I am torn between Westerdam Vancouver to Tokyo or Koningsdam Rome to Miami

goodluckman66

This may sound silly but I have to decide in the next 12 hour which one. We fly from Thailand and either port is a long hike. The $800 of onboard credit is very enticing but at the end of September will it be unbearably cold? Especially since we live in the tropics.

My other choice is Rome to Fort Lauterdale October 28th. No on board credits, love Rome and always wanted to sail on the Koningsdam it looks magnificent! It will also give me extra time to get ready! It's already Aug 31 here!

Have a balcony on both wondering if an ocean view makes more sense with the weather? I have never done a 14 day cruise and my interests is enjoying the ship than vs running around at the ports and being herded like cattle getting on and off the ship!

That is what it was like on RCL with 5,000 Chines guest need I say more?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated since i am new to this cruising community. Thanks

We did Rome to Fort Lauderdale on the Koningsdam last October. We absolutely loved it.

Interestingly, we had to cancel the Westerdam Vancouver to Tokyo this year. I wouldn’t say it would be “unbearably cold” but it will definitely be a lot cooler than the Trans-Atlantic.

To me, a balcony is always a good investment.

Was on the Westerdam in April and there is no comparison between the ships. For me, Koningsdam wins hands down.

Thank you so much.

I have been wanting to go on the Koningsdam for 2 years now and always something comes up. The flight back from Miami is a little hard 26 hours. But I think you are right the balcony is the way to go!

When we fly Miami back to Oz, we stop for a night or 2 in Hawaii to break up the trip.

I am currently on the Caribbean Princess disembarking tomorrow after a HOT Caribbean cruise.

I am booked on the Westerdam cruise Vancouver to Tokyo and being a South Floridian expect to freeze my *** Just checked the weather and looks as if we will deal with 40's and 50's. Brrrrrrrrr. I will survive! :D

I'd go with the Koingsdam for more onboard variety available during the long at-sea day stretches. Did we also say Tamarind on the Konigsdam too?

We cancelled a similar Westerdam Alaksa-Japan Trans Pac recently when we saw what they did to the Crows Nest and the reminder they have none of the formal library spaces like on the older ships. Not clear what the status of a "library" is on the Konigsdam, so it could not be much worse than the Westedam.