I'm Looking For A Hotel Recommendation In Miami?

GranysT

I asked this on the FL departures board, but haven't gotten any responses.

Am looking for a hotel in Miami that offers parking,free if possible, while on a cruise. Also if hotel has a shuttle to and from port, would be nice, but parking is most essential part.

We are booked (March 2015) at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. Price is great. Includes shuttle from airport and to cruise port. Also includes breakfast. The reviews on this hotel are good but if anybody out there reading this would like to confirm this is a good choice, would love to hear from you :)

Hope this helps you.

We stayed at the Inter-Continental, and I hated it.

Just way too big.:mad::mad:

The location was great, as we could walk to Bayside Marketplace, which was nice.

Next time, we'll try the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

Not many Miami hotels have shuttles to the ports. More than likely, you'll be taking a taxi.

Good Luck!!!!!

We are booked (March 2015) at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. Price is great. Includes shuttle from airport and to cruise port. Also includes breakfast. The reviews on this hotel are good but if anybody out there reading this would like to confirm this is a good choice, would love to hear from you :)

Hope this helps you.

We've stayed at LaQuinta by the airport a couple of times. There is free parking, free breakfast, and a one way shuttle to the ship. No one offers a round trip shuttle because of some kind of taxi rules or something. You just have to arrange for a shuttle/taxi to get back to the hotel. Nothing fancy but it is clean and convenient.

We just booked at EB Hotel for July 2015 for $120 per room thru Last Minute Travel. My sister did the actual booking. I think they said parking was free and $5 per day while on cruise. You can call this Hotel to confirm parking info.

Edited by Engineerstar

Currently at the Sleep Inn airport (boarding the Epic tomorrow!) and it includes breakfast, a shuttle from the airport, and a free shuttle to the port. Nothing fancy but certainly comfortable and the young man at the desk has been very helpful with several requests. Very reasonable, also. I'm paying $111. + tax. Not sure about parking since we flew in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hotels in downtown Miami and Miami Beach charge their customers $25-30+/day for parking, so the hotels offering parking deals will be out near the MIA airport.

http://www.parksleepfly.com and http://www.stay123.com are two sources for finding hotels offering parking deals.

Budget options often suggested on this board that include shuttles to POM include La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical Center. Sometimes the downtown Hampton Inn Mary Brickell offers parking deals - the low season of August may be one of those times.

Comfort Suites North was often suggested, but then there was a post about crime in the area; it is your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

You may be better off staying somewhere cheap north of Miami and then parking at POM.

We are staying at "Best Miami Hotel" for about $86 in a couple of weeks, free shuttle from the airport, and the next day to the port! Not sure about the parking situation there though

How is parking at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport? I am driving down from Alabama and have the same questions as the OP.

I am checking out stay123.com, that JohninDC was kind enough to give me. It listed the Hilton Garden Inn. I'm looking at dates in Aug, and it says up to 14 days free parking, Free shuttle to Port for 2 people. More than 2 they charge $12 each. No return shuttle from ship. It doesn't mention anything about breakfast. You can go to that website, put in your dates, and check it out yourself.

Thanks all for your help

I stayed at Regency Hotel last Sunday before our cruise but we fly in and got their shuttle but I know others parked there and their shuttle to port was $10 and left hotel at 11 am, also Catch of the Day restaurant night next door.

Currently at the Sleep Inn airport (boarding the Epic tomorrow!) and it includes breakfast, a shuttle from the airport, and a free shuttle to the port. Nothing fancy but certainly comfortable and the young man at the desk has been very helpful with several requests. Very reasonable, also. I'm paying $111. + tax. Not sure about parking since we flew in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are staying at the Sleep Inn at the end of February, and I would be interested to know if the shuttle is really free. They told me it was $10 pp. Also, did you see any convenience stores in the area to buy soda for the ship.

We cruised on the Epic 11/30/14. We stayed at the Miami Airport Marriott. They had a Park N Fly Deal so it was like $119 and we stayed the night and could leave the car for the week at no charge. We did have to pay charge PP to take a shuttle to the port but I think it was like $7 pp. Not much.

When we returned.... the front of our car was missing, including parts of my engine!! This property is fully gated with a guard, cameras everywhere... We then waited 2 hours for the police. It was horrible.

I wish I did research before hand because I then went on trip advisor and saw two other cars recently had trouble here. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!

We cruised on the Epic 11/30/14. We stayed at the Miami Airport Marriott. They had a Park N Fly Deal so it was like $119 and we stayed the night and could leave the car for the week at no charge. We did have to pay charge PP to take a shuttle to the port but I think it was like $7 pp. Not much.

When we returned.... the front of our car was missing, including parts of my engine!! This property is fully gated with a guard, cameras everywhere... We then waited 2 hours for the police. It was horrible.

I wish I did research before hand because I then went on trip advisor and saw two other cars recently had trouble here. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!

I beg and plead with people every week on this board not to leave their car in Miami for an extended time anywhere but the port or the airport.

It isn't the criminals on the outside but always the employees working a scam ring.

So sorry you had a bad experience.

Granys, if you enjoy your car, please don't leave it anywhere but the port.