Anyone cruising on the Magic on 10/19?

KPfromCT

You should go. Today is 21 days since the lady had potential contact with the Ebola patient. She has no symptoms so she didn't catch it. I'm sure carnival will do a thorough decontamination of the ship as well. Like they do after an outbreak of norovirus. Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We are on the cruise today! Will be leaving shortly for Galveston and then, hopefully, a week of R&R. I'll post after we get aboard to discuss the timing and how much, if any, of a circus this is made into. It's certainly been a circus on these boards.

Yes, it certainly has.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!:D:D:D

Does anyone know if Carnival is offering refunds to passengers who don't want to board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a real gray area isn't it? It's likely the blood was negative or she wouldn't have been allowed off the ship in street clothes, thus no Ebola. Then, Carnival might recognize some people's fear.

Why should people get a refund from Carnival if they decide to not go? The lab technician was totally cleared and has been 21 days. I would be there going if I was scheduled on the ship today. The media has turned this into a circus frenzy like with most things. Remember SARS, same thing happened!!

We are on the cruise today! Will be leaving shortly for Galveston and then, hopefully, a week of R&R. I'll post after we get aboard to discuss the timing and how much, if any, of a circus this is made into. It's certainly been a circus on these boards.

Maybe they will try to reduce any passengers' anxiety with some free drinks!

:)

How about free Bloody Mary's at embarkation? :D

:p:D

Why should people get a refund from Carnival if they decide to not go? The lab technician was totally cleared and has been 21 days. I would be there going if I was scheduled on the ship today. The media has turned this into a circus frenzy like with most things. Remember SARS, same thing happened!!

Every time I read these threads the amount of time increases....Eric Duncan died on October 8th...look it up! How do you get 21 days out of that???

I'm not on this sailing, but I will be on her next week with no fears. I wouldn't even mind being in the same cabin she was in. I wish I was on the one that just got back. You get to go on an awesome cruise, get $200 credit, AND 50% on your next cruise? Just because they missed Cozumel which I have been to many times.....sign me up

I would have no problem leaving on her today! Instead I have to wait till Jan...:(

Actually, I wish I could have been on this cruise - $200 OBC AND 50% off my next cruise! I would be booking my next one as soon as I walked off the boat (if not onboard!)!!! :D:D:D