Crown Princess upgrade

Rachel B

My husband and I are first time Princess cruisers. We are taking off on the Crown Princess May 26 and when we just printed our boarding passes realized our room had changed from E725 (mini-suite) to C751 (vista suite). We called and were told we were given a complimentary upgrade and would have all the benefits of a full suite. Is this really as good as it sounds or is there some catch to this? Just hoping it’s not too good to be true :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally as good as it sounds. You went from essentially a big cabin to a cabin with all the suite perks. It will start with dinner in a specialty restaurant on the first night. You might want to look up the perks on the Princess web site.

The word I am looking for is "jealous". :) Congratulations on your upgrade to a full suite. Enjoy! Be sure to take advantage of the suite-only breakfast each morning at Sabatini's.

My husband and I are first time Princess cruisers. We are taking off on the Crown Princess May 26 and when we just printed our boarding passes realized our room had changed from E725 (mini-suite) to C751 (vista suite). We called and were told we were given a complimentary upgrade and would have all the benefits of a full suite. Is this really as good as it sounds or is there some catch to this? Just hoping it’s not too good to be true :)

Yes - As good as it sounds. Enjoy the full Suite with its nice stern balcony views. I'll mention a few benefits that you should remember

*You will receive a complementary dinner at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's on boarding day. Call the dining line after boarding to make reservations.

*A special really exceptional breakfast is served every morning for full suite passengers only. Believe it is held in Sabatini's. Don't miss it.

*Your evening meal is in Club Class Dining, which is anytime dining. Walk in anytime and you will be seated. No set seatings. The Club Class Dining Room is on deck 6 mid-ship. On sea days lunch is also served in the Club Class DR.

*Items in your complementary mini bar set up can be exchanged by calling room service. Alcoholic beverages can be exchanged for alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Non-alcoholic can be exchanged for non-alcoholic.

*Room service can be ordered from the full menu.

Of course you are free to dine at any of the other locations around the ship.

Thank you all so much for the replies! We are pretty ecstatic to find out that this is in fact for real. Thanks for all the tips too- I was well versed in our mini suite room but am caught off guard now!

Congratulations on the Upgrade!!! You will really enjoy it... :D

We are on the 6/23 -7/7 Sailing of the Crown. The ship is really full both weeks. We were hoping we might get an upgrade or upsell offer but that is looking dim at the moment. We took an upsell last time, as it was a great deal from an Obstructed Ocean View to a Balcony.

Happy Sailing!!!

We are on the 6/23 -7/7 Sailing of the Crown. The ship is really full both weeks. We were hoping we might get an upgrade or upsell offer but that is looking dim at the moment. We took an upsell last time, as it was a great deal from an Obstructed Ocean View to a Balcony.

Maybe you will get a "move over" offer.

Congratulations on the Upgrade!!! You will really enjoy it... :D

Happy Sailing!!!

Ours (6/2 - 6/16) showed fully booked for months. We got an upsell about 1 1/2 weeks ago ~ guessing they must have been working through the GTY cabins. Anyhow, we passed so don't be surprised ~ it could happen. Enjoy ~ no matter what cabin ~ this is such a port-intensive cruise you won't be doing much more than sleeping and (sometimes) eating on board!

Ours (6/2 - 6/16) showed fully booked for months. We got an upsell about 1 1/2 weeks ago ~ guessing they must have been working through the GTY cabins. Anyhow, we passed so don't be surprised ~ it could happen. Enjoy ~ no matter what cabin ~ this is such a port-intensive cruise you won't be doing much more than sleeping and (sometimes) eating on board!

Interesting take on this . . . Just to give another perspective . . .I think of ports as a good chance for the rest of the folks to get off of my boat . . .

Interesting take on this . . . Just to give another perspective . . .I think of ports as a good chance for the rest of the folks to get off of my boat . . .

I'd feel the same if we were just chillin' in the Caribbean but there are so many great places to visit on this cruise.

Never an upgrade for us....yet! We're Platinum...working on Elite and then a Princess first timer gets an upgrade? Pretty crazy how this all works!

OP, enjoy your suite deal!!

Never an upgrade for us....yet! We're Platinum...working on Elite and then a Princess first timer gets an upgrade? Pretty crazy how this all works!

OP, enjoy your suite deal!!

Clearly they are just trying to spoil us off the bat so we can’t book anything other than a suite in the future :)