Brightline tickets to Miami on Sale

Host CJSKIDS

Wonderful news! I commute daily between my home in Fort Lauderdale and work in Downtown Miami, so now I just need to calculate my monthly gas expense, etc., and see what packages / passes they will offer. It will sure beat the daily stress of 95, or at least I can do one week by train, one week by car.

Wonderful news! I commute daily between my home in Fort Lauderdale and work in Downtown Miami, so now I just need to calculate my monthly gas expense, etc., and see what packages / passes they will offer. It will sure beat the daily stress of 95, or at least I can do one week by train, one week by car.

I guess it's a little nicer and faster than Tri-Rail, but it's not like the option of taking the train hasn't been around forever.

My husband is commuting between our place on Brickell and his office on Las Olas which is terrible, can't imagine your commute as it's worse coming this way!

I guess it's a little nicer and faster than Tri-Rail, but it's not like the option of taking the train hasn't been around forever.

Yes, but this is about 30 minutes vs 1 hour 15!

Yes, but this is about 30 minutes vs 1 hour 15!

That's true, and the stations are actually in downtown with no transfers. I can see the benefit for a specific niche of travelers and maybe it'll draw more people closer to the stations due to the ease of commute. I mean, if I had a job in Brickell and didn't want to live in Miami, buying something near the Fort Lauderdale station would now make a lot of sense. Even Palm Beach folks can make a reasonable commute all the way to Miami, providing they live near enough to the station.

For us out in the suburbs, the Brightline is basically useless. I like the project, though. The more rail, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

My husband is commuting between our place on Brickell and his office on Las Olas which is terrible, can't imagine your commute as it's worse coming this way!

I live off Commercial & A1A and take 95 south to the Golden Glades and then take 441 south (NW 7th Ave) all the way to Downtown, and I do the reverse on the way home (sometimes via N Miami Ave). It takes 1 hour 20 minutes, but it's less stressful than the stretch between the Golden Glades and Downtown.

The Brightline is night and day nicer than Tri Rail.

We are so excited about this! Happy Hour on Brickell!

The first weekend tickets are $6pp round trip.

Yay!!! And I saw that! I was thinking happy hour in Fort Lauderdale next weekend!!

Yay!!! And I saw that! I was thinking happy hour in Fort Lauderdale next weekend!!

We'll actually be in Miami tomorrow afternoon for a final casting the husband has for a commercial. I'll shoot you an email.

We'll actually be in Miami tomorrow afternoon for a final casting the husband has for a commercial. I'll shoot you an email.

Fun finally putting a face to a name and having a couple of cocktails together yesterday!

Brightline is going to be a great way for everyone to get from Miami to Fort lauderdale and vice versa. It's going to be great for anyone taking a cruise that is staying in one town to go spend the day in the other town without having to rent a car! Especially over the next month with the $3 fares!!

Maybe it is a bit early, but perhaps the board hosts could put together a post with links and advice on the best options for Brightline service between FLL and POM and PE to Miami (those seem to be the questions that come up frequently on this board)

Maybe it is a bit early, but perhaps the board hosts could put together a post with links and advice on the best options for Brightline service between FLL and POM and PE to Miami (those seem to be the questions that come up frequently on this board)

Happy to do that once Brightline is fully up and running. They don't appear to have all the Miami info up yet. They haven't given out too much information yet!

Here is some great information in regards to the station here in Miami.

https://miami.curbed.com/2018/5/12/17347792/brightline-train-services-start-may-19-miami

In Miami, the Brightline is right downtown and would be a very short Uber ride to the port. It's about 3 blocks to the American Airlines arena. A block to a metro mover station. I haven't read whether or not there will be a trolley type service.

For getting to hotels in the downtown or Brickell area it will be easy to jump on the metromover.

Once more information is published, I'll put something together and perhaps Blue Herons can let us know what she knows about the service and stuff in Fort Lauderdale.

The Brightline will put a serious damper on the limo/shuttle/Uber business between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. The biggest thing is that it is a much faster mode of transportation.

With the Tri Rail, you have to transfer from the train to the Metro Rail which couldn't be in a worse neighborhood. I used to take Tri Rail all the time and it would take me almost two hours to get from downtown FLL to Coral Gables.

Great to meet you finally Carolyn!

Has anyone even been able to do anything on their web site since they released the Miami date. I keep getting a searching for train and a spinning circle. I have time to check my dates but just wondering.

Has anyone even been able to do anything on their web site since they released the Miami date. I keep getting a searching for train and a spinning circle. I have time to check my dates but just wondering.

It should be up and running properly now.

Believe it or not, it's sold out for this weekend. Of course it was so cheap and they are having things going on at the terminal including a Miami Heat player so I guess for $3 a person, it's something to do. I actually wanted to go up to Fort Lauderdale but guess I'm out of luck!

I just saw this. The stress free factor has to be worth a fortune!

I just saw this. The stress free factor has to be worth a fortune!

It won't be an issue for me any longer as I just accepted a position in Broward. Commute will be 25-30 minutes max ... Woo hoo! Insert cartwheel emoji here!

Will now use Brightline to head to Downtown Miami for fun!

Well I just tried to book a couple tickets in October and they are already sold out, even for the return in November. Oh well we will find a different way from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a schedule for when (and where the stops will be) in Orlando? I'd love to give that a try.

2021 is the projected time frame but I’m sure there will be delays.

I looked at the website. It doesn't look like there is direct airport access. Are there shuttles are do you have to uber?

Tri rail is better if going to the airport.