1/2/12: Four HAL Ships "Sailaway" from Port Everglades!

innlady1

Be sure to tune in this afternoon at 4:30 or so to watch the webcam waves from Port Everglades for the Maasdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, and Westerdam, slated to depart at 5 PM but sometimes they leave earlier.

AliasChief, who is so good about alerting us everyday, will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam - and will be waving from the SeaView Pool area, Port side.

You can see it at www.portevergladeswebcam.com.

I am here Sheila!!

Just posted this on the other thread:

OK Y'all heading out for the beautiful waters on our favorite ships, here is the departure times listed for today (Eastern Standard Times):

Celebrity Solstice at 12:00 noon

Celebrity Equinox at 4:30

Maasdam at 4:30

Westerdam at 5:00

Noordam at 5:00

Nieuw Amsterdam at 5:00

Gonna be here for all of them:)

Chief a very special BON VOYAGE and cannot wait to hear just how great a time you had:)

Joanie

Thanks for the heads up! It will be quite the HAL show.

I wonder why the Solstice is leaving at 12:00, that is unusual isn't it?

It is weird aint it??? I thought it a strange time to leave also, but according to the Port Schedule Page that is when she is scheduled to leave: https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

Joanie

Joanie, Maasdam is in code red and getting a full clean up. Boarding is postponed till 1:30 according to one of the passengers who is sailling today. Where is your info from? I don't see how she can leave at 4:30 when she's having a two hour delay in boarding.

Joanie, Maasdam is in code red and getting a full clean up. Boarding is postponed till 1:30 according to one of the passengers who is sailling today. Where is your info from? I don't see how she can leave at 4:30 when she's having a two hour delay in boarding.

I know she is going through a VERY thorough deep cleaning. They just brought on a special Deep Cleaning Crew:confused:

I am listening to the Operations right now on the Port Everglades Web Cam site. B2B passengers are being allowed back on boaard BUT they are restricted to their staterooms until at least noon!!! That was what I heard the Bridge tell the Port Operations lady about 15 minutes ago.

All my info regarding departure times is from the Port Schedule Page that show all the information about the ship(s) and when they are scheduled to leave: https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/...Movements.aspx

Joanie

Good point, Carol. Three hours will be hardly enough time to get passengers on board and settled, complete the lifeboat drill, and whatever else needs to be done to get underway.

Wonder if Copper is still on board? He left the day we boarded last year...I hope he's there next week so we can finally meet him! :)

When Dh was a dentist on the ships, we watched the special cleaning crew clean down the Zuiderdam. It was a very impressive crew. They wore masks and special white suits so as not to get sick themselves, I guess. We were not restricted to our cabin and roamed the ship. We should have been told to stay in our cabin. But, we never got sick and learned to push the elevator buttons with our knuckles.

When Dh was a dentist on the ships, we watched the special cleaning crew clean down the Zuiderdam. It was a very impressive crew. They wore masks and special white suits so as not to get sick themselves, I guess. We were not restricted to our cabin and roamed the ship. We should have been told to stay in our cabin. But, we never got sick and learned to push the elevator buttons with our knuckles.

.... I think it will make it easier for the crew to get all the other duties done in plenty of time to whisk through the passenger embarkation at the delayed time. I really hope what I am thinking is correct, but....

And maybe the reaon you did not get told to stay in your stateroom was a myriad of possibilities, i.e., Shore Ops did not pass on the message from the bridge, bridge did not order that or even possibly the Noro was not as bad on your cruise than the Maasdam's was/is??? Just guessing here....

Edited: Just heard someone (female) order Hand Sanitizers to be brought to the front of the building before they will allow anyone in.

Joanie

We boarded at 8AM when DH worked on board and were considered staff so that might be why we weren't given any special instructions. We had never see this special clean up before then. Very impressive and it did the job that time. No noro on our cruise.

I am here Sheila!!

Just posted this on the other thread:

OK Y'all heading out for the beautiful waters on our favorite ships, here is the departure times listed for today (Eastern Standard Times):

Celebrity Solstice at 12:00 noon

Celebrity Equinox at 4:30

Maasdam at 4:30

Westerdam at 5:00

Noordam at 5:00

Nieuw Amsterdam at 5:00

Gonna be here for all of them:)

Chief a very special BON VOYAGE and cannot wait to hear just how great a time you had:)

Joanie

Joanie: I cannot find the Westerdam. I have found the Noordam, Niew Amsterdam and the Maasdam. I wonder where the Westerdam is hiding? Any clues?

Joanie: I cannot find the Westerdam. I have found the Noordam, Niew Amsterdam and the Maasdam. I wonder where the Westerdam is hiding? Any clues?

Father, the Westerdam isn't listed for some reason. Earlier this morning, when I checked, there were two in one of the Celebrity locations, one "unnamed" - could be that's the Westerdam :confused:

Just enlarged the AIS on the PE web site and found Westerdam hiding between the Equinox and Maasdam.

The Equinox, Westerdam and Maasdam are basically sitting in this formation: [ _ ] with the _ being the Westerdam. I'll try to get a screen shot in a second.

Joanie

Father, the Westerdam isn't listed for some reason. Earlier this morning, when I checked, there were two in one of the Celebrity locations, one "unnamed" - could be that's the Westerdam :confused:

I went to the map below and Identifed the Celebrity ships as the Solstice and Equinox.

OK, Got a Screen Capture of where the ships are today in Port Everglades. If this is to small let me know and I will put the full sized on my web site.

Far left is Equinox then Westerdam then Maasdam to her right, then to the right of Maasdam is Solstice and behind Solstice is Nieuw Amsterdam.

PE_01-02-2012.jpg.97899a376526aceb837c9cdfba634ccc.jpg

EDITED to ADD: NOORDAM, I forgot to get Noordam in the snap shot:( She is sitting directly behind the Nieuw Amsterdam!!!

Joanie

We were sailing either Ryndam or Oosterdam to Mexico one year when boarding was delayed for cleaning. Everything they could do was done while the cleaning was being done. When we were able to board it was done in groups by numbers. I was surprised at how quickly it went and the ship started on its way.

Here is the same Screen Shot with the names of the ship on/by them so they are more easily identifiable:)

PE_01-02-2012-2.jpg.b73af8c3cff79ef437ab4bacab87eaf7.jpg

EDITED to ADD: NOORDAM, I forgot to get Noordam in the snap shot:( She is sitting directly behind the Nieuw Amsterdam!!!

Joanie

OK, I was able to grab a shot of the Port Everglades Live Web Cam showing the ships themselves (duh, should have done it to begin with) But here is the photo with the names of the 4 in it. This shows the Westerdam and Maasdam both:) I cannot get the Nieuw Amsterdam or Noordam as I have never been able to work the User Controlled web cam:(

PE_01-02-2012-Ship-Photos.jpg.b4273e8d29d08b7e88b6fe83690f8305.jpg

Joanie

Archived