Crocs in the Dining Room?

Don't know what the "rules" are, but I would never wear Crocs into a dining room. To me they are beach/garden shoes, and they would look clunky and heavy with a pair of capris or a skirt. I'd go with a pair of cute sandals instead.

Depending on the cruiseline, it would depend. I have not seen restrictions on footwear on any line that have been on. I wore mine (dark brown, with dark brown socks) with khakis one night, because my heel spurs were screaming. Were they fashionable, heck no, but the neutral color didn't stand out, and I was on a very casual cruiseline (NCL). I would do it again if I had to.

MAC

Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding wearing crocs in the dining room for casual night dinner-maybe with a cute pair of capris or a sundress?

Absolutely, I would, I have, and I will again in two weeks. But....only to the more casual dining evenings. I wear only the ones without holes, I wear them with wooly socks and corduroy slacks and sweaters. They look neat, they are in style as much as anything is these days in casual wear, and in MHO, I think they look really neat, trendy, and great with jeans (though not in dining room) or cords. For those who think they are only for the beach and/or garden.....you are just wrong. If you will go on www.crocs.com, you will see that they are made for everyday wear for work, casual wear, professional workers, etc. Yes, they do have styles that are designed for beach and gardening, etc. But they also have styles for people in the medical field, diabetics, casual wear, boots, rugged terrain wear, etc. I started wearing them when I developed serious foot problems and the podiatrist thought they would be great before we had to try surgery. Since then, I wear them every chance I get, unless, like to the formal meals.........then my poor little feet will be crying til I can return them to Crocs. So for folks that say they are the ugliest shoe they have ever seen and they would not be caught dead in them.......to each his own. Personally, I think they look just as nice on casual evenings, as a pair of sandals. After all......aren't they just a glorified flip flop :D . Happy sailing.......I really do not care what any of you wear on your feet.......just leave me and my Crocs alone and try to understand that many of us wear them, not JUST because we like them........but because our feet don't ache badly with them on. gg

IMHO, the original styles are ugly and only appropriate in the garden, on the beach, for a nurse to wear at work, or for someone who has such a severe foot injury that no other shoe would fit. Even the newer ones look too casual for dinner.

My chances of wearing Crocs in the dining room are the same as wearing snow shoes in the dining room, and I have some of both.

I don't feel either are appropriate, as they are just too casual. Love them both, but no. They belong elsewhere.

My chances of wearing Crocs in the dining room are the same as wearing snow shoes in the dining room, and I have some of both.

I don't feel either are appropriate, as they are just too casual. Love them both, but no. They belong elsewhere.

On cunard maybe too casual, but on the more casual mass market lines, they may fit in a little easier.

MAC

I'll give my opinion since you asked. "NO, NO, NO". Crocs are so ugly. Yes, they are comfy and they are great for the beach and pool BUT they are ugly for the real world. Obviously you care about how you look because you asked the question, so really, just because they are popular, they are not attractive and will make your cute sundress look frumpy. They are fine for kids but don't wear them unless you are going to the garden, beach or pool. Even a pair thin flip flops would be better (not bulky ones)...delicate ones with your sundress or capris.

If you were wearing a long enough dress to cover them completely, okay, but if you can see them, no way. Crocs may be the most comfortable things on the planet, but I'll never know, they're so ugly that I wouldn't take a pair if they were giving them away. JMHO, YMMV.

Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding wearing crocs in the dining room for casual night dinner-maybe with a cute pair of capris or a sundress?

:eek: Absolutely not. No way, no how. If you want a dining ambiance that is"croc-casual", then I don't see why you would be interested in being in the dining room anyway.

NO, NO, NO, WAY. IF you must wear them for medical reasons that's one thing- but if you just love them so much- wear them to the buffets, not the dining room. I have some and wear them around the house and such -but please people- not in the dining rooms!:eek:

My goodness, some strong feelings here!:rolleyes: I wore my Athens (flip flop style) Crocs to the dining room every night on my last cruise, except for formal night. Geesh, it's a Caribbean cruise, not the Queen Mary! Actually, it's the reason why I would never go on Cunard, Holland America or Celebrity again. Too many uptight fashion police! I say live & let live, for heaven's sake. I honestly neither watch or care what other's wear, nor does it ever affect my cruise experiance.

My goodness, some strong feelings here!:rolleyes: I wore my Athens (flip flop style) Crocs to the dining room every night on my last cruise, except for formal night. Geesh, it's a Caribbean cruise, not the Queen Mary! Actually, it's the reason why I would never go on Cunard, Holland America or Celebrity again. Too many uptight fashion police! I say live & let live, for heaven's sake. I honestly neither watch or care what other's wear, nor does it ever affect my cruise experiance.

Oh, I'm sorry - I thought the OP asked for our thoughts on Crocs, not whether or not we thought they would pass through the dress regs. There's a huge difference there.

On cunard maybe too casual, but on the more casual mass market lines, they may fit in a little easier.

MAC

Quite right about Cunard. And if anyone chooses to wear their snow shoes I suggest they take the elevator and stand in the back. Stairs can be a bit of a challenge.

Yes crocs are ugly I will never argue that, but when they are in a neutral color (black, brown etc..) they are not that noticeable, and would most likely blend in with pants, but with a dress or skirt, I think they may look a bit too clunky.

I think that people really notice the brightly colored ones, and am willing to bet that most never noticed my brown ones with my khaki pants.

MAC

Archived