Price reduction on cabins in Sold Out category

rbslos18

We bought a Club Class cabin for a 2019 cruise. The category is now listed as sold out. Does that lock in the price we paid preventing a price reduction when there is a fleet-wide sale?

Thanks so much,

RB

We bought a Club Class cabin for a 2019 cruise. The category is now listed as sold out. Does that lock in the price we paid preventing a price reduction when there is a fleet-wide sale?

Thanks so much,

RB

Yes , but you can upgrade if the Sale is a better deal .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the 'sold out' category could be changed back to available cabins in the time it takes you to read this post...;p

Inventory control works in mysterious ways - along with the upgrade fairy, and move-over angel:halo:

I found the same. I was trying to book two guests in Club Class on Sappire for 2019 and it was showing as sold iut. However, we when I entered 1,3 or 4 guests it showed ad 13 cabins available. TA queried this and apparently it is a "system error" and a double cabin is available. On line however it cannot be done at present. Would mention that we are in UK.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much,

RB

That is my experience. Princess will only reprice the cabin to the new price if there is a cabin available in that category.

I had this problem with rebooking under Sip & Sail last year. I had booked category S7 (window suite) which was sold out, and I could not rebook under Sip & Sail.

Since I had flexible dates for travel, I took a chance. I told the Princess representative on the phone to change my booking to a balcony cabin under Sip & Sail and then immediately to change my booking back to my - hopefully now available - window suite. The representative did so, and - in this case - it worked. I ended up with my original cabin back booked under Sip & Sail. However, this was a risk. I could have lost the cabin. It could have been booked by someone else in the short time between releasing it and rebooking it.

Yes , but you can upgrade if the Sale is a better deal .

Yes this. Since I assume the OP booked a Club Class Mini Suite they should be watching for price drops for Full Suites. Not the most likely thing to happen, but you never know.