re meat pies

Might be the case, just like referees, they can make bad decisions.;p

I reckon they should make me the official taster.

Looking at that list there’d be enough pies to last me a week or two.

I reckon they should make me the official taster.

Looking at that list there’d be enough pies to last me a week or two.

You wouldn't like being a taster, you only get to take a bit or two and then have to move onto the next one (no matter how nice it was).:D

Has there been any news from Uncle Les?

Seems to be a little quite for our designated international pie correspondent.

Then again, the UK, does not have the benefits of NBN infrastructure.

Not sure if there is free wifi in those bakeries they have there.

You wouldn't like being a taster, you only get to take a bit or two and then have to move onto the next one (no matter how nice it was).:D

Hey that’s worse than wine tasting where they make you spit.

Not fair.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a Darby’s small pie yesterday $1.50 size of most shops standard pie, washed it down with part of a Vanilla Slice, Mrs G got a full one, I had to share with Max, turns out he likes the vanilla in the middle.

Had a Darby’s small pie yesterday $1.50 size of most shops standard pie, washed it down with part of a Vanilla Slice, Mrs G got a full one, I had to share with Max, turns out he likes the vanilla in the middle.

Tsk, tsk, should feed dogs with that stuff, I am not surprised he would like it though.

T

And for those of a foreign disposition, the correct Oz terminology for vanilla slice is a snot block.

Travel and travel discussions are so educational.

Has there been any news from Uncle Les?

Seems to be a little quite for our designated international pie correspondent.

Then again, the UK, does not have the benefits of NBN infrastructure.

Flew back Tuesday after nearly 2 months away. Liked Sapphire Princess and Baltics/Scandinavia cruises B2B. Did not like Royal Princess (British Isles) - too big, food ordinary, no walk around promenade deck. Theatre too small for 4000 pax, the 800 seat theatre was full for an hour before performances. We made the most travelled pax lunch and cocktail parties for all 3 cruises. The top 40 cruisers are invited to such functions.:halo:

Recommend lashing out for a mini suite, had one on all 3 cruises, extra space goes down well, good lounge area and 2 tv's - one for each eye.

Calm seas and fantastic weather, like 20C to 30C all the way.

Trip was a bit of a downer at times because of several medical issues I had, crook hip, knees and feet, had to miss a few shorex. Won't dwell on that. I did not have to hit ye olde travel insurance though, thank goodness. Took plenty of pills from here. Whilst in UK for the 5th and probably final time we visited some interesting places, including Duxford - old aircraft on display. Stamford, Bletchley Park - Code Breakers from WW2, etc, etc.

Shocker of a flight back, 6 hours of real bad turbulence HK to Sydney, shaken out of the sky.:loudcry: Going to have a rest from those flying machines and the ships for a while.

Glad to be home, bit of jet lag, need a pie.:eek: I actually lost 4 kg on the trip, not much appetite some days. I did manage to savour a GF steak and kiddly pie in merry olde England, from Sainsbury's. Not bad, but not enough gravy.

Regards to all.

Edited by NSWP

Flew back Tuesday after nearly 2 months away. Liked Sapphire Princess and Baltics/Scandinavia cruises B2B. Did not like Royal Princess (British Isles) - too big, food ordinary, no walk around promenade deck. Theatre too small for 4000 pax, the 800 seat theatre was full for an hour before performances. We made the most travelled pax lunch and cocktail parties for all 3 cruises. The top 40 cruisers are invited to such functions.:halo:

Recommend lashing out for a mini suite, had one on all 3 cruises, extra space goes down well, good lounge area and 2 tv's - one for each eye.

Trip was a bit of a downer at times because of several medical issues I had, crook hip, knees and feet, had to miss a few shorex. Won't dwell on that. I did not have to hit ye olde travel insurance though, thank goodness. Took plenty of pills from here. Whilst in UK for the 5th and probably final time we visited some interesting places, including Duxford - old aircraft on display. Stamford, Bletchley Park - Code Breakers from WW2, etc, etc.

Shocker of a flight back, 6 hours of real bad turbulence HK to Sydney, shaken out of the sky.:loudcry: Going to have a rest from those flying machines and the ships for a while.

Glad to be home, bit of jet lag, need a pie.:eek: I actually lost 4 kg on the trip, not much appetite some days. I did manage to savour a GF steak and kiddly pie in merry olde England, from Sainsbury's. Not bad, but not enough gravy.

Regards to all.

G’day Les just thinking last night you should make an appearance soon, glad you didn’t need to claim on the ins.

Regards to all.

Welcome home.

Glad to have you back Uncle Les.

Glad to see you back Uncle Les. Sorry about your medical issues but lucky you didn't have to claim on travel insurance. Six hours of turbulence, enough to put me off flying for ever!

Leigh