What to do in Fort Lauderdale for last day of cruise as late flight from Miami

beckyboo1986

Hi all,

We have a cruise finishing in Fort Lauderdale in March 2019 and our flight home to the UK isn't until the evening (20:30).

We'll be spending a few days in Miami prior to the cruise so we were thinking of doing something in Fort Lauderdale. Any good recommendations on what to do?

We were thinking of paying for the luggage to be sent directly to the airport as this might make things easier.

Sorry it's all a bit vague but we're not quite sure what to do with our free time.

Thanks,

Becky.

I think the Water Taxi, and maybe hopping off at a couple of spots like Hollywood Broadwalk and Las Olas is going to be a great option for you. If you are looking for that "thing" to do in Fort Lauderdale when you have one day, then that's pretty much it.

Hi, I am a concierge in Fort Lauderdale who is getting my master's degree in hospitality management. I joined this forum for a class project and plan on helping out as many people as possible with my expertise. I have worked locally for over 20 years so feel free to ask me anything from restaurant advice to tours to transportation!

Well, IMO in March the Everglades is lovely and since you are coming all the way from UK, you should see this UNESCO World Heritage site. It would be a great way to spend the day! Consider a company that provides transportation and pick up from the Port. They should be able to store your luggage (if you aren't bringing too many suitcases!)

Perhaps I misread this but are you departing from MIA or FLL? If it’s MIA then you need to allow extra transfer time to get down to MIA. There are numerous resort hotels in Fort Lauderdale that offer day passes and the water taxi could also be a great ‘hop on - hop off’ service that would enable you to see two r three different areas,

Hi, I am a concierge in Fort Lauderdale who is getting my master's degree in hospitality management. I joined this forum for a class project and plan on helping out as many people as possible with my expertise. I have worked locally for over 20 years so feel free to ask me anything from restaurant advice to tours to transportation!

Well, IMO in March the Everglades is lovely and since you are coming all the way from UK, you should see this UNESCO World Heritage site. It would be a great way to spend the day! Consider a company that provides transportation and pick up from the Port. They should be able to store your luggage (if you aren't bringing too many suitcases!)

We are docking in Miami late October, but flying out of FLL. Do you have any names of tours/companies that offer Airboat ride tours, picking up at POM and dropping off at Fll airport?

Any recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We are docking in Miami late October, but flying out of FLL. Do you have any names of tours/companies that offer Airboat ride tours, picking up at POM and dropping off at Fll airport?

Any recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For an excursion like that, with POM pickup and FLL drop off you are probably better off booking through the cruise line.

• 3 weeks later...