Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

Let me start by saying I will not reveal my source, so please don't ask. I will tell you my source is directly involved in this project and there's supposed to be a formal announcement by RCCL within the next few weeks.

I don't know if anyone remembers getting a survey a while back asking about the onboard dining experience, but it seems RCCL is listening to that feedback along with the regular weekly comment cards.

With that said, there will not only be NEW menus in the MDR on all ships, but RCCL is improving the overall quality of the items it serves. They have decided to increase their food budget to offer a better dining experience.

Highlights:

The Top Sirloin on the "Always Available" Menu will be upgraded to filet mignon. Also on the "Always Available" Menu will be shrimp cocktail, escargot (provided they can be sourced due to the shortage), herb crusted cod, salmon, a bowl of mixed berries, and Key Lime Pie. Other items were mentioned, but I don't remember what they were.

New entrees will include:

- Rack of Lamb

- Veal Chops

- Veal Scalloppini Oscar

- Crab Legs

- Baked Lasagna (baked in it's own individual dish)

- Beef Sliders

- Each night there will be an entree salad with a featured protien

- Surf and Turf featuring a 6oz filet mignon and a 6 oz lobster tail (larger tail than the 4oz one that's currently being served)

- Sea Bass

- Baked/Stuffed Shrimp

The $14.95 Chops Steak will be removed since you will be able to get a filet mignon every night from the always available menu. In it's place will be the option to purchase a 1 1/4 lb steamed, Maine Lobster for $24.99

New Desserts will include:

- Mile High Lemon Merengue Pie

- REAL NY style cheesecake

- Baked Alaska is making a return.. and will be served in individual portions--

- Warm fruit pies and cobblers served in individual dishes. Straight from the oven to your table.

- Some chocolate, kahlua pie?

To enhance the new menu, all the tablewear and dishes will also be redesigned.

I wasn't able to get the full roll out schedule but here's what I do know... the new menus will be available on the following ships/dates:

Freedom- 7/29/2012

Oasis- 8/25/2012

Allure- 9/9/2012

Jewel- 9/23/2012

Rhapsody- 5/24/2013

RCCL is also partnering with Food and Wine Magazine and will be showing short culinary "snippets" on the Poolside TV Screens... one of the things they will show is the featured items for each nights dinner. Other culinary programs are in the works, but nothing finalized yet.

RCCL has used feedback from the guest comment cards, surveys and information received from the MDR staff to add items that were most rquested by guests. Additionally, they looked at the quality and menu offerings from the competition and decided it was time for them to up their game.

I for one, can't thank them enough..and I look forward to trying out the new offerings on my Oasis cruise in Oct.

Bon Appetite Everyone!

Let me start by saying I will not reveal my source, so please don't ask. I will tell you my source is directly involved in this project and there's supposed to be a formal announcement by RCCL within the next few weeks.

I don't know if anyone remembers getting a survey a while back asking about the onboard dining experience, but it seems RCCL is listening to that feedback along with the regular weekly comment cards.

With that said, there will not only be NEW menus in the MDR on all ships, but RCCL is improving the overall quality of the items it serves. They have decided to increase their food budget to offer a better dining experience.

The $14.95 Chops Steak will be removed since you will be able to get a filet mignon every night from the always available menu. In it's place will be the option to purchase a 1 1/4 lb steamed, Maine Lobster for $24.99

Bon Appetite Everyone!

We had this option featured on the menu on our recent cruise on Enchantment.:eek: The lobsters were delivered to the ship while we were in Boston and then offered on the following evenings.

We had this option featured on the menu on our recent cruise on Enchantment.:eek: The lobsters were delivered to the ship while we were in Boston and then offered on the following evenings.

We also had it on Jewel in June.. they were testing this on a few ships.

It's true! I was planning on not eating in the MDR at all on my upcoming Oasis cruise, but after hearing this I've changed my mind.

We are sailing on FOS in December...can't wait to share this news with my husband!

Monarch also has had the Maine Lobster choice on the menu since at least January.

Monarch also has had the Maine Lobster choice on the menu since at least January.

It has been on a few ships as they were testing the waters. Apparently people have been buying it if they're rolling it out fleet wide as part of the new program.

And I was told that when Enchantment does her itineraries in the summer that include the stop in Boston, lobsters are always ordered and delivered to the ship while they are in port.:confused:

Highlights:

The Top Sirloin on the "Always Available" Menu will be upgraded to filet mignon. Also on the "Always Available" Menu will be shrimp cocktail, escargot (provided they can be sourced due to the shortage), herb crusted cod, salmon, a bowl of mixed berries, and Key Lime Pie. Other items were mentioned, but I don't remember what they were.

New entrees will include:

- Rack of Lamb

- Veal Chops

- Veal Scalloppini Oscar

- Crab Legs

- Baked Lasagna (baked in it's own individual dish)

- Beef Sliders

- Each night there will be an entree salad with a featured protien

- Surf and Turf featuring a 6oz filet mignon and a 6 oz lobster tail (larger tail than the 4oz one that's currently being served)

- Sea Bass

- Baked/Stuffed Shrimp

New Desserts will include:

- Mile High Lemon Merengue Pie

- REAL NY style cheesecake

- Baked Alaska is making a return.. and will be served in individual portions--

- Warm fruit pies and cobblers served in individual dishes. Straight from the oven to your table.

- Some chocolate, kahlua pie?

To enhance the new menu, all the tablewear and dishes will also be redesigned.

I wasn't able to get the full roll out schedule but here's what I do know... the new menus will be available on the following ships/dates:

Freedom- 7/29/2012

Oasis- 8/25/2012

Allure- 9/9/2012

Jewel- 9/23/2012

Rhapsody- 5/24/2013

RCCL is also partnering with Food and Wine Magazine and will be showing short culinary "snippets" on the Poolside TV Screens... one of the things they will show is the featured items for each nights dinner. Other culinary programs are in the works, but nothing finalized yet.

RCCL has used feedback from the guest comment cards, surveys and information received from the MDR staff to add items that were most rquested by guests. Additionally, they looked at the quality and menu offerings from the competition and decided it was time for them to up their game.

I for one, can't thank them enough..and I look forward to trying out the new offerings on my Oasis cruise in Oct.

Bon Appetite Everyone!

Interesting that you post this, RCCL is hosting a TA webinar tomorrow.

Join us for a can't-miss webinar featuring two special guests from our Onboard Activities and Food & Beverage departments, who will provide their expert insights about our exciting fleetwide upgrades. Learn how to effectively make these enhancements part of your talk track every time you sell a Royal Caribbean cruise.

From the email.

Happy to hear this news...Now if the enhancements include making them "TASTE" as good as they "LOOK"..RCI will be back on track..This has been my #1 complaint on my guest survey card and online surveys..."Looks good tastes bad" and a lot of desserts have been wasted and been one biters left sitting on the tables.

Well the first cruise is the end of this week, hopefully we will get some good reports back in a week or so

I know, when I heard the date for Freedom, I asked why they haven't announced this. The reply I got, was there seems to be hesitation by some in the Miami office.. they feel that by making an announcement, they're admitting that their food was not that great. Like that's a big surprise.. LOL.

I think they should shout it from the mountain tops!

Thinking back to my June cruise on the Jewel, we actually had some of these items on our MDR menus... hmmmmm

We actually stopped sailing on RCCL after 8 cruises because the food quality was so bad. I just booked our cruise on the Freedom for December a few weeks ago we wanted to give RCCL another try sounds like our timely was perfect!

Happy to hear this news...Now if the enhancements include making them "TASTE" as good as they "LOOK"..RCI will be back on track..This has been my #1 complaint on my guest survey card and online surveys..."Looks good tastes bad" and a lot of desserts have been wasted and been one biters left sitting on the tables.

They should taste as good as they look now.. that actual comment was brought up during our conversation.

That sounds great! One of the things I liked about Celebrity was the good choices that were available every night--such as shrimp cocktail and french onion soup that was excellent with a strong broth and about a half pound of cheese on top:eek:.

We actually stopped sailing on RCCL after 8 cruises because the food quality was so bad. I just booked our cruise on the Freedom for December a few weeks ago we wanted to give RCCL another try sounds like our timely was perfect!

I will say, I never thought the food was ever "Bad" on RCCL. If you want truly bad food, sail on NCL! However, there were times that the menu didn't have anything appealing to me on it, and the same old menu's year after year did get old.... especially when you sail 4-6 times a year. Most noticable were the cutbacks and the use of lesser quality products. Even with all that, I've still had some great meals in the MDR over the past few yrs.

But this improvement is long overdue! They have the nicest ships and the best service, this will make them complete.

Archived