Azura or Britannia for a trip to the Fjords?

gillyg

I’ve sailed on both a number of times. For the Fjords I’d also go with Britannia.

In my opinion, Britannia has a more classy feel, you can always find a seat in the buffet, nice dining rooms, and a great shower with proper shower door. The balconies are very small but for a Norway cruise that would be ok, as I wouldn’t be spending that much time sitting outside as it won’t be Med weather.

Azura has slightly bigger cabins, much bigger balconies (especially on C deck), but a small shower with curtain, smaller buffet seating area and is looking a bit more “tired” now. I did say this is just my opinion.

Have a great cruise whichever ship you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i would go on Azura over

Britannia

every time did not enjoy my

Britannia

cruise issues with the quality of the ship and the missing middle staircase amongst other things it i'm of on azura again next week end and accept that she's getting old now so won't be perfect Britannia was at the start of her 2nd year....

any thoughts on which is better? largest ship we have been on is Celebrity Eclipse and we loved it, not sure if Britannia will be too big for us though?

I would definitely go on Azura because the balconies are bigger and with the fjords you spend a lot of time on the balcony. Both ships are big although Britannia is bigger the public areas are taken up with a lot of pay for venues like the Limelight club and the spa on Britannia is on deck 5 and huge!

Britannia's theatre is too small for the capacity of guests compared with Azura.

I love Britannia and sailing on her in two weeks but for the fjords I'd go for Azura every time.

I've been on Azura's sister ship, Ventura and Britannia. I preferred Ventura. Britannia is a bit bland. It's aitrium is like a bog-standard shopping centre and the beige theme just sweeps out from there. Plus Britannia does not have a promenade, and one of my little pleasures on-board ship is taking a stroll around the promedade. It has something it calls a promenade, but it's more a walking track at the top of the ship.

HOWEVER! Having a balcony to enjoy the fjords is a big plus. The difference in price between interior and balcony on Briatannia is a lot smaller than on other ships (as all exterior cabins have balconies). That's why we happily took our second Norway cruise on Britannia, for the early morning sail in, slip out of bed, put on a cuppa and sit on the balcony drinking in the views.

any thoughts on which is better? largest ship we have been on is Celebrity Eclipse and we loved it, not sure if Britannia will be too big for us though?

Difficult one that. Britannia is the nicer ship with a lot more facilities, better Select dining and more modern cabins. It also has a Crows Nest which is ideal for scenic cruises. However, Britannia tends to do less visits to the long scenic Fjords (Flaam, Olden & Geiranger) and even if they are scheduled to do so they can often be cancelled a few months out, as happened to us (Flaam and Olden both cancelled) and 5 other Britannia Cruises within a 12 month period. We like Britannia but wouldn’t pick her for a Fjords Cruise again.

Just saw a video of the inside of Britannia on another thread and thought she looked very metallic and glitzy. Not very appealing to me at all.

When you're on her, she's very beige and brown, apart from the atrium which is like a bland white shopping centre. (With a metallic sculpture dropping from the roof)

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Azura in April for the fjords. We have previously done the Fjords on Arcadia and Oriana and have been on Britannia twice Im afraid I'm not much help because I have liked all of the ships for their different quirks. Britannia felt very modern and sleek I really liked the glass house as I could be nosey when having aPpre dinner cocktails and I loved the cookery school. Which ever you choose the fjords are amazing. If you go to Geirengerfjord the little chocolate shop there does the best Hot Chocolate although their Blue Cheese chocolate was definitely in the interesting pile. x

Though I rate the buffet (and grab n go on Britannia) as the best I’ve experienced on P&O and the adult pool is lovely ( though possibly not that beneficial on a fjords Cruise) I would go with Azura and try and grab a C deck balcony.

However given a straight choice, Eclipse all the way for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

We have done the Celebrity Silhouette 3 times and Britannia twice. Both ships are a similar size in terms of length though more passengers on Britannia. All depends what time of the year I suppose as we imagine it may be quieter out of school holidays.

We've never felt crowded in Britannia in high season (August and May Half term) and would be happy on either. If the itineraries were the same and price lower on P&O I would not hesitate to go on Britannia.

We have also done Ventura but did not 'feel the love' on her ........ having said that we are booked on Azura in April 2019 for the Fjords. To be honest, if it had been a choice between Britannia and Azura we would have gone for Britannia in a heart beat.

PS We have an aft cabin on Britannia - bigger balcony but some soot but still love it and not mega expensive.

Hi

We have done the Celebrity Silhouette 3 times and Britannia twice. Both ships are a similar size in terms of length though more passengers on Britannia. All depends what time of the year I suppose as we imagine it may be quieter out of school holidays.

We've never felt crowded in Britannia in high season (August and May Half term) and would be happy on either. If the itineraries were the same and price lower on P&O I would not hesitate to go on Britannia.

We have also done Ventura but did not 'feel the love' on her ........ having said that we are booked on Azura in April 2019 for the Fjords. To be honest, if it had been a choice between Britannia and Azura we would have gone for Britannia in a heart beat.

PS We have an aft cabin on Britannia - bigger balcony but some soot but still love it and not mega expensive.

Gosh, that has left me no wiser. Somewhat fencesitting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk