Dining Room Breakfast ?

teeredi2cruise

Try the Eggs Benedict. They are the reason I go to the dining room for breakfast. They do serve waffles, at least on all of my cruises so far.

I also love the omelletes made to order on Lido. IMO, they are worth standing in line for.:)

The Belgium waffles in the dining room are not what you are used to eating in a restaurant. My DH ordered them and was served two small triangle waffles that looked like frozen waffles, definitely not thick tasty Belgium waffles. He did order the french toast in the dining room several times and said it was good.

For any of you that have had breakfast in the dining room, do you know if they serve waffles, or is there a menu any where with breakfast items.

NO BUT THEY SERVE PLENTY OF INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH COFFEE AND ARE YOU SHOUTING OR DO YOU THINK THE REST OF US ARE BLIND

BOY THAT WAFFLE QUESTION WOKE ME UP

WHERE DID MY PERIOD GO

I MUST BE GETTING OLD

BNB

does anyone know if the oatmeal is pre sweetened? Noticed "special of the day" Anyone remember what that was? Thanks

went away (on Holiday)after my April cruise..there was one dish I lovvvvved particularly..hmmm..that was when the new guy replaced "Uncle Bob". I ask for and get, A salmon cream cheese, caper omlett..and a Croisant Egg McHoliday..a smile goes a long way, accompanied by a hug and a thank you so verry much.

You guys are making me hungry!!!

Love the eggs benny in the dining room. And if I want scrambled eggs, I always go to the dining room. There's something nasty about buffet scrambled eggs...any buffet...they're always runny and I hate runny scrambled eggs.

What exactly is eggs benedict?

English muffin topped with ham, poached egg, and hollandaise sauce. Not bad, eggs sardu is better. I like the omelettes in the buffet, IMO the DR portions are too small for my appetite.

Portions too small? You do know you can order as many portions as you want. I always order two eggs benedict. I thought I was the only one who was ga ga over the eggs benedict on Carnival.

We had waffles on the 5 day canada cruise on the Victory. By the way you really should try to make it to the dining room. The lido deck is very crowed and the food is cold, you need to look for a table, get your own drinks etc etc etc. It is nicer to be served and welcomed with a pleasant smile:)

DH and I plan to eat in the dining room for BF, I'm on a restricted diet so I think I can control it better in the dining room. I was hoping the coffee would be an improvement since our last cruise....guess I'll go buy a 2 pot coffee maker today and grind my own.

I hope you're not serious...if they don't allow people to have irons or candles in their cabin, I certainly don't think bringing your own coffee pot is allowed!

I was planning to bring a non-electric french press and some beans, and just order up a pot of hot water from room service. But the coffee in the dining room is okay. The last cruise we only ate breakfast in the dining room on the last day (because I loved those Lido omelets!), but I think we'll try the dining room more often when we go again in January.

I honestly have never had any problem with the Lido breakfast, and I'm an egg lover. Maybe I've just been lucky. Could it be that I'm a fairly early riser and I get there before it's so busy that they're rushing out food that isn't well-prepared?

I think I've had an omelette in the DR. Can't remember. If I'm in the DR, I either get the Eggs Benedict of the lox & bagel. Ymmmm. I could eat smoked salmon at every meal.

That was one of my favorite things on my RCI cruise - smoked salmon in the Windjammer Cafe (their buffet) for breakfast! I was SO happy!

Eggs Benedict are very popular never heard anyone not liking them.

Ummmm, we went to the DR for breakfast one day on our cruise on the Ecstasy and I ordered the Eggs Benedict (which I normally love) and it was terrible. The sauce was lumpy and just didn't taste good. Also, mom ordered waffles and said they weren't good that morning. Maybe we just hit a bad kitchen day or something but that was the meal we least enjoyed on our cruise. But, knowing that there can be bad days again, I'll try the DR breakfast at least once on my next cruise and most likely will order the eggs benedict again to see if it's better. (I hope so because I really like EB. I was so surprised it was not good.)

Archived