Fresh Squeezed Juices - Refreshment Drink Package

Agarritson

Hi there,

this is my first time cruising with Royal Caribbean, we'll be on Harmony of the Seas.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Refreshment drink package. Does anyone know what kinds of "fresh juices" are included? I don't care for OJ, tomato or cranberry juice, but if the fresh juices include something like passionfruit or mango juices then I would be tempted to get that package. If I am reading things correctly, that package also includes lattes and other espresso drinks, correct? I don't drink soda or milk (and rarely alcohol), so really I'd only be drinking the juices (depending), and the espresso drinks.

If the only available juices are going to be ones that I don't drink, then I'll probably just get the cafe card that's good for 15 espresso drinks.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Agarritson
edit: a word

Thanks All! I was kind of thinking that might end up being the case. My husband just commented that if I drink ~5 drinks in a day ( a couple of lattes and maybe a mimosa or two), that the Deluxe all inclusive drink package might be worth it since it's currently buy one-get one 50% off (It would end up being ~$700 for both of us to get the delux package).

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time deciding on the darn drink package, haha.

And for what it's worth, where I'm from we do have fresh mango juice...you don't squeeze it per se, but you just toss the fresh mango in a blender. ;) Where I used to live in Brazil there was a juice bar around the corner and I'd get fresh mango, cashew or passionfruit juice every morning.

Thanks All! I was kind of thinking that might end up being the case. My husband just commented that if I drink ~5 drinks in a day ( a couple of lattes and maybe a mimosa or two), that the Deluxe all inclusive drink package might be worth it since it's currently buy one-get one 50% off (It would end up being ~$700 for both of us to get the delux package).

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time deciding on the darn drink package, haha.

And for what it's worth, where I'm from we do have fresh mango juice...you don't squeeze it per se, but you just toss the fresh mango in a blender. ;) Where I used to live in Brazil there was a juice bar around the corner and I'd get fresh mango, cashew or passionfruit juice every morning.

Wouldn't that be a smoothie?

No..: it is different. I live in Panama and we have fresh made juices of pretty much all fruits you can imagine. And besides that, we have smoothies... it’s totally different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:confused: Maybe it's a translation thing? To me a smoothie is like fruits and veggies blended up with milk or something (called batida in Brazil), whereas juice (suco) would be just the fruit (orange, mango, whatever fruit your heart desires) blended up or squeezed and then poured through a sieve to strain out most of the pulp. That's how they do it back home anyway. When I go to local Brazilian places around me, that seems to be how they do it as well, but perhaps it's just different than what others think of when they think juice.

OJ is the only thing they "squeeze" freshly. All other juices are canned, bottled or somehow, pre-made. Take apple juice...I've never seen anyone squeeze an apple!!! Pretty sure even the grapefruit juice is not "fresh squeezed" even tho it's possible to do so!

OJ is the only thing they "squeeze" freshly. All other juices are canned, bottled or somehow, pre-made. Take apple juice...I've never seen anyone squeeze an apple!!! Pretty sure even the grapefruit juice is not "fresh squeezed" even tho it's possible to do so!

You've never heard of cider?

Well, if you haven't ever squeezed a basket of apples in an apple press, you don't know a true pleasure of fall in Kentucky.......best apple cider.

• Like 1

Pretty sure even the grapefruit juice is not "fresh squeezed" even tho it's possible to do so!

You can, but it is VERY sour. Pretty much all the grapefruit juice you have been served has LOTS of sugar added.

When we cruised on the Allure the refreshment package included freshly prepared smoothies and juice mixes at the Vitality Cafe. There was an additional charge to add a protein supplement,

Oh this sounds awesome! Hopefully Harmony will have something similar. :)

Oh this sounds awesome! Hopefully Harmony will have something similar. :)

They do however there are not that many choices. They have maybe 6-8 choices but any that are used by the bars (mango for one) is not fresh squeezed/puréed but is a pre mix out of a carton. There may only be 3-4 that actually use fresh fruit.