Pictures of Michael's on the Summit

fridaythe13th

I promised to post these.

i-9PKN8Vr-XL.jpg

I don't know who has been picking the colours, carpets, etc. for the Solsticizations, but I have been so disappointed.

Michael's used to be such a beautiful room on all the M-class ships, and this is just awful, really. When you have the resources, and can design your own carpets, why would you end up with something as unpleasant as this; the pattern has harmony with the existing decor, and is out of scale with the room and inappropriate with the furnishings.

I have seen so many other design misses on the Solsticizations, e.g the cabins with those awful red graphic photos with the heavy black frames (so Kmart)...so jarring with the beige, taupe and cinnabar colour scheme.

Such a missed opportunity. Too bad, really.

i-9PKN8Vr-XL.jpg

I don't know who has been picking the colours, carpets, etc. for the Solsticizations, but I have been so disappointed.

Michael's used to be such a beautiful room on all the M-class ships, and this is just awful, really. When you have the resources, and can design your own carpets, why would you end up with something as unpleasant as this; the pattern has no harmony with the existing decor, and is out of scale with the room and inappropriate with the furnishings.

I have seen so many other design misses on the Solsticizations, e.g the cabins with those awful red graphic photos with the heavy black frames (so Kmart)...so jarring with the beige, taupe and cinnabar colour scheme.

Such a missed opportunity. Too bad, really.

I meant to say the carpet pattern has NO harmony with the existing decor. Sorry :)

Everyone is focusing on the carpet and stuff.....I was focusing on the photo showing they have San Francisco Anchor Steam Beer!!!

Oh, there is a god! What a great beer!

I was focusing on the Rogue myself ;-)

• 9 months later...

Hi folks,

The thread linked above was a review I wrote which includes a good bit on Michael's. I spent quite a bit of time there. Sip Around the World was fun and your premium alcohol package will help you out with most of their offerings. Best part with premium package is if the beer costs more than $12 you only pay difference whereas with a classic package you pay full cost of the beer.

As for tv's I found they were mostly on ESPN. They changed the channel to other sports if requested and even turned on volume too. On Silhouette both Andrei and Ramona were very accommodating and I would expect the same is true on other ships.

Archived