Reserving dining with three meal promo

4774Papa

A group of six of us are cruising on Dawn to NE and Canada in September. We all have the 3 meal dining promo. I went on the website to reserve a table for six for four meals (one extra since we are Platinum). It is exactly 90 prior to the cruise.

I could not even get a table for six any nights for La Cucina. For two nights at Le Bistro and Teppanyaki, I could only get table for four. On two other nights at Cagney's and Los Lobos, I did get a table for 6 at 6PM, an hour early.

Problem is that so many have the promo that it seems that with a somewhat large group of 6 we were frozen out.

Not sure that I will pick this promo again. Not sure that I will book NCL again if I am forced into promos that I don't want.

A group of six of us are cruising on Dawn to NE and Canada in September. We all have the 3 meal dining promo. I went on the website to reserve a table for six for four meals (one extra since we are Platinum). It is exactly 90 prior to the cruise.

I could not even get a table for six any nights for La Cucina. For two nights at Le Bistro and Teppanyaki, I could only get table for four. On two other nights at Cagney's and Los Lobos, I did get a table for 6 at 6PM, an hour early.

Problem is that so many have the promo that it seems that with a somewhat large group of 6 we were frozen out.

Not sure that I will pick this promo again. Not sure that I will book NCL again if I am forced into promos that I don't want.

Since you can now reserve specialty restaurants 120 days prior to your cruise, possible all those reservations spaces have been taken. Try calling NCL to see if they can make your reservations and if not, I would go to the restaurant reservations desk as soon as you embark the ship. I'm surprised that they are now forcing folks to take certain perks, as I thought you can decline any perk.

For teppanyaki reserve 2 or 4 and have someone else from your group log in and reserve 2 or 4 at the same time slot. The tables are larger so it doesn’t matter if you are on the same reservation. For other restaurants you may need to reserve a 2 and a 4 then when you get on the ship go to the reservations desk and ask them to combine them. We have done this before on multiple ships. It is usually not a problem as long as you let them know that first afternoon that you are actually together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since you can now reserve specialty restaurants 120 days prior to your cruise, possible all those reservations spaces have been taken. Try calling NCL to see if they can make your reservations and if not, I would go to the restaurant reservations desk as soon as you embark the ship. I'm surprised that they are now forcing folks to take certain perks, as I thought you can decline any perk.

No, I tried to make the reservations earlier and the website would not let me.

Also, I tried to call NCL , but I got a message to call back on Monday.

For teppanyaki reserve 2 or 4 and have someone else from your group log in and reserve 2 or 4 at the same time slot. The tables are larger so it doesn’t matter if you are on the same reservation. For other restaurants you may need to reserve a 2 and a 4 then when you get on the ship go to the reservations desk and ask them to combine them. We have done this before on multiple ships. It is usually not a problem as long as you let them know that first afternoon that you are actually together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, that is our plan

Reservations open 120 prior to cruise.

Book what you can using the telephone reservation agents. No more online.

Then make getting to the restaurant reservations desk top priority on embarkation day. Like, as soon as you get off the gangway, make your way to the atrium reservations desk. Yes, there aren’t many 6-top tables in the restaurants.

While it probably won’t work, in the terminal, there will be a curtained off waiting area right at the end of the checkin counter for suites guests. Peek inside and see if the concierge will help you, as platinum members, to make reservations. The usually have a laptop in there making reservations for suites guests.

Teppanyaki will be your biggest challenge since the dawn does not have many tables.

We took the dawn from Boston to Quebec a couple of years ago,,,, beautiful. Enjoy!

I have a balcony cabin, not a suite or in the Haven. Therefore I can't make reservations until 90 days prior to the cruise. I tried prior to 90s and the website wouldn't let me.

This is from the NCL website:

Specialty Dining

For truly memorable culinary experiences, try our specialty restaurants that offer expertly prepared entrees for a cover charge. Get ready to enjoy some of the best cuisine at sea! You can reserve your seats 90 days prior to sailing. Download our Dining Guide

I have a balcony cabin, not a suite or in the Haven. Therefore I can't make reservations until 90 days prior to the cruise. I tried prior to 90s and the website wouldn't let me.

This is from the NCL website:

Specialty Dining

For truly memorable culinary experiences, try our specialty restaurants that offer expertly prepared entrees for a cover charge. Get ready to enjoy some of the best cuisine at sea! You can reserve your seats 90 days prior to sailing. Download our Dining Guide

I don’t know the specifics of why you were unable to book them, but reservations for non suite rooms have been at 120 days for a few months now. It’s been widely discussed on here, and we made our reservations for our August cruise in April, 120 days out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your inability to get reservations has nothing to do with the number of promos. The problem has to do with the table size. Pick up the phone and call and they can take care of you.

Your inability to get reservations has nothing to do with the number of promos. The problem has to do with the table size. Pick up the phone and call and they can take care of you.

1) I did pick up the phone, called two numbers at NCL, first the one designated for dining reservations, I got a recording call back on Monday. Second, I called the number of my excellent NCL cruise consultant, who was not in, however, I called back and tried to get someone else and could not.

2) When I tried to make some of the reservations, you were right, the problem for two of the reservations was that I could make reservations for 6PM for four, not six. However, for the other two dining venues, the only thing available was for 4 or 6 was at 8:30. By the time I finish dinner it would be time to go to bed.

There are more reservations that can be made on embarkation morning. The online system isn't all of the reservations. Online is about 30% of them.

Thanks, perhaps we will try to change some times.

We were unable to book specialty restaurants, with the free meals that we got for being platinum. We had to wait until we were on the ship. It was only for the platinum perk.

We were unable to book specialty restaurants, with the free meals that we got for being platinum. We had to wait until we were on the ship. It was only for the platinum perk.

What stopped you from being able to book your platinum meals in advance?

They are bookable beforehand. The only issue is if you want to book Moderno if you don’t have the dining package as well, as the system will try to charge you for that one.

All others are fine to book online.

Unless it something new, I've never had an issue. Now, if you are trying to book Moderno, they will charge you and you will get reimbursed via OBC if you go to the restaurant reservations desk, but surprised you had an issue with the other restaurants.

Unless it something new, I've never had an issue. Now, if you are trying to book Moderno, they will charge you and you will get reimbursed via OBC if you go to the restaurant reservations desk, but surprised you had an issue with the other restaurants.

Outside of the problem with being charged for Moderno, or lack of availability, there is no possible issue as far as I can see.

There is absolutely nothing to stop anyone from booking Cagneys, Le Bistro or La Cucina. How it will be paid for (SDP, paying a la carte or platinum perk) can be decided onboard and is totally irrelevant to the booking process.

Hi. There’s 5 of us on cruise including a 3 year old who’s obviously quite small. I’m not seeing many tables for 6 around, but we would easily fit on a table for 4, will they let us do that does anyone know?

Hi. There’s 5 of us on cruise including a 3 year old who’s obviously quite small. I’m not seeing many tables for 6 around, but we would easily fit on a table for 4, will they let us do that does anyone know?

I can’t see how 5 adults and a baby can “easily fit” on a 4-Top. Doesn’t work that way.

Stop using the online system and pick up the phone and call reservations. If they can’t book a 6-Top, you have to make that your #1 priority on embarkation.

Yup, 4 and a small one. Would they let us on a 4 do you think? I can call them later, the number is US and I’m in UK so it’s expensive unless I do it via WiFi at home.

Just book for 4 people, and then try to pull up a highchair. It should work, unless you are in a spot where that will crowd neighboring tables. (I've seen that.) In that case, you can just hold the baby. If you don't want to do that, then call and book for 5, which is really the ideal solution for everyone.