Voyage of the Vikings 2014

Happybeb

Does anyone have any information on the Voyage of the Vikings cruise for July 2014? Perhaps it is too soon for this ,but wanted to know which ship is doing the cruise and perhaps the itinerary. :confused:

Veendam will be doing it next year. NOT Maasdam. :)

Don't know about 2014 but I suspect they will have Veendam do it again. A pool is not really necessary for VOV and Maasdam's pool does get used many weeks on Canada/New England itinerary.

The 2013 itinerary for VoV didn't open up until sometime in Feb, 2012 (and I checked 2 or 3 times a week for it starting in Oct 2011:D). I suspect that for 2014 will be similar and not open until early next year.

This cruise is on my bucket list...Is it still RT Boston ??

Pat

Yes, it embarks and disembarks in Boston if you do the whole cruise.

They do sell a few cabins for two segments but not very many. Almost the whole ship does the whole cruise.

Finally . . . DH is interested in this cruise for 2014 so we're also looking forward to the posting of this cruise. I'm already looking at the cabins and thinking about what is best for us . . . it's so hard to not have a booked cruise to be looking forward to . . .

Finally . . . DH is interested in this cruise for 2014 so we're also looking forward to the posting of this cruise. I'm already looking at the cabins and thinking about what is best for us . . . it's so hard to not have a booked cruise to be looking forward to . . .

You sound like me last year. As I mentioned in a previous post, I started checking for the 2013 VoV in Oct, 2011. About January 2012, I started checking every day. Finally, in Feb, they posted the itinerary and I immediately booked it. I also closely followed the thread for this year's trip, looking for ideas for independent shore excursions and other ideas on what to do in each port. Unfortunately, our thread for next year's trip isn't very active....yet.:p

We enjoyed this cruise so muchthat we repeated it the following year and would enjoy it yet a third time except that next year it is scheduled much later inthe year (july 13 I believe) which is not a convenient time for us to travel. The former two were both in April RT Boston to Boston.

• 6 months later...
We enjoyed this cruise so muchthat we repeated it the following year and would enjoy it yet a third time except that next year it is scheduled much later inthe year (july 13 I believe) which is not a convenient time for us to travel. The former two were both in April RT Boston to Boston.

Voyage of the Vikings Boston to Amsterdam or Rotterdam to Boston, has gone 35 days July into August for years. If it ever went in April, Boston to Boston RT, it was a great many years ago.

• 1 month later...

Archived