New way to carry my necklaces when I travel!

Robin7

I finally found a way to carry my necklaces when I travel. It's GENIUS! And I've tried several different methods. This is THE BEST.

Sure beats wrapping each individual necklace. Last time I carried them wrapped in tissue paper and in a gallon-size ziploc. Took so long to pack and repack.

Plus I've had two different kinds of travel rolls. :rolleyes:

And I've put them in their own individual bags.

I LOVE THIS!

http://orgjunkie.com/2012/08/a-simple-inexpensive-travel-jewelry-organizer.html

jewelry-organizer-6.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Robin

I suggest that when using this roll method you Top & tail the way you pack the roll, so that all the ¨bulk¨of the fancy bit is not in one place ie clasp to the left on the 1st, then clasp to the right on the second etc

Sandy in Spain

I've done this before and it works great. Good use for an old dish towel. I used an older linen towel, put the necklaces down the center, folded the sides up over them like a burrito, then rolled it up. No open ends that way.

You can use elastic hair ties on each end to secure it.

I just drop one end of the chain thru a drinking straw, and fasten the clasp.....you can cut the straw to fit, if needed. They will not tangle!

At the risk of talking into the wind, I'll note that several of the necklaces shown in the photo in post 1 would need a pretty large straw. :rolleyes:

I finally found a way to carry my necklaces when I travel. It's GENIUS! And I've tried several different methods. This is THE BEST.

Sure beats wrapping each individual necklace. Last time I carried them wrapped in tissue paper and in a gallon-size ziploc. Took so long to pack and repack.

Plus I've had two different kinds of travel rolls. :rolleyes:

And I've put them in their own individual bags.

I LOVE THIS!

http://orgjunkie.com/2012/08/a-simple-inexpensive-travel-jewelry-organizer.html

jewelry-organizer-6.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Robin

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I always travel with a microfiber towel for drying my hair - would work great for this on a trip where I brought necklaces (I don't always since I wear scarves quite often) I wouldn't want to pack a towel just to pack the necklaces, but since I carry one anyway.....

Okay, I have a question about all this. Once on board, what do you do with the necklaces? I would think that rolling and unrolling each time you want to wear one would be a pain, but if you've carried them in a towel, where do you keep them after you arrive?

Yes, my mind always goes immediately to the "what can go wrong" aspect. LOL

Neat idea, but not for me. I use ziploc baggies (little tiny ones), then put those into a plastic container and into my purse. Not taking a lot this upcoming trip. Seems I always end up going for my favorite pieces, regardless of what I had planned...so I am just taking my favorite pieces!

Okay, I have a question about all this. Once on board, what do you do with the necklaces? I would think that rolling and unrolling each time you want to wear one would be a pain, but if you've carried them in a towel, where do you keep them after you arrive?

Yes, my mind always goes immediately to the "what can go wrong" aspect. LOL

If I had enough drawer space I would leave the towel unrolled in the drawer so when I opened the drawer I could see all my necklaces. It would be easy to find and replace items and then just roll it back up when the cruise is over.

If I had enough drawer space I would leave the towel unrolled in the drawer so when I opened the drawer I could see all my necklaces. It would be easy to find and replace items and then just roll it back up when the cruise is over.

Good idea! Since we've splurged on a suite, drawer space won't be a problem.

But every time you open and close the drawer, those necklaces are going to move around on the towel.

In addition to the small jewelry organizer I use for earrings, I've bought a number of the little drawstring fabric bags they sell for $1 in the shops on various ships. They're great for larger necklaces, bracelets, chunky watches, and even my iPod. I get all different colors and designs so I can distinguish which has what. I also use the straw technique for several of my tiny chain pendant necklaces.