"LIVE" from the Grandeur 06/04/06

Tomorrow is the day ! The beautiful Grandeur of the Seas will set sail to

beautiful Bermuda for a 5 night cruise. Join me from the NEW

Cruise Maryland Terminal at the Port of Baltimore.

Stay tuned for "LIVE" trip Reports of all aspects of the Cruise, including

Daily Photos life on board the Grandeur, photos of Public Rooms, exteriors, dining, Hamilton, and Kings Wharf,

Daily Commentary , and answers to what you want to know

about the Grandeur of the Seas.(hopefully I will have the

answers :confused: .) The Grandeur has recently installed

Wi Fi throughout the Ship, so my Internet connection should hold up well.

(keep your fingers crossed ;) )

I hope that all goes well....I checked the forecast for Bermuda, and they are calling for showers both days that we are there (Tues-Wed)....

We will make the best of it a nd have a Great relaxing Cruise no matter what the weather is !

I should be boarding tomorrow by 3PM. See you then ;)

Radio

58146180-fa29-016A0200-.jpg

57793484-c8b1-01FB0150-.jpg

Radio:

Stop by the Schooner Bar and say ``Hi'' to pianist/entertainer Jim Brookheart for the ``Candy Lady'' and ``Crazy Guest.'' Jim is a great entertainer. Spent many hours at the Schooner during our 4/29 repo cruise, Tampa to SJ.

Dianne

Hi Radio.

I will be boarding the ship next Friday when you depart. I am excited to see what you experience. This will be my first cruise so I am not sure what to expect. You reports will help me get through the week. Have a great cruise and I hope the weather turns out well for you. :)

Alliesma

Hi Radio,

We'll be joining you tomorrow on the Grandeur! If I bring my laptop, will I be able to use it anywhere on the ship? Will there be a fee?

Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen, yes there will be a fee. the price starts at .50 per minute. It will be cheaper per minute if you buy a package of minutes.

You must have an Aircard or Laptop that is capable for WiFi. If not, Grandeur should be able to provide a rental while on board.

WiFI should be available in several ares on the ship. It is not available everywhere... I will provide details once on board.

I have sailed the Grandeur many times, but when I was on last July, there was no WiFi....

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks for the info on the WiFi, Radio,

Any more updates on the weather? Last year when we were going to Bermuda on the 5 day Explorer trip we went to Canada instead and I am hoping for much better weather this trip!

Karen

Any more updates on the weather? Last year when we were going to Bermuda on the 5 day Explorer trip we went to Canada instead and I am hoping for much better weather this trip!

Karen

I don't think we will be going to Canada...Its just calling for Showers both days....

If they change course, I will be happy jsut to be on the Ship:) :D

Radio

;) ;)

Wow...Radio....that's great...I have kept up with your posts before from the Grandeur...We have cruised the Grandeur before to the the Carib from Baltimore and we have another booked for next year to Bermuda for our DD's graduation (didn't want to spend money for airfare, hello, just being honest)...So I am very anxious to hear everything about this cruise....will be staying tuned...and I alreay know you provide awesome pictures and great info!!!! I am so happy to find this out!!! WOOOOHOOOO...enjoy your cruise tho....dammit

Radio:

Going on the Grandeur in Sept, we were on her last Sept and loved her. We have followed your "live" threads before and enjoyed them very much.

We are looking forward to your cruise as much as you are since you are posting..."live". You do have a way with words. We will be interested in reading your posts about the new terminal on how soon you can arrive, luggage drop offs and any info on handicapp parking.

We go to Bermuda every year and never tire of it's beauty. You are on a great ship going to a beautfiul port. You can count on us to be "cruzin the net" and tuning in with you.

Hey Radio, I'll be fishing for Rockfish near the Bay Bridge tomorrow (well, today) and will be giving you the Bon Voyage wave when you get there.

Have a great cruise!!!

Fred

Ps. can you ask the captain to rev the engines when he gets to the bridge... it might stir some fish off the bottom.. thanks!

Hey Radio, I'll be fishing for Rockfish near the Bay Bridge tomorrow (well, today) and will be giving you the Bon Voyage wave when you get there.

Have a great cruise!!!

Fred

Ps. can you ask the captain to rev the engines when he gets to the bridge... it might stir some fish off the bottom.. thanks!

HaHa...Yeah , I'll ask him to do a "Crazy Ivan" when he gets to the Bridge :) :)

Radio

;)

**UPDATE** new weather forecast for Bermuda... for Tues and Wed.

Climate data recorded Saturday, June 03, 2006, at the Bermuda International Airport

Tuesday -

Sunny breaks with patchy rain or showers... Winds south-southeasterly moderate... Low near 21°C/71°F, high near 24°C/76°F.

Wednesday -

Sunny breaks with isolated showers... Winds south-southeasterly moderate... Low near 21°C/71°F, high near 25°C/77°F.

It's beginning to look much better ! ! ;)

Radio

;) ;)

Bon Voyage Radio - have a great cruise. Will be on the Grandeur in September and would appreciate any info on handicapped parking you may have. Hope things are going well with the new terminal.

We look forward to all your "Live" reports.

Karen

Don't you mean "Voyager" as "Explorer" only started this year in NJ

I was supposed to be on this cruise to Bermuda but had to cancel at the last minute. Now I'm just going to have to be content to cruise vicariously by watching your reports this week. Pay no attention to the sobbing you hear in the background. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

Have extra fun for me!

Welcome aboard the beautiful Grandeur of the Seas ! ! !

We arrived (Mrs Radio and I) to the Port at about 2:45PM, we were on the ship by 3PM. The NEW Cruise Maryland Passenger Terminal is very very nice. It appears that they must have researched other Cruise Terminals around the USA to see what worked and what didn't. It was very easy to get around......There was no line at all in the Terminal. There were about 30 Check In Stations. We were whisked through in no time ! I was very Impressed. There is alot of HC Parling and the flow for getting your car parked is very good. The ship is getting to pull out of port now, so I will post again tonight with lots of pics !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

58305873-ea22-028001E0-.jpg

58305876-c249-028001C5-.jpg

58305896-371e-028001E0-.jpg

58305967-cb25-021E01E0-.jpg

58305958-2bed-028001E0-.jpg

Archived