Bve 2017

Jessejo

Has anyone seen a BVE schedule for 2017? Did the BVE in August with friends in Seattle prior to our Ruby cruise to Alaska. We're booked again for 2017 and would like to invite our friends again. We all enjoyed it. Thanks.

Has anyone seen a BVE schedule for 2017? Did the BVE in August with friends in Seattle prior to our Ruby cruise to Alaska. We're booked again for 2017 and would like to invite our friends again. We all enjoyed it. Thanks.

I haven't seen a schedule but I called and was told to call back about 30 days prior to the cruise departure.

When we recently considered a BVE, we were told by Princess they are available to book 120 days in advance. It's available to a limited number of passengers (50?) so it could be soldout if waiting until closer to the BVE's date.

When we recently considered a BVE, we were told by Princess they are available to book 120 days in advance. It's available to a limited number of passengers (50?) so it could be soldout if waiting until closer to the BVE's date.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is BVE?

Excuse my ignorance, but what is BVE?

No problem...it's the Bon Voyage Experience.

For $39 you can have lunch (includes a glass of wine or beer), a tour of the ship & your photo. It's only available in USA ports & the fee is usable towards a cruise booked within a couple of months of the BVE.

If you search this forum, there are regular discussions about the BVE/Bon Voyage Experience.

Yes, You board early.

One thing I'm not sure is noted elsewhere, but it's for US ports only.

Here's the text from the booking email, although the agent on the phone told me to arrive at 11, not 11:30.

Bon Voyage Experience 11:30 Arrival

Thank you for participating in Princess' "Bon Voyage Experience."

Provide all required Passenger Immigration information on Cruise Personalizer at www.princess.com no later than six days prior to your visit.

On the day of your visit, you'll be asked for your Boarding Pass,a valid photo ID and credit card. Arrive by 11:30 am for check-in.

Boarding will commence upon ship's clearance. (approximately 30 minutes after check-in.) If you are visiting with guests that are sailing, they may board with you.

Only passengers who board at this time will receive the ship tour.

The tour will be followed by lunch in the dining room. All visitors MUST disembark at least 60 minutes prior to ship's departure or when requested to do so by the ship's staff.

Visit fee of $39 is per person, non-refundable and non-transferable. Each paid visitor will receive a $39 Future Cruise Credit (FCC) which can be applied toward a future cruise booking on Princess.

The FCC is valid on bookings made up to three months from the date of your visit and cannot be transferred, refunded or used as a deposit.

Here's a link to a recent BVE in SF including photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377215&highlight=BVE

Edited by Astro Flyer

We actually did a BVE in SF once when we "cleverly" found ourselves without any FCD. They can be purchased while onboard even if just for a BVE. We also did one to thank our son when he drove us to SF before a cruise. We took him onboard, showed him around, and had lunch. Then he got off and we continued on our merry way. :)

That BVE was not shown on the schedule. My TA had the schedule and he said the last one for that year had already gone by. I called Princess just to be sure and they had scheduled another one even though they hadn't apprised the TAs of the fact. It never hurts to ask. :cool:

I found the link to the 2016 BVE schedule. Maybe always_cruisin will be able to find the 2017 schedule and post it in January.

2016 Bon Voyage Experience????? You can do the search for it at the top of the page.

• 2 months later...

If you call Princess make sure you ask for the BVE team. The representative you speak with might not know what you are talking about. Keep at it and you will get to the people who can tell you what you need to know.

If you call Princess make sure you ask for the BVE team. The representative you speak with might not know what you are talking about. Keep at it and you will get to the people who can tell you what you need to know.

Thanks. We did one last year when we saw it on the 2016 schedule here on CC. I want to know if anyone has seen the 2017 schedule. The poster who posted it said she got it from Onesource which I gather is for TA's only. Any TA's reading this? Can you find the 2017 schedule and post it? Thank you. Princess would probably sell more if they posted it here...

• 2 weeks later...
I called to ask if it was available for my sailing. It was, but then I had to wait to book it because I was more than 90 days out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll just wait to see if our friends want to do it again this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Just called back and it WAS available. Booked my friend and there are now 49 spots still available!! First rep never called BVE desk to ask. BVE Desk says the phone reps "shouldn't be going by a list" and are supposed to call over. So if you are ever told it's not available ask them to double check with the BVE Desk.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Quick question, if anyone can help. We are sailing on Emerald Princess in a few days, December 3 from LA. It is not on the post above, does that mean there is no BVE? Silly question, just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Questions....Have you made a reservation for the BVE? If not call Princess ASAP. I believe you have to have purchased the BVE at least 5 days in advance. They only allow 50 people for a BVE so it could be sold out.

Please post what happens.

Tom😎