S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck 12

Cabin 2104

Class CC1/ Conceirge Class

Bed Near Bathroom

Quiet Cabin Very Quiet, Just normal cruise sounds

View Perfect Can see from the tip to tail of the ship

Location of the cabin is ideal.....Center of the ship steps from the Elevators....Also steps to the Pool Areas.....Heard no noise from the elevators or the Pool.....Saw many cabins, would choose this location again

Robert

equinox

Deck - equinox deck 11

Cabin # 1541-

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – occasionally some noise from deck above, very early in the morning

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – NO obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? NONE

Any other comments?

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8300

Class – 10 - Inside

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – No balcony, near closets, but not too near

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Nonconnecting cabin & very quiet, also nice and dark.

Balcony View - could see balcony cabin across hall when we opened door.

Balcony Size? - couldn't tell, no way to get out to it, sucker kept his door locked.

Was wind a problem? No, only if wife slammed bathroom door

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, did not notice any issue with soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Perfect cabin for our needs, except closets too small and annoying - see below

Any other comments? The cabinets were two narrow by about 2 inches. The clothes hung outside the sliding doors, and we would have much prefered doors that swing open to cross closing sliding doors. Each time we got dressed it was open one door to get pants, close that door open other door to get shirt, etc. This was aggravated by the fact that one side only could be used for full length pants or dresses and the other side for shirts and blouses because of the safe.

Otherwise plenty of room in cabin and bathroom was outstanding.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1170

Class – C2

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – good view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Short walk to stairs and elevators

Forgive me for taking so long to post - take two weeks vacation and then work like a dog for ten.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1192 1194

Class – C2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – 1192 bath 1194 Balcony

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions and good view - we had the cabin attendant open up the divider between the two rooms so that the kids had access to our room without going into the hall - worked great

Was wind a problem? not really - but there were times that it was windier than others particularly in Mykonos

Was soot a problem - not with our cabins. The only places where we even detected a possible problem was on the top decks near the law - a heavy kerosine smell on some nights - but not even a dirty foot in eleven days

Any specific problems with this cabin? None at all

Any other comments? a walk to stairs and elevators ut it was very quiet as not many people walked past our room to get to stairs or elevators. Definitely keepers

Forgive me for taking so long to post - take two weeks vacation and then work like a dog for ten.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1192 1194

Class – C2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – 1192 bath 1194 Balcony

Dave, the Solstice deck plan shows Stateroom 1194 with a fold out sofa bed. I thought those sofa beds were normally near the balcony with the bed near the bath. Could you please reconfirm. I would think that 1192 would be near the balcony, and 1194 near the bath?

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1653

Class – CC

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath (room for three persons)

Quiet Cabin – room mates were noisey, neighborhood was quiet.

Balcony View - the big hump in the middle limited our view forward by 3 degrees, otherwise it has a nice veranda with a great view. The overhang keeps the hot sun off the veranda.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - about normal size

Was wind a problem? no, but it made big waves one night and made it bumpy at Mykonos. No wind from motion of the ship.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no soot but you could easily see the stack exhaust drifting away from the ship. No exhaust odor on veranda.

Any specific problems with this cabin? stay was too short. Long walk to elevators and food. Good for exercising before meals. This ship is really long.

Any other comments? some guy named Dennis comes in and makes the bed everytime you leave the room. Nice job Dennis.

Dave, the Solstice deck plan shows Stateroom 1194 with a fold out sofa bed. I thought those sofa beds were normally near the balcony with the bed near the bath. Could you please reconfirm. I would think that 1192 would be near the balcony, and 1194 near the bath?

My Mistake - kids just informed me that we had 1190 and 1192 so you are correct - 1190 had the bed near the door and 1192 had the bed near the window - amazing what a month wil do to your memories

My Mistake - kids just informed me that we had 1190 and 1192 so you are correct - 1190 had the bed near the door and 1192 had the bed near the window - amazing what a month wil do to your memories

Thanks for the clarification. Kids are great. I know how you feel -- I've had my fair share of brain farts over the years. :)

I copied this from another thread. Noticed it because I have this cabin on Equinox next Jan:

"We had AQ 1610, and liked everything but Blu. It was okay,but we much preferred the speciality restaurants. I liked everything else about AQ, and our cabin had a large angled hump balcony. The room(on deck 11) was very quiet. I posted a review,pictures and attachments on a google page I created. We are going on the Equinox in the fall, and will try AQ again. Here's the link. I thought the Solstice was great. Have a great cruise on the ship."

Where is her link to her review?

Donna ... Thanks for starting such a Great Thread and your patience is outstanding with those people who cannot be bothered to look through all the pages as i did for the info they want! despite so many reminders. I personally would have asked the Moderators to remove those posts had it been me who started the thread.

Just booked a couple of cabins for 2010 on the Eclipse and came on to check the spreadsheet. Thanks so much for all your hard work, really is a great piece of work.

I thought that only the Brits got 'irony' but I agree Rool, couldn't help but smile to myself toooooo..

Lyn Mc

Edited by Lyn Mc

Deck - 7 (Equinox)

Cabin # - 7223 On the Hump

Class – 2A

Starboard or Port Side - Port, On the Hump

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin – Heard Passenger stomping/partying above us. Adjacent Cabin had a cigar smoker on the verandah. Both issues resolved once we notified them that we could hear. Smoker required help from Guest Relations but was addressed/resolved quickly.

Balcony View - On the hump in the middle. Close to Elevators but no noise from elevator alcove. Room had a great view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? normal size

Was wind a problem? No, breeze was just right and quickly dried swimware/wet clothes.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? We heard our neighbor's conversations late at night but after we informed them that we could hear their private conversations, the nights were very quiet for the rest of the trip.

Any other comments? Excellent staff kept our cabin well maintained!

Deck - Sunrise deck 7

Cabin # - 7352

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Only obstruction was if you looked straight down, then top of Silk restaurant on 5. Beautiful view looking out

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? it was a beautiful cabin

Any other comments? so much storage space in the bathroom, shower great, large closet, loads of hangers.