Navigator replacing Jewel out of San Juan May 2015 on

One un-happy camper here. Love sailing the Radiance class out of San Juan every winter. Did AOS once and found it just OK. Why would they have 2 Voyager class ships sailing from San Juan? Are you sure Navigator isn't replacing AOS?

Edited by erniesband

One un-happy camper here. Love sailing the Radiance class out of San Juan every winter. Did AOS once and found it just OK. Why would they have 2 Voyager class ships sailing from San Juan? Are you sure Navigator isn't replacing AOS?

No,because the Adventure leaves for Europe first week of May 2015. The Jewel also leaves for the Pacific in May 2015, I believe. I haven't heard anything about the Adventure coming back to San Juan after the summer of that year.

Worst case will be they only have one class year round out of San Juan, but like you I also hope they keep the same Voyager/Radiance formula for the winter.

More or less both. ;)

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS is replacing JEWEL OF THE SEAS for the summer season 2015, but it is very likely that JEWEL OF THE SEAS returns to San Juan in winter, so that both JEWEL and NAVGIGATOR sail out of San Juan in winter 2015/16.

So ADVENTURE will be deployed elseware.

Fingers crossed for jewel to come full time to the west coast. San Francisco Alaska/Mexico. We need a ship here. Loyal to royal.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, we do need a ship on the west coast, San Francisco would be the greatest, like you said Alaska/Mexico. Come on RCI, let's see if you can make this happen. :D

The weekly newspaper Caribbean Business (vol. 43 no. 3, p. 23) mentions in a broader article about tourism that RCI will be replacing the Jewel with the Navigator year round out of San Juan beginning May 2015.

Sounds good to me.

Link to the article you note above.

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/prnt_ed/tourism-set-for-modest-growth-this-year-9467.html

The weekly newspaper Caribbean Business (vol. 43 no. 3, p. 23) mentions in a broader article about tourism that RCI will be replacing the Jewel with the Navigator year round out of San Juan beginning May 2015.

Sounds good to me.

Can't wait to book it!! Thanks for sharing this information. :):)

The Jewel, like all of the smaller Radiance class ships, usually does not provide the non-stop entertainment choices available on the bigger ships. But for port intensive itineraries in warm Summer weather it is great. That is why we are doing a b2b in July. It will be a change from a combined 4 weeks on the Oasis class duo in 2011 and 2013. And the Jewel is the only one of the foursome we have never been on. Looking forward to photographing the pool elephants. :D

Awesome news! WE were on the Jewel this past May, and thought it was very blah, especially entertainment-wise. Would love to sail NV on the southern route!

That's exactly how we felt about Jewel... now 8 years ago! Just a very blah ship. Nothing special about it and the entertainment was the worst I've seen.

Sounds good to me.

I'm so excited. It looks like I'm finally going to book a Southern Caribbean cruise :D. I didn't want to sail on a Radiance class ships again and I had been waiting for a second generation Voyager class ship or Freedom class ship to sail from SJU. It looks like its finally going to happen!

I'm so excited. It looks like I'm finally going to book a Southern Caribbean cruise :D. I didn't want to sail on a Radiance class ships again and I had been waiting for a second generation Voyager class ship or Freedom class ship to sail from SJU. It looks like its finally going to happen!

Roll Tide! I was stationed at Fort Rucker at various times during my military career and I consider Alabama my second home. It will be great to have you down here!

All the others too, of course.

Same here! I know we've discussed this before, but the pool deck was so small, I couldn't believe it. That's where I spend my time and I was so disappointed not being able to find a chair at all. Radiance was my least-favorite ship. Can't wait to book Navigator.

I also like the fact that a large Voyager ship does the summer cruises from San Juan, the Radiance ships are more flexible for other areas.

Then JEWEL seems to sail Alaska and West Coast during the summer period 2015, but she seems to return in winter to SJU, so both JEWEL and NAVIGATOR sail from SJU in winter 2015.

Does anyone have an idea where ADVENTURE could go than, because she seems to be deployed somewhere else than?? :confused: