Just off Liberty of the Seas- Mystery Dinner Theater

Just got off Liberty and wanted to share my experience of the Mystery Dinner Theater. This BY FAR was the highlight of the trip. The "story" was very interesting and the cast was outstanding. It also was a very good place to meet people as you worked together to "solve" the mystery. The cast appeared to be having as much fun as we were, and engaged several members of the audience. Hats off to one particular passenger for being a great sport (and pretty famous the rest of the cruise!) I honestly cannot say enough about this, and would highly encourage you to sign up for it. Oh, and wine was included in the dinner, which I wasn't expecting.

I should also mention that our sailing was delayed by about 8 hours because of fog in Galveston (which is another story), which was stressful because we weren't able to board the ship until after the start time. Fortunately, RC moved the dinner to Wednesday night. I do wish they had done a better job communicating that at check-in, because we were really stressed not knowing if we were going to miss it or not.

We had a great time with it on Liberty as well. Would definitely do it again once they change the story. The cast on our trip (October 2016) were great

Every time someone mentions the mystery dinner, I get "Bada Bing, Bada Boom" stuck in my head. Lol

I should also mention that our sailing was delayed by about 8 hours because of fog in Galveston (which is another story), which was stressful because we weren't able to board the ship until after the start time. Fortunately, RC moved the dinner to Wednesday night. I do wish they had done a better job communicating that at check-in, because we were really stressed not knowing if we were going to miss it or not.

I was on Liberty waiting to get off-

i would have taken your stress anyday, we missed flights and shuttles, an extra day of work each and between missed work, flight change fees, hotels Etc are out about $800.00.

Glad the show was good and hope the rest of the cruise was great.

I was on Liberty waiting to get off-

i would have taken your stress anyday, we missed flights and shuttles, an extra day of work each and between missed work, flight change fees, hotels Etc are out about $800.00.

Glad the show was good and hope the rest of the cruise was great.

Hopefully you purchased cruise insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

nope-

Lesson learned.

Proggieus, we were on the same cruise. I contacted American Airlines when I returned and they graciously refunded our ticket change fees, I have also read on these boards that United airlines did the same. It might be worth a phone call. We are now only out the hotel stay. I was super lucky that the driver at You First Limo stayed around for the extra 6 hours at no additional cost. Still missed a day of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done 3 and here's how they went:

1st: Fun. Let's do it again

2nd: Great! A lot of fun! Better than the first. Definitely book again

3rd: Lousy. Probably won't risk the money on another. Performers were lackluster and the guests were party poopers.

I believe two ingredients will make it great:

1. The performers (this can possibly be determined through cruise critic questions)

2. Guests (this is a crap shoot)

How many times do they offer the mystery dinner on the cruise? Also, what nights of the cruise are they and how much is it?

Thanks!

It was only offered once on our sailing, on the first night. They hit is up going into the Windjammer for lunch, right after boarding. I believe it was $65 per person, which could vary.

How many times do they offer the mystery dinner on the cruise? Also, what nights of the cruise are they and how much is it?

Thanks!

Our experience: Not all ships do it. Only once per 7-night cruise. Usually starts somewhere on the ship (such as the Viking Lounge) with sparkling wine and appetizers while the cast (suspects) introduce themselves. Then ends in the Italian venue (Giovanni's). Last time we went is was something like $50 pp but it's probably much higher now. Price includes the dinner (not a full menu but several choices) and wine. I can't remember if other alcoholic drinks were included. I don't think you will know if there is one on cruise planner. You may have to wait till the first day of cruise to sign up. Perhaps others may know more recent information.

Thanks!

Only once on the cruises we have neen on.

• 4 months later...
Our experience: Not all ships do it. Only once per 7-night cruise. Usually starts somewhere on the ship (such as the Viking Lounge) with sparkling wine and appetizers while the cast (suspects) introduce themselves. Then ends in the Italian venue (Giovanni's). Last time we went is was something like $50 pp but it's probably much higher now. Price includes the dinner (not a full menu but several choices) and wine. I can't remember if other alcoholic drinks were included. I don't think you will know if there is one on cruise planner. You may have to wait till the first day of cruise to sign up. Perhaps others may know more recent information.

it's 80 bucks now! i think i would rather get the 3 night specialty restaurant package for that price.