Fun Book Problems

Stan J

I just got off the Carnival Pride on 11/5/17. While on board, my daughter's boyfriend, purchased a "Fun Book". Neither during the ship's staff presentation on the book and of the shopping opportunities at the ports we would visit, or when the book was actually purchased was any mention made of the fact that the coupons that would entitle the book's purchaser to thousands of dollars of free things and discounts in ports all over the Caribbean were going to expire at the end of November 2017. This meant that you had exactly 25 days to take advantage of any or all of these offers.

I am exceeding disappointed that Carnival continued to sell these books to passengers under these circumstances. I think this is at a minimum unethical behavior and urge anyone on a Carnival cruise to pay very careful attention to the terms and conditions of what Carnival is pushing.

I just got off the Carnival Pride on 11/5/17. While on board, my daughter's boyfriend, purchased a "Fun Book". Neither during the ship's staff presentation on the book and of the shopping opportunities at the ports we would visit, or when the book was actually purchased was any mention made of the fact that the coupons that would entitle the book's purchaser to thousands of dollars of free things and discounts in ports all over the Caribbean were going to expire at the end of November 2017. This meant that you had exactly 25 days to take advantage of any or all of these offers.

I am exceeding disappointed that Carnival continued to sell these books to passengers under these circumstances. I think this is at a minimum unethical behavior and urge anyone on a Carnival cruise to pay very careful attention to the terms and conditions of what Carnival is pushing.

Just out of curiosity, how long did you think they would be valid for? I just assumed that most people that purchased them used them at the ports of the cruise they were purchased on.

Sorry this happened to you. We all live and learn. Experienced cruisers know these presentations are sales pitches in disguise and avoid them. The only thing I ever shop for in and around the Caribbean is vanilla extract in Mexico and maybe a few souvenir gifts. You're better off buying jewelry at home where you have recourse if something goes wrong.

since when do you buy these???? I always recall getting a booklet in my cabin for onboard stuff as well as flyers highlighting the "Carnival recommended" shops that sometimes had deals shown for each port day. Also I agree with Angiegal.....What use is the book to you once your cruise is over????? Most anything (even store coupons stateside) has expiration dates on them

since when do you buy these???? I always recall getting a booklet in my cabin for onboard stuff as well as flyers highlighting the "Carnival recommended" shops that sometimes had deals shown for each port day. Also I agree with Angiegal.....What use is the book to you once your cruise is over????? Most anything (even store coupons stateside) has expiration dates on them

This isn't a flyer. This is a big book of coupons. I want to say they charge $50 for it....but you get thousands of dollars worth of "free stuff." It seemed like a scam to me so I never bought one...The people on here who have never seem to be happy with their purchase though.

s_599b1352713fde085e10f2f3.jpg