Japan and Thailand back to back

2bmelly

Hi!

Wondering if anyone has ever done a back to back Japan/Thailand cruise? Does this exist - whether same cruise line or 2 different ones? Would love to do this in 2019-2020 since I'm already on that side of the world. Cruise lines? Existing boards that talk about this? Websites to check? Not sure where to start.

:)Thanks!:)

It is not a common combination as really two different markets. Very easy to find a cruise from Singapore that will do SE Asia including Thailand and end in Singapore or Hong Kong. Most Japan Cruises start in Japan or Taiwan, so you would need to fly to your second cruise. Unless you want to cruise on part of a World Cruise or a high end Cruise Line like Seaborne.

I live in SE Asia and have for the last 20 years, if I wanted these two areas I would take a 8 day Japan Cruise and then fly to Singapore or Hong Kong and do the Thailand Cruise for 7 to 12 days.

Go to www.cruisetimetables.com and choose places you want to visit from the Ports of Call list. It will tell you who is calling there, and their itineraries. As has been suggested, you might have to patch together a cruise using more than one ship.

Choosing Bangkok as a port to visit, I found Sapphire Princess leaving in Jan 2019 from Shanghai, with ont stop in Japan, and a stop in Bangkok on the way to Singapore. It's a pretty cold time to bein those northern ports, though. EM

The main Bangkok port is two hours from the city. That’s four hours

round trip from the ship. You could consider a land based trip of Thailand, and then a flight to Japan for a cruise there.

Agree on Thailand. We like cruising. We have spent four winters in Thailand with lots of time in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Malaysia.

Cannot speak to Japan. We do not think that cruising is the best way to visit Thailand. Better to do a land based trip. Same for Vietnam and Cambodia.

Agree on Thailand. We like cruising. We have spent four winters in Thailand with lots of time in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Malaysia.

Cannot speak to Japan. We do not think that cruising is the best way to visit Thailand. Better to do a land based trip. Same for Vietnam and Cambodia.

The same could be said for any country as cruising really only gives you a taste of a place, usually just the port and it's surrounds. However, if you like that taste, you will go back and visit with a land tour or stay.