Hotel Milano

Getting out there

Our reservation with Hotel Milano for Nov. 23-25 was cancelled just this week. Not sure when they plan to reopen, but I would guess in Feb. you might be luckier than those of us who are traveling next month. We have another hotel booked, but I still think it is a gamble if they will be open or not. They have the rest of Oct. dates blocked out on the booking sites, with dates opening up Nov. 1. I see where several hotels have moved their opening dates to Dec. 1. With 2 more months after that till your cruise I would say you chances are good for Hotel Milano to be open.

Saw on updated hotels that Hotel Milano is closed. I have a reservation in Feb. I called, but there's no answer. Does anyone else have reservations?

There is no update on their web site regarding being closed or when they will open. The only indication is that if you try to book a room on their own web site the earliest you can book is June 1. Everything before that date is blacked out.

I have a room booked there in March. If you are able to reach them by phone or hear any information about being open or closed in February please post it here.

Emailed Hotel Milano last night and received reply this morning. I have a reservation for December 2 and was checking on status of hotel. The reply was "Sorry we have no electricity and don't know when we can open again".

I sent another email stating that I would need to cancel my reservation and attempt to find another hotel that is open. Since my reservation was paid in full, I'm anxious to see what they say.

Emailed Hotel Milano last night and received reply this morning. I have a reservation for December 2 and was checking on status of hotel. The reply was "Sorry we have no electricity and don't know when we can open again".

I sent another email stating that I would need to cancel my reservation and attempt to find another hotel that is open. Since my reservation was paid in full, I'm anxious to see what they say.

My reservation is also paid in full and it has a 10% cancellation fee. Please post when you hear back on cancellation.

We had 8 couples booked at Hotel Milano and only half of us got a cancellation notice. It was a non-refundable booking through booking.com and was charged on my Visa directly with Hotel Milano. I emailed the hotel asking about the return of our money and have not heard anything back. The cancellation notice said there would be $0 for the cancellation, so I am assuming full reimbursement. I also called Nationwide Ins. to inquire about the process since we have never had to file a claim before. Nationwide said the hotel should refund us and we had up to a year to file a claim if they don’t. I will be very surprised if reimbursement is done quickly or if ever.:(

I had a similar situation with El Convento. I booked my daughter's room though hotwire (I had booked my own direct before I knew it was available through Hotwire). They called to confirm my reservation Monday night and when I asked about the second reservation I was told it had been cancelled as they chose to cancel all third party reservations and only honor those direct. They claimed they notified Expedia (aka Hotwire) by email???? Hotwire had no notification and called the hotel on my behalf. The hotel did offer to move us into a suite for the same amount of the two rooms. Not an ideal situation(one bed and a pull-out and rollaway and only one bathroom) but I took it. Oh, and this reservation is for next week.:(

Because the hotel cancelled the booking Hotwire has issued a refund. I would expect the same for you as you are not requesting the cancellation, the hotel can not/will not accommodate you.

What really annoyed me was that they confirmed both reservations 2 1/2 weeks ago. If they even knew last week I should have been told. Especially since they were willing to book my sister a room just last week.

I also have a reservation booked at Hotel Milano for Dec 2nd. I emailed and got no response and have tried to call, but it just rings off the hook. I need to cancel it (and hopefully get my money back) because I was on the Carnival Fascination that got cancelled.

I will be anxiously waiting and checking here for any updates!

Was in Puerto Rico last week, Hotel Milano is boarded up but looked to be without damage. I am sure they will reopen very soon after power is restored, whenever that may be. There are no working phone lines that I know of in Old San Juan either. Best to email them but I would just watch to see that OSJ has power and once it does, call.

After multiple attempts at sending emails and those going unanswered, I started the "dispute" process with American Express in an effort to be refunded my paid in full reservation at Hotel Milano. American Express explained that since the hotel is unable to provide the service that was purchased, nor give a date for re-opening, they feel this is a valid reason for reimbursement. I had booked my reservation directly with the hotel for stay December 2nd. My flight has been changed to fly in on the day of the cruise, versus one day earlier.

Bollycats, I booked the hotel August 3. It was the "dispute/fraud" department. I was also wondering about the 60 day timeframe. American Express starts the process on the phone, but sends out a packet to be filled out within 7-10 days. In the meantime, they were giving me a provisional credit for the amount on my credit card. I will be surprised if I ever see that money again. I'll consider it part of my monetary donation to San Juan

I sent another email today to cancel and this was their reply

Sorry under our circunstances we can not make any refunds we are just giving room nights credit, keep this mail to claim it next time you come here thanks, juan

Juan San Emeterio / Hotel Milano

I guess I'll be calling Amex again!

• 1 month later...
I just checked the Hotel Milano website and they are accepting reservations. Good to know they have re-opened.

I posted this in another hotel thread:

We had booked Hotel Milano for Nov. 23 & 24 and they cancelled us. We had paid in full and never received our money back after several unanswered telephone calls and emails. We stayed at the hostel two doors down from Hotel Milano, so we went in to inquire about getting our money back. Yes, they said they have electricity...but they only have 2 rooms available and they have had problems with those rooms. We were told to come back in the morning when the manager was there to ask about our refund. The next morning we went in and got the run around again. Were told to email the manager.clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

Once onboard the ship our friends ran into a couple who actually occupied one of the two rooms, There were problems in the room and it was not clean. They wished they had never stayed. I’d be careful in believing that they are fully functional. I think it will he a battle to get our money back.

I posted this in another hotel thread:

We had booked Hotel Milano for Nov. 23 & 24 and they cancelled us. We had paid in full and never received our money back after several unanswered telephone calls and emails. We stayed at the hostel two doors down from Hotel Milano, so we went in to inquire about getting our money back. Yes, they said they have electricity...but they only have 2 rooms available and they have had problems with those rooms. We were told to come back in the morning when the manager was there to ask about our refund. The next morning we went in and got the run around again. Were told to email the manager.:confused:

Once onboard the ship our friends ran into a couple who actually occupied one of the two rooms, There were problems in the room and it was not clean. They wished they had never stayed. I’d be careful in believing that they are fully functional. I think it will he a battle to get our money back.

Sorry to read about your refund issue, Hopefully that gets worked out.

I'm book at Hotel Milano in April. Hopefully these issues are straightened out by then. I was wondering if I should just book at another hotel because there was no word if they would re-open. I will keep the reservation for now and see what others say as it gets closer to April. I am looking forward to sailing the Southern Caribbean itinerary, especially now since it is our first snow of the season.

I had a cruise for Dec.3 but cancelled and rebooked for May 2018. I booked Hotel Milano thru expedia which i will never do again but finally got everything worked out they moved my reservation to may 2018 with no charge since i did not want a refund.

• 2 weeks later...