Free select drinks package

Ok I have sent the message below to crown and anchor I have also sent similar to uk customer services

I am getting a little fed up with your team and the UK customer service team continuing to give out false information with regards the upgrade costs for those of us with the free select package. Your right and left hand do not seem to know what the hell they are doing. Surely you would have got this info together and correct BEFORE changing the packages. Mike Baileys team told me on the phone all other prices were rumors - BUT YOU STARTED THESE RUMORS AND ARE CONTINUING TO KEEP THEM GOING CAUSING NEEDLESS DISTRESS!!!

The following agents are continuing to give out rumor (Nelson Frau description of these prices) info Louis Alberto Silva & Jaquelinne Ivette Villagran Magana

Get this sorted. Below is a copy of the email I got from Mike Bayleys team from Nelson Frau

Dear *****:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I appreciated the opportunity to discuss and respond to the concerns you brought to our attention.

As I advised over the phone, we will be honoring your Select Beverage Package onboard if it is included in your current promotion. Furthermore, you will also have the option of upgrading to our new Deluxe Beverage Package at a special rate of $10.00 per person, per day plus 18% gratuities.

******, we sincerely appreciate your loyal patronage and look forward to serving you with the many benefits and services included in your Gold membership of our Crown & Anchor Society.

Mine too says 10 dollars per day plus 18%. That's all they will be getting! Will be printing email to take with us.

This is the email I received

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean International. We are in receipt of your correspondence to Mr. Bayley and I am pleased to respond on his behalf.

I am sorry to learn of your displeasure with the recent changes to our beverage packages. We have reviewed your correspondence and can confirm we are still honoring the Select package onboard for guests who have already purchased it or have it as part of the promotion booked. Guests with the Select package will have the opportunity onboard to upgrade to the Deluxe package at the special rate of $10 per person per day plus 18% gratuities.

Thank you,, for writing to us. We are pleased you chose to sail with Royal Caribbean International and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Navigator of the Seas in October.

After an exchange of messages via Twitter when RCI said that I could only upgrade from Select to Deluxe, I then sent the following: (tried copying actual message but can't get it to work)

From me:

I've just been reading on a forum that RCI have now said that they will only charge 10 dollars plus gratuity to upgrade to deluxe as we already have the promotional Select Package. Could you kindly confirm this please.

RCI reply:

Yes, that is now correct. After consideration and review, the announcement was just made regarding the change.

This exchange of messages was between late last night (UK time)

IMG_1514.jpg.9849ca4946016e1cc92fcfe69550bc29.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg.0e50817715cc2a5602148f4322b027ce.jpg

Edited by Aladdin22

Our plan was to connect with a great server/bartender and do the upgrade with them since they get some credit. I hope the message gets to their level versus having to go back to guest services to fix it. Hopefully folks sailing this week can post results of this change and if easy peasy to upgrade without any problems.

Any one else sailing the Rhapsody soon? We can unite if any issues on board and celebrate if all goes smooth or issue resolved! 😀

Excited that things look promising!

I am on Rhapsody out of Tampa in Feb.

Went ahead and bought drink packages last night. They still had the Premium and Ultimate on the website. Bought the Premium at $726 total for my wife and I. That comes out to a little over $50 per day each. I have always gotten just the beer package before so its a little more expensive but a few times those frozen drinks have looked pretty good out by the pool. I got a good deal on the cruise. My drink packages actually cost more than my cruise fare minus port fees.

I am on Rhapsody out of Tampa in Feb.

Went ahead and bought drink packages last night. They still had the Premium and Ultimate on the website. Bought the Premium at $726 total for my wife and I. That comes out to a little over $50 per day each. I have always gotten just the beer package before so its a little more expensive but a few times those frozen drinks have looked pretty good out by the pool. I got a good deal on the cruise. My drink packages actually cost more than my cruise fare minus port fees.

Make sure to check the cruise planner once they change to the deluxe package just in case it ends up cheaper than what you paid. My cruise planner shows the deluxe at only $46/day, and if your cruise also has the 20% off it ends up being only $36.80, much less than what you paid for premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got the same contradictory replies from Jacqueline and Nelson. But then Nelson Frau actually rang me from Miami today that all executives and ships now know that anyone with the Select package - whether they bought it or were given it free as a promotion - will need to pay only $10 plus 18% grats. He said there won't be any problems on boarding and asking for the upgrade (we'll wait and see on that). Like others though, I'll be taking my email with me.

Good job we all also emailed Mike Bayley instead of just relying on answers from RCI's Customer Services or Crown & Anchor.

I also received the same phone call stating the same. I too am awaiting the email now confirming this but he assured me as of yesterday all ships now know of the change and the accommodations to those on the select package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got fed up of waiting for a reply to my emails, have just phoned Crown and Anchor, we sail on Harmony on Sunday, the select package was part of the promotion. Their agent confirmed that as of yesterday, all ships have been advised anyone wanting to upgrade the promotional select package to deluxe can do so at the reduced rate. However that rate can vary between $10 pp per day to $20 pp per day plus gratuities. She told me Harmony would be between $15 and $20 pp, different ships have different rates and the rate can change for different sailings!

the upgrade price is now confirmed on their twitter page

Just got my response and am not happy!

Thank you for your email regarding our new Drinks Package.

For your reference, we have made this change due to guest's feedback.

Therefore it is not our intention for your to feel that you have been

penalized or affect your holiday by having you pay for a higher amount

upgrade price. This decision has been reviewed carefully and the prices

have been set accordingly.

Therefore you will still be able to upgrade your package onboard. At the

moment and in accordance to the prices, we estimate that the upgrade fees

would be in between $15.00 - $20.00 per day. Kindly note: This price may

still vary upon sailing.

I have read and acknowledged your feedback as it will be noted for our

improvement; however we do not know if these kind of changes will continue

to change moving forward.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you for your understanding and

patience in this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

Jaquelinne Ivette Villagran Magana

Crown & Anchor Society | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

Anyone know which Twitter RCCL have responded on as I have searched and can't find a reference to it. Thanks.

Upgrade price now on twitter feed at $10 +18% screen shot it

Can I ask the person who got the response via Twitter confirming the upgrade will be $10 plus grats posts a link to the tweet please? I've not yet had a response to my email and would like to screenshot a public agreement to honour the $10 price if possible! Thanks!

They responded to my tweet and its on twitter now for a screen dump to take with you

I got the same contradictory replies from Jacqueline and Nelson. But then Nelson Frau actually rang me from Miami today that all executives and ships now know that anyone with the Select package - whether they bought it or were given it free as a promotion - will need to pay only $10 plus 18% grats. He said there won't be any problems on boarding and asking for the upgrade (we'll wait and see on that). Like others though, I'll be taking my email with me.

Good job we all also emailed Mike Bayley instead of just relying on answers from RCI's Customer Services or Crown & Anchor.

I'm wondering if Royal will put a end date on this, we have cruise booked for Nov 2017 which have free select packages guess I will have to call to check it out. Upgrading at $11.80 a day is a OK don't think I would at $30+18%.

Fragilek - thanks for your help. I've taken a screenshot of their reply to you. We travel on 11th Oct so here's hoping everything's sorted by then.

We always wanted to upgrade to premium but if we get the new deluxe package at this price it will be great

Just thinking about all the people who will now get on the ship oblivious to the changes and go and upgrade for $10 and have no idea the hassle this caused. lol :)

I my friend will have my first drink in your honor - thanks to you and everyone on the boards for all of the persistence. :-)

I have used twitter and they have confired the $10 +18% so now so you all can page dump for acopy

Thank you so much! Have taken several screenshots of their replies to different people confirming the $10 upgrade price so will be fully armed when I board next week.

Really appreciate your help fragilek!