Thoughts on Vision?

We just booked the Dec. 9, 2017, sailing. This one goes to Cozumel and Costa Maya. We prefer a smaller ship ... our last RCCL cruise was on the Navigator out of Galveston in Oct. 2015 (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, & Jamaica). So, we'll be reading everything we can on the Vision.

I m also on the December 9th cruise.....it's been a long time since I have been on a smaller ship but I know it will still be great! We have a group of newbies going so this should be perfect!

• 4 months later...
Our 2 favorite cruises of all time were on The Rhapsody, Vision's sister. Voyager class is the largest we've been on and we still prefer Vision class. Smaller, more intimate, lacking in all the bells and whistles of the larger ships which was fine with us. No royal promenade which was ok since there were enough areas around the centrum for people watching.

We traveled with our 18 year old and she loved it.

Have smooth sails and blue skies no matter what you choose.

Thank you for your message. We're looking at a family holiday in July (13th) next year as the Mediterranean itinerary is fabulous (12 days). We have four grandchildren aged 11, 13, 13 and 15. I'm concerned there won't be enough for them to do but noticed that you said your 18 year old loved it. We have one day at sea earlier then two days later on. Rather than travel through airports to the places we want to visit we thought better to relax and cruise. Any feedback you can give me is most appreciated.

My kids don't like to do anything but go to the kids club and swim in the pool, and maybe play mini golf once or twice. For us a smaller ship is fine, they don't need anything else. It depends what the kids like to do.

I have done Vision for 2 European cruises and thought it was very nice. Don't think that 90K tons is that small. Very well laid out and easy to navigate. Well appointed and the public and private areas in good repair. Consider what your living room would look like if 2000 people trooped through every week?

Plenty of venues for eating and snacking and the sea days were filled with activities. Pool area was nice and we never had a problem finding a lounger. Of course this was on a Baltic cruise when it was often quite breezy,

Sue

From what I can see, Enchantment shows up in Galveston in June 2018 and stays until April 2019.

At least until April 2019. That's as far as the schedule goes right now. I'm hoping she continues. There is one 9 night cruise coming up (taking the place of a 4 night and 5 night) that goes to Costa Rica and Colon. It seems to be popular and I hope it's the start of an occasional longer cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At least until April 2019. That's as far as the schedule goes right now. I'm hoping she continues. There is one 9 night cruise coming up (taking the place of a 4 night and 5 night) that goes to Costa Rica and Colon. It seems to be popular and I hope it's the start of an occasional longer cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too! I'm booked on that 9-night and would love to do more. :D

Hello, we've been on Vision 3 times including one transatlantic. she is a great ship, different to Liberty with no flowrider or cantilevered hot tubs, but she has a nice enclosed solarium which is ideal for cooler weather. The crew were very friendly and we last had Captain Lis who is very visible all around the ship. We would sail her again in a heartbeat.