summer clothes to see how far I have to go to look decent.
This year, in January, I made the jump to buy a treadmill mainly for my health, but hoping a side benefit would be losing weight. It's amazing! I power-walk 3 times a week for 30 minutes, and I noticed results after about 3 weeks. It's going on 3 months, and today I bought my first size 10 jeans in about 10 years (been in a 12 for a long time). It feels great, and knowing I'm getting healthier and looking younger than my 40 years is very motivating.
Good luck to all who are trying to lose weight, for a cruise, or just in general. I love these threads, and I think it's great sharing on here.
My cruise photos on Flickr:
10 YEARS *10* Cruises!
****10/2015 Bermuda - Norwegian Breakaway****
~~~3/2014 Western Caribbean - Carnival Dream~~~
~~~ 10/2012 Bermuda - Norwegian Star ~~~
~~ 5/2012 Bermuda - Holland America MS Veendam ~~
~~~ 4/2011 Bermuda - Carnival Pride~~~
~~~10/2010 Bahamas - Carnival Pride~~~
~~~10/2009 Bahamas - Carnival Pride~~~
~~~5/2008 Southern Caribbean - Carnival Destiny~~~
~~~6/2007 Eastern Caribbean - Carnival Triumph~~~
~~5/2005 Western Caribbean - Carnival Imagination~~