B2b wine policy

dritan

Hi

I thought I would share clarification I received from Princess cruises regarding the B2B wine policy.

We booked our cruise as a 14 day cruise which is also sold as 2 individual 7 day cruises.

Found it tricky to find clear guidance on whether we would be able to carry another 2 bottles when we start the 2nd section. Or even if we could take 4 at the start and have 2 stashed away until the end of the first half. ( a la RCI)

Turns out that we can only bring the 2 bottles to cover the full 14 days .

No biggie but thought I'd share as there are a lot of Med B2B voyages this summer

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

I guess that would make sense as you booked YOUR cruise as ONE 14 days cruise.

Had you booked the 14 days as two 7 day cruises back to back, it might be different.

On another note .... I have not (at least so far) encountered a with problem bringing wine onboard from ports in Europe or in the Med.

Earlier this year, we had a slightly different situation. We booked a b2b as two cruises. I printed both sets of boarding passes. Princess allowed the two of us to bring on 4 bottles of wine in the original embarkation port (FLL).

don't know if anyone else has told you this, but on all our b2b cruises, when first leg ended any alcohol purchased (for example in St. Thomas) was delivered to our cabin just as everyone else got theres. So we had it for the second leg of our trip.

You might try that and if it works fine, if not you will get all the alcohol to take home at end of trip.

We always book b2b and we tell the agent we are on two cruises - they let us take two bottles of wine each - on our last b2b we had 8 bottles of wine and they all went thru without sending us to the table??

I also will buy a bottle of vodka on the last day of the first cruise and they let me carry it to my room

Hi

I thought I would share clarification I received from Princess cruises regarding the B2B wine policy.

We booked our cruise as a 14 day cruise which is also sold as 2 individual 7 day cruises.

Found it tricky to find clear guidance on whether we would be able to carry another 2 bottles when we start the 2nd section. Or even if we could take 4 at the start and have 2 stashed away until the end of the first half. ( a la RCI)

Turns out that we can only bring the 2 bottles to cover the full 14 days .

No biggie but thought I'd share as there are a lot of Med B2B voyages this summer

Call again and you will receive different clarification. Big disconnect between corporate and fleet.

In our experience each ship handles this in a different way so you will have to wait until you are onboard to see what you can do.

Unless rules changed in the past couple months you can. We booked on b2b 14 day as a single cruise in January on the regal. When we returned to FLL on day 7, we got off the ship and walked to the store and got 2 more bottles and returned through the crew entrance like we were instructed to and no problem. I'm 99% sure it's still that way.

Call again and you will receive different clarification. Big disconnect between corporate and fleet.

In our experience each ship handles this in a different way so you will have to wait until you are onboard to see what you can do.

That's been our experience & even different wine checkers on the same ship can interpret the procedure differently. The lack of standardization is frustrating...Princess needs to put the procedure in writing so we are aware of it & the crew knows how to enforce it. :rolleyes:

On B2B cruises we bring both boarding passes & 2 bottles each & hope that's allowed. If not, we pay the $15/bottle fee for the 2 bottles & because we drink most of our wine in a dining room we either pay the fee sooner or later. ;)

Thanks for all the replies - I guess we'll play it by ear.

Hopefully you'll be able to bring 2 fee free bottles per passenger however unfortunately sometimes the only thing consistent is their inconsistent application of procedures.