How early to book Maya Chan?

calmpets

I will be traveling with a party of 13 total in March of 2019, and am interested in going to Maya Chan. I am reasonably certain the majority, if not all, of my party will want to go there, but I'm not sure enough to prepay everyone a year in advance. How far out should I expect to book to ensure we are able to get in?

We were there 2 weeks ago and booked about a month in advance. There were 3 ships in port, but it was not crowded at Maya Chan. There were 2 of us and maybe 20 total at the resort. We left at 3:00 and were the last ones there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there 2 weeks ago and booked about a month in advance. There were 3 ships in port, but it was not crowded at Maya Chan. There were 2 of us and maybe 20 total at the resort. We left at 3:00 and were the last ones there.

I guess it varies depending on the time of year. Some of my family tried a couple of weeks ago to book a party of 4 for this March, and they were told it was sold out. Thanks for the feedback though.

I guess it varies depending on the time of year. Some of my family tried a couple of weeks ago to book a party of 4 for this March, and they were told it was sold out. Thanks for the feedback though.

Maybe we got lucky. We only booked the cruise 5 weeks out and booked Maya Chan a week later.

There were 3 ships with 6,000+ in port that day, but Maya Chan was only at about 25% capacity. I would book as soon as you have the date, especially with a larger group, just to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i just did the reservation on line about 3 months out from our trip. It let me choose the date and said we would receive an email, nothing was required as far as payment - does this mean we are not really reserved and could be told not available?

i just did the reservation on line about 3 months out from our trip. It let me choose the date and said we would receive an email, nothing was required as far as payment - does this mean we are not really reserved and could be told not available?

We booked for two upcoming cruises. We sent the original request through the website then received an email confirming availability and some information about the beach club, and then finally an invoice once we reconfirmed our interest. If you did not receive an email or an invoice then you are most likely not booked. I know there have been some issues with emails, but I did not experience any.

Excellent day...we booked in October for January and I know it sold out before the date. We then had one of the other ships not port that day, so about half the reservations were cancelled, which was lovely. Totally recommend, and if you don't get an email in a day or two, make sure you email them, otherwise not reserved!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe they try to answer all requests within 24 hours, so If you did not hear anything after 24 hours, try again. I had emails issues in that I was not getting their responses. Everything worked out in the end and we are booked in May. Super excited!

You only make the deposit in advance. The group I am sailing with next month made our reservations 10 months out. We will receive a final invoice approximately 30 days prior to our visit.

That's great to know, thanks! Their website says payment in full is due prior to arrival, so I assumed they required the whole thing at the time of booking.

I believe their deposit is $10-20 per person, balance due 45-30 days prior to arrival. We've have been there now 5 times since 2013 and just returned from there last Friday. This is MY go-to place, as long a GF books western, it must go to Costa Maya - Maya Chan anything/place else she wants, she can have ;)

Add note: With SO MANY cruises going to western and many ships stopping in Costa Maya, I'd booked Maya Chan sooner than later. First time reading so many sold-out stories. Once you've been there, you'll know why.

I plan to book in August 2018 for a visit in March 2019. Hopefully that will be far enough out to ensure space.

I plan to book in August 2018 for a visit in March 2019. Hopefully that will be far enough out to ensure space.

So I did some more research, and there are four ships slated to be in Costa Maya on the same day as me; Allure of the Seas, NCL Breakaway, Rotterdam, and I'll be on the NCL Pearl. That being the case, and since we only need to make the deposit at time of booking, we went ahead and booked it now for March 2019. Can't wait to check it out!

So I did some more research, and there are four ships slated to be in Costa Maya on the same day as me; Allure of the Seas, NCL Breakaway, Rotterdam, and I'll be on the NCL Pearl. That being the case, and since we only need to make the deposit at time of booking, we went ahead and booked it now for March 2019. Can't wait to check it out!

I think an email to Maya Chan would answer your question as to whether it is possible for 4 ships to dock, or whether one will need to tender. I am sure they will know from experience because it would add to your transportation time coming and going.

I think an email to Maya Chan would answer your question as to whether it is possible for 4 ships to dock, or whether one will need to tender. I am sure they will know from experience because it would add to your transportation time coming and going.

Good idea, I will definitely do that!

• 3 weeks later...