Just off the Getaway 7/1-7/8. Any questions?

Finnrox

Had an amazing cruise last week on the Getaway, and would be more than happy to answer any questions.

few questions,

did you go to the ice bar? if so how was it?

how busy were the pool area?

did the ship feel crowded?

what type of room were you in? and how did you like it?

Going on the Getaway next month! Where was your cabin? Which restaurants did you choose? Where did you go in each port?

We were originally booked in a spa balcony, but won an upgrade to the Haven, which was amazing. We had the SDP, and went to Ocean Blue (fantastic food, and lobster is back on the menu), Cagney's (solid steaks, good sides, nice atmosphere), and Moderno (overall good, but some of the meats were a little salty).

We took this trip largely to snorkel and scuba dive, and that is largely what we did. We booked an amazing snorkeling tour through Roatan Ocean Adventures that was one of the best snorkel experiences I have ever had. In Belize, we went out on the NCL snorkel excursion, which would be great if you are a novice snorkeler, but when compared to Roatan, it was somewhat lacking. In Costa Maya we decided to do the Lost Mayan Adventure Park, which was a blast. Lots of zip lines, little to no wait (even with 3 ships in port), great theming throughout and fun waterslides. We would have spent more time there if a raging thunderstorm had not come through, but we went back to the shopping area around the port, which was actually very nice. There was a good sized pool there, and we found a little restaurant called Mero Mero that had very good ceviche at reasonable prices. Finally, in Cozumel we did a "resort" scuba dive course (intro to scuba with two tank dives going down around 40 feet) that was fantastic as well.

few questions,

did you go to the ice bar? if so how was it?

how busy were the pool area?

did the ship feel crowded?

what type of room were you in? and how did you like it?

Did not go to the ice bar, but it did not seem that there was much of a wait to get in when we would walk past. Overall, I did not think that the ship felt crowded at all, and at multiple points, my wife and I commented that it did not seem that there were 4000+ people on board. O'Sheehan's was crowded for one of the World Cup games, and the Atrium could get a little crowded at night, but beyond that, the ship did not feel packed at all. The one exception to that was the pool area during sea days. I don't think that the pool is large enough, and there did seem to be some chair hogging going on. The ropes course was fun, but was only open for small periods of time, which was kind of odd.

We got upgraded to the Haven and absolutely loved it. The only real drawback we had to the cruise was that our 12 year old son was not thrilled with the kids club, and he felt that that it definitely was more suited for younger kids. He is in that tweener stage, however, so that may have played a role in that as well!

Did not go to the ice bar, but it did not seem that there was much of a wait to get in when we would walk past. Overall, I did not think that the ship felt crowded at all, and at multiple points, my wife and I commented that it did not seem that there were 4000+ people on board. O'Sheehan's was crowded for one of the World Cup games, and the Atrium could get a little crowded at night, but beyond that, the ship did not feel packed at all. The one exception to that was the pool area during sea days. I don't think that the pool is large enough, and there did seem to be some chair hogging going on. The ropes course was fun, but was only open for small periods of time, which was kind of odd.

We got upgraded to the Haven and absolutely loved it. The only real drawback we had to the cruise was that our 12 year old son was not thrilled with the kids club, and he felt that that it definitely was more suited for younger kids. He is in that tweener stage, however, so that may have played a role in that as well!

Awesome! We will be in the haven on the getaway in april.

Was the haven pool busy or the regular pool?

How did you like the haven?

Awesome! We will be in the haven on the getaway in april.

Was the haven pool busy or the regular pool?

How did you like the haven?

The Haven pool area was never crowded, and if you were looking to simply sun, then there were always chairs and chaise lounges available. The pool is quite small, more for simply cooling off. The regular pool was somewhat small and very crowded.

We thought the Haven was fantastic. The bartenders, Miro and Ross, were true mixologists and created amazing drinks that weren't even on the regular menu. The restaurant service was top notch, and the only complaint that we had (and it was a small one), was the fact that they had the same menu all week and did not have anything like daily specials to mix things up a bit. The food itself, however, was comparable to the SDP restaurants in our opinion, as far as quality is concerned. Fresh fruit is brought to your room daily, along with daily treats in the afternoon. We enjoyed the Haven so much that we are probably going to change our plans in 2019 to go on the Haven again, instead of the Encore, simply because of the experience.

We were originally booked in a spa balcony, but won an upgrade to the Haven, which was amazing. We had the SDP, and went to Ocean Blue (fantastic food, and lobster is back on the menu), Cagney's (solid steaks, good sides, nice atmosphere), and Moderno (overall good, but some of the meats were a little salty).

We took this trip largely to snorkel and scuba dive, and that is largely what we did. We booked an amazing snorkeling tour through Roatan Ocean Adventures that was one of the best snorkel experiences I have ever had. In Belize, we went out on the NCL snorkel excursion, which would be great if you are a novice snorkeler, but when compared to Roatan, it was somewhat lacking. In Costa Maya we decided to do the Lost Mayan Adventure Park, which was a blast. Lots of zip lines, little to no wait (even with 3 ships in port), great theming throughout and fun waterslides. We would have spent more time there if a raging thunderstorm had not come through, but we went back to the shopping area around the port, which was actually very nice. There was a good sized pool there, and we found a little restaurant called Mero Mero that had very good ceviche at reasonable prices. Finally, in Cozumel we did a "resort" scuba dive course (intro to scuba with two tank dives going down around 40 feet) that was fantastic as well.

Could you let me know which specific snorkel trip you took with Roatan Ocean Adventures as there are quite a few available. Thanks

Could you let me know which specific snorkel trip you took with Roatan Ocean Adventures as there are quite a few available. Thanks

We did the 3 stop snorkel tour with beach break that was $70/person. They are right next to the sloth farm I think, and if you want to do both, they have that option as well. They don’t bring you to their dock in super fancy vehicles, but all the people working there seemed to be great guys and they provided a great service.

The Haven pool area was never crowded, and if you were looking to simply sun, then there were always chairs and chaise lounges available. The pool is quite small, more for simply cooling off. The regular pool was somewhat small and very crowded.

We thought the Haven was fantastic. The bartenders, Miro and Ross, were true mixologists and created amazing drinks that weren't even on the regular menu. The restaurant service was top notch, and the only complaint that we had (and it was a small one), was the fact that they had the same menu all week and did not have anything like daily specials to mix things up a bit. The food itself, however, was comparable to the SDP restaurants in our opinion, as far as quality is concerned. Fresh fruit is brought to your room daily, along with daily treats in the afternoon. We enjoyed the Haven so much that we are probably going to change our plans in 2019 to go on the Haven again, instead of the Encore, simply because of the experience.

Why not try the Haven on the Encore?

Why not try the Haven on the Encore?

Would love to, but with it being only the third trip of the Encore, and it being over the week of Thanksgiving, it is prohibitively expensive. Also, to be honest, the cruise stops in the Eastern Caribbean are somewhat odd as well.

I am brand new to NCL and just booked the Getaway leaving August 12th. We will be traveling with two college age kids 21 & 22. Two Balcony rooms on deck 12. Trying to find out what I need to reserve ahead of time and if not available online since only about 30 days out can I reserve once I get onboard? We all love the comedy shows on the other lines. Is it different shows each night ? Do you need reservations? Also is there any deck parties that we should know about - like a white out or anything like that? Any suggestions you think a family with young adults would enjoy would be appreciated it. We enjoy spending time together but with their work schedule this summer not a lot of family time so decided we would plan a cruise before they both head back to school. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

The three snorkel stop with beach break.

Thanks for your help we sail July 22 and still need to pick our excursions. Was that the Snorkel Hopping & Beach Break Adventure? My family loves to snorkel and that one sounds fun!

Thanks for your help we sail July 22 and still need to pick our excursions. Was that the Snorkel Hopping & Beach Break Adventure? My family loves to snorkel and that one sounds fun!

That's the one. We did not do the beach break, but from a distance it looked very nice. We decided to head back after snorkeling in order to get some shopping down at the port. The other thing about this trip is the pictures that they will email to you that they took during the course of the tour. We got some great family pics, as well as some great underwater pics of some of the aquatic life we saw.

Are there any quiet areas on a pool deck, with some shade??

From what I could tell, the H2O/Spice area (adult only) appeared to be ok, and did have some shade seating. The pool deck area itself can be kind of nutty, with lots of people in a relatively small pool, and a fair amount of chair hogging going on. If you are willing to pay for it, the Vibe area looked pretty nice, and had lots of seating options.

I am brand new to NCL and just booked the Getaway leaving August 12th. We will be traveling with two college age kids 21 & 22. Two Balcony rooms on deck 12. Trying to find out what I need to reserve ahead of time and if not available online since only about 30 days out can I reserve once I get onboard? We all love the comedy shows on the other lines. Is it different shows each night ? Do you need reservations? Also is there any deck parties that we should know about - like a white out or anything like that? Any suggestions you think a family with young adults would enjoy would be appreciated it. We enjoy spending time together but with their work schedule this summer not a lot of family time so decided we would plan a cruise before they both head back to school. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Any specialty dining should be done ahead of time if at all possible, as the prime eating times go quick. If no longer available online, get them reserved as soon as possible after boarding. Some of the shows take reservations, others are just "as available" seating. The big shows (i.e., Burn The Floor) should be reserved now or as soon as you board.

They have a Glow Party which your family should like where everyone wears white. Based on Dailies I have seen here, there seem to be parties pretty much every night at Spice H2O. Based on what I have seen, your college age kids should also like O'Sheehan's, with the bowling, etc.

Thanks for your review! We sailed on the Getaway in March and are going again this September. We loved this ship! The Waterfront and Sugarcane Mojito Bar were two of our favorite stops. My dinner in LaCucina was one of the best Italian dinners I have had in a while. Tasted just like my grandma's cooking!

Looking forward to sailing on the ship again!

• 2 weeks later...