Room service breakfast

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:15 PM.
297 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
What is offered? Is it a full menu or continental? I have seen a few mentions of smoked salmon which I love! I am sailing on the valor!
Delaware
608 Posts
Joined May 2010
More continental type. Cereals, pastries, coffee, juices and such. We call it a 'starter' breakfast!

Not sure about the salmon, however they do have bagels.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Pride - 01/02/2017 Journey Cruise Panama Canal
Carnival Sunshine - 10/13/2016 Canada getaway
Disney Dream - 04/18/2016 Family Cruise
Carnival Splendor - 10/23/2015 Bermuda bound
Carnival Splendor - 05/16/2015 2 days of fun!
Norwegian Breakaway - 2/1/2015 Trying out NCL
Carnival Pride - 02/23/2014 Winter getaway
Carnival Splendor - 09/06/2013 Platinum cruise
Carnival Glory - 05/24/2013 Cruise to Nowhere
Carnival Splendor - 01/19/2013 15 day Hawaii Cruise
Carnival Pride - 11/02/2012 Cruise to Nowhere
Carnival Pride - 10/23/2011 Bahamas with Hubby and SIL
Carnival Glory - 08/04/2011 Cruised with my Grandson
Carnival Glory - 09/06/2010 Just me and Hubby
Carnival Spirit - 12/29/2009 New Years Cruise
Carnival Victory - 04/27/2008 Cruising with family
Carnival Inspiration - 04/23-2007 First cruise/Anniversary Cruise
Chicago metro area
1,245 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by leaski
Not sure about the salmon, however they do have bagels.
They have salmon. It's listed on the top line, next to citrus, melon, and banana. Great way to get some protein in what's otherwise a carb-heavy breakfast.
(Go to the link in CoconutJD's post to see the menu.)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2013-APR-14: Carnival Sensation
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1833667

2012-APR-30: Carnival Imagination
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1646620
Ontario, CA (The one WITH the Palm Trees!)
22,430 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Be specific with what you want. Need to write in cream, etc.

If you order 4 cereals and one milk they will call to make sure you ordered correctly.
St. Louis, MO
351 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by LandlockedCruiser01
They have salmon. It's listed on the top line, next to citrus, melon, and banana. Great way to get some protein in what's otherwise a carb-heavy breakfast.
(Go to the link in CoconutJD's post to see the menu.)
I agree. I usually need some protein at breakfast to keep me full. And I love me some lido deck omelets, so I generally just order room service breakfast if I plan on getting off the ship first thing when we dock/tender. But that order always includes salmon, cream cheese, and a bagel.

The rest of the breakfast menu is pretty much cheap carbs, which don't fill me up. The salmon has got to be several times more expensive for them than anything else on that menu, and I'm actually shocked that they haven't cut it yet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival: 32 cruises, 182 days
Royal Caribbean: 5 cruises, 35 days

Holland America Oosterdam, September 2005, Pacific Coast
Splendid China, April 2010, Yangtze River
Norwegian Gem, September 2013, Canada & New England
Celebrity Summit, November 2013, Southern Caribbean

Upcoming:
Carnival Triumph, Western Caribbean, August 2017
Regal Princess, Western Caribbean, November 2017
Chicago metro area
1,245 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by DallasGuy75219
The rest of the breakfast menu is pretty much cheap carbs, which don't fill me up. The salmon has got to be several times more expensive for them than anything else on that menu, and I'm actually shocked that they haven't cut it yet.
I consider myself a Carnival fan; I love their "fun ships" aspect. But knowing how they've been acting lately, they'll probably replace them with hard-boiled eggs or something. (Hey, boardroom suits, you did not read that! ) Or maybe the ships that sail to Alaska double as their smoked salmon suppliers, I don't know. Either way, keep it on the menu; it's pretty good.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2013-APR-14: Carnival Sensation
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1833667

2012-APR-30: Carnival Imagination
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1646620
AZ
492 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
The breakfast portions are pretty thrifty. Don't be afraid to order several of each item.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Allen & Pam
St. Louis, MO
351 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by joeyancho
The salmon also makes great bait for fishing from your balcony.
Great way to save money on a fishing excursion.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival: 32 cruises, 182 days
Royal Caribbean: 5 cruises, 35 days

Holland America Oosterdam, September 2005, Pacific Coast
Splendid China, April 2010, Yangtze River
Norwegian Gem, September 2013, Canada & New England
Celebrity Summit, November 2013, Southern Caribbean

Upcoming:
Carnival Triumph, Western Caribbean, August 2017
Regal Princess, Western Caribbean, November 2017
Gettysburg, PA
2,210 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
And don't forget the Room Service Menu (Zydecocruiser), which has Shrimp Salad Sandwiches, New York Strip Loin Sandwiches...and lots more
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising, Buil, http://cruiseclues.com Our Personal Cruise Website
Sitmar, RCCL, Costa, HAL, Princess, Royal Cruise Line, Celebrity, Renaissance, Disney, MSC, Carnival, Carnival Glory Feb 17, 2013, Carnival Breeze Feb 24, 2013, Grandeur of the Seas Oct 25, 2013, Upcoming Caribbean Princess Nov 10, 2014 & MSC Divina Jan 24, 2015
"We cannot change the direction of the wind... but we can adjust our sails"
Cruising is the Best Vacation!
New York State
1,230 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by Rachel83706
Is that current?

Yes it is current- the strip steak use to have brie with it (prior to 2.0) but now its cheddar.

Happy Sailing!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

A Bad Day on Vacation
Always Beats
A Good Day at Work
Carnival Conquest 4-8-2018 (DS#4 Grad Cruise) Port Everglades, Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Dominican Republic
Carnival Vista 1-8-2017 (DS#3 Grad Cruise)-Miami, Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands & Cozumel, Mexico
Carnival Liberty 3-29-2014 (DS#2 Grad Cruise)- (DS-Miami, Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk First picture review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...rnival+liberty
Carnival Destiny 4-16-2012 (DH 50th Birthday)- Miami, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Grand Turk Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1630132
Emerald Princess 5-2-2010 (Adults only cruise)- Port Everglades, Princess Cays, St Thomas, St Maarten, Grand Turk
Norwegian Spirit 4-27-2008 (DS#1 Grad Cruise)- NYC, Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=770773
Virginia
181 Posts
Joined May 2013
My plan was to have breakfast on my balcony the second day of my 2-day CTN. If I'm being honest I was a little dissappointed by the offerings they have. I suppose it isn't a big deal to go out and get breakfast and come back...but really how hard would it be to have a basic hot breakfast available?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Nashville
924 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I'm not one who has to have for breakfast what is considered as "breakfast food". I like having other things. That being said, my favourite Carnival room service breakfast was on our last cruise. We would be having an early tender (Cayman, I think)...the MDR wouldn't open on time for us and the Buffet would have been pushing it. Hunny got just coffee, pastries and fruit. I wanted something more stick-to-your-ribs. So I ordered a reuben and potato salad...that really did the trick and kept me full until lunch.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CRUISE HISTORY:
April 1991 Carnival Carnivale (Freeport, Nassau)
April 1992 Carnival Festivale * (don't remember where to...had too much fun)
April 1993 Carnival Ecstasy * (don't remember where to...had too much fun)
April 1994 Carnival Tropicale * (don't remember where to...had too much fun)
April 2010 Carnival Fascination (Key West, Nassau)
Sept 2012 Carnival Conquest (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay)
Sept 2013 Carnival Dream (Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk)
Sept 2015 Carnival Dream (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel)
Sept 2016 Carnival Valor (St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk)
Sept 2017 Carnival Triumph (Cozumel, Progreso)

* Some places I went on these cruises included, but are not limited to: Aruba, Caracas, St. Thomas, St. Martin, Grenada, Dominica, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Playa del Carmen & Barbados.
Missouri
2,009 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
This past cruise we actually ordered room service breakfast. That was the first in 4 cruises that I did. We ordered it on all three port days. I was not super impressed with the offerings, but we had excursions on those days and have a two year old who is messy and eats kind of slowly (well okay she plays around instead of eating). DH and I decided it would work better to eat in our room- so she could take her time eating while we showered, got ready etc. Mainly she just eats cereal, yogurt or fruit for breakfast so it was not a big deal.

The upside was that it was quick, allowed us more time as far as eating and getting ready and it was a nice wake up. The downside is that we got hungry earlier, which we typically never do. We actually ate in port in all three ports, which we never do.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Imagination- 12/11/2004 (Mother/Daughter cruise)
Carnival Valor- 2/22/2009 (DH's first cruise)
Carnival Conquest 4/29/2012 (My baby girl's first cruise)
Carnival Conquest 4/21/2013 (our first true inside room)
Celebrity Constellation 3/31/14 (Just DH and I)
Carnival Elation 10/13/14 (Short Family Cruise)
Disney Fantasy- 5/9/15 (First cruise with "the Mouse")
Liberty of the Seas- 5-14-17 (Birthday Cruise)
29,344 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by DallasGuy75219
I agree. I usually need some protein at breakfast to keep me full. And I love me some lido deck omelets, so I generally just order room service breakfast if I plan on getting off the ship first thing when we dock/tender. But that order always includes salmon, cream cheese, and a bagel.

Very surprised how much smoked salmon they give you given how expensive it is.
Sacramento
3,923 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by lbritgirl
FWIW, we pencilied in a BLT one day last week on the Freedom and they delivered it!
I've done that...then went upstairs to ask for a fried egg to add to it
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature