Laptop access to Regal Princess Televisions

casavaha

Hopefully someone may have had success and will post how they were able to.

But the TVs are mounted flush to the wall.

And the supplied generic universal remote is designed for the On Demand system, not the TV functions. No button to select which input you are using.

Is there a usb port on the Regal televisions? I want to be able to view utube and my

own photos and videos on the television.

Greg

I don't think this will work

My laptop and phone will both do HDMI output.

On Royal, I unplugged the ship HDMI from the TV, and plugged in my HDMI cable.

After a cruise of doing this, I bought a manual HDMI selector to use on my last cruise.

I only had to do the plug-in thing once for the entire cruise, and then just flip a switch as needed.

hahaha - good one...

as soon as Princess gets a whiff of what passengers are trying to do - the crack ***** staff will get right on programming a popup message asking how many minutes of ad free tv you wish to purchase for your own personal viewing...

seriously, how does this benefit Princess in any way with you staying in your cabin and not seeing ads for EFFY, or whatever it is...:evilsmile:

I had some luck on the Royal by using their HDMI input but I had to reconnect my cable every time I wanted to view my own movies.

Since it was wall mounted it wasn't worth the trouble of switching back & forth. Their HDMI input is the only one that does work.

Hdmi used on the last 6 princess cruises for me, success every time. We bring our own movies and usually a playstation or similar. I don't think I could stand watching another episode of that stupid "Finding Bigfoot" show.

I often wonder why Princess does not provide this type of input for passengers. Is it time for a write in campaign especially on their surveys? I will start to add it to mine.

Imagine how many trouble calls Princess would get on the ship if passengers could change TV inputs to other settings? Quite a few would change it to some other setting like HDMI2 and forget to put it back.

Imagine how many trouble calls Princess would get on the ship if passengers could change TV inputs to other settings? Quite a few would change it to some other setting like HDMI2 and forget to put it back.

It's a simple fix.

Turn off the TV & have it reset to the default HDMI setting the next time it's turned on.

I had some luck on the Royal by using their HDMI input but I had to reconnect my cable every time I wanted to view my own movies.

Since it was wall mounted it wasn't worth the trouble of switching back & forth. Their HDMI input is the only one that does work.

I used an HDMI selector switch (and a 1' HDMI cable) to make a connection. For a 10 day cruise I only had to connect

once, then just flip a switch between my HDMI and ship HDMI.

I connected the white HDMI cable to my phone, or laptop.

39029156020_a08d62ff77_b.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Switcher-Bi-direction-Hub-HDCP-Passthrough-Supports-DotStone/dp/B01L8LLP2G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1521197862&sr=1-1&keywords=HDMI+Switcher+2+Ports+Bi-direction+Manual+Switch+2+x+1+%2F+1+x+2+HDMI+Hub-HDCP+Passthrough-Supports+Ultra+HD+4K+3D+1080P+By+DotStone

71m8rb2GoqL._SL1200_.jpg

I used an HDMI selector switch (and a 1' HDMI cable) to make a connection. For a 10 day cruise I only had to connect

once, then just flip a switch between my HDMI and ship HDMI.

I connected the white HDMI cable to my phone, or laptop.

39029156020_a08d62ff77_b.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Switcher-Bi-direction-Hub-HDCP-Passthrough-Supports-DotStone/dp/B01L8LLP2G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1521197862&sr=1-1&keywords=HDMI+Switcher+2+Ports+Bi-direction+Manual+Switch+2+x+1+%2F+1+x+2+HDMI+Hub-HDCP+Passthrough-Supports+Ultra+HD+4K+3D+1080P+By+DotStone

71m8rb2GoqL._SL1200_.jpg

Looks like a winner ! :D

Thanks for the link....I'll be sure to get one for our next cruise. Saves a lot of aggravation each day for wall mounted TV's.

I see you brought some packing tape for wall mounting. ;)

Looks like a winner ! :D

Thanks for the link....I'll be sure to get one for our next cruise. Saves a lot of aggravation each day for wall mounted TV's.

I see you brought some packing tape for wall mounting. ;)

You also need 1' HDMI cable between switch and TV.

Maybe foreceps, if you have fat fingers like me.

Somehow, hotels survive.

hahaha - good one...

as soon as Princess gets a whiff of what passengers are trying to do - the crack ***** staff will get right on programming a popup message asking how many minutes of ad free tv you wish to purchase for your own personal viewing...

seriously, how does this benefit Princess in any way with you staying in your cabin and not seeing ads for EFFY, or whatever it is...:evilsmile:

Who really cares if Princess likes it or not. Never hurts to ask and to try and discourage people asking by saying it MAY cost them more money n the future is really not helping people. I, and I hope others will start to adk for it. If you do not like it that is your problem.