Disney Cruise Adult Beverage tastings

rosebudw1

Has anyone done any of these lately. The last thread I could find on them was from 2012. Are they fun and well attended? How much are they now and are they a good value. I am traveling on the Wonder in May with family that does not drink much. I don't drink to excess but like a good wine or bourbon. I was thinking that this might be a way to mix with some like minded travelers without going by myself to one of the bars.

Thoughts or suggestions?

I haven't been on the Wonder for a while, but they are alive and well on the Fantasy. You can see what is available and sign up at Guest Services on day 1. Most of the time they are limited to about 20 people. (private events may be slightly larger). Most recent cost I'm aware of was $15, but as you noted many prices have increased in the last few months.

I don't recall seeing a bourbon tasting. They have wine, tequila, etc. Value is always in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by moki'smommy

Has anyone done any of these lately. The last thread I could find on them was from 2012. Are they fun and well attended? How much are they now and are they a good value. I am traveling on the Wonder in May with family that does not drink much. I don't drink to excess but like a good wine or bourbon. I was thinking that this might be a way to mix with some like minded travelers without going by myself to one of the bars.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Not from the Wonder - but I believe the costs for the tastings is the same from ship to ship (this is from the Fantasy)

262plwm.jpg

If you happen to be with a large group, DCL will organize one privately for your group. This can be set up in advance and paid in advance. The group will be allowed to change names after making the reservations, but you will be held to the required number of places.

I was on the Wonder in December. My wife and I did two seminars. We did the chocolate and liquor pairing, and the martini tasting. The chocolate event was well-attended, they set up a long row of tables in the Cadillac Bar. For the martini tasting, there were fewer if us so we sat at the bar.

Steve

The Tequila-Margarita and the Italian Cocktail tastings sound interesting! Has anyone done either of them? I'd love to hear the details.

My son and I did the tequila tasting on the Dream last May. Lots of fun!

I think the cost was $20 each. We tasted three tequilas: silver, reposado and anejo while the bartender talked about how they make tequila and other tequila facts.

Then we had three mini-margaritas: peach, regular and one other (I forget) while the bartender talked about margaritas.

The mixology class sounded interesting too, but we ran out of time and didn't get to it.

My son and I did the tequila tasting on the Dream last May. Lots of fun!

I think the cost was $20 each. We tasted three tequilas: silver, reposado and anejo while the bartender talked about how they make tequila and other tequila facts.

Then we had three mini-margaritas: peach, regular and one other (I forget) while the bartender talked about margaritas.

The mixology class sounded interesting too, but we ran out of time and didn't get to it.

This one sounds good, too. Especially the margaritas! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be on the Wonder in May as well...doing the WBPC, and am very much looking forward to the Rum tasting, the chocolate and liquer tasting, and the tequila tasting. Although to be honest, we did a tequila tasting in January, on a tour in Cozumel, and I'll be really disappointed if they don't use a really good tequila for the tasting. And after what we had in Cozumel, Patron, Jose Cuervo, or any other 'commercial' brand just doesn't stack up.

just have to get through the next 59 days.... lol