Crown Loft Suite and motion sickness

AdamKnows

I've been on 13 cruise without motion sickness. I've been on ships from the Empress of the Seas to Freedom class ships. Every time I go deep sea fishing in Oregon I get very sick so I do know that I am somewhat prone to motion sickness. Do you think I need to worry about motion sickness in my Crown Loft suite?

LOL! You just want to brag about your CL suite, don't you? :D:D Small deep sea fishing boats have a tendency to encourage motion sickness. Especially off the coast of Oregon and Washington.

I'm sure you will probably be fine. :D;):)

We sailed in an aft balcony on Freedom in December. The seas were unusually rough! I didn't get sick, but I definately felt the motion when I was in bed at night. DD11 was very seasick. Our cabin attendant kept the green apples coming!

Because of this experience I'm hesitant to book an aft cabin again. The crown loft cabins are so tempting - two bathrooms!!! I'm just not sure if we want to have that experience again.

Edited by holden0301

LOL! You just want to brag about your CL suite, don't you? :D:D Small deep sea fishing boats have a tendency to encourage motion sickness. Especially off the coast of Oregon and Washington.

I'm sure you will probably be fine. :D;):)

My thoughts exactly!

Cruise Tip # 54...when you are in the Suite it is best to drink very heavily so when you lay down and the bed starts to spin you can't tell if it is motion sickness or the drink.;)

That's the best advice in the history of Cruise Critic!

Bring ginger Altoids, peppermint Altoids, and over the counter Bonine and Dramanine. Use the Draminine only at night as it knocks you right out. Use the Altoids for minor motion sickness. I get motion sick at the very slightest moving, even in even seas, so I take Bonine every single day, starting the day before I set foot on the boat and 2 days after I disembark.

We sailed through the tail end of Hurricane Sandy on Deck 17 with 30 foot swells. You could feel the motion, but we didn't feel sick. It really depends on the individual.

You are best to follow the recommendations of others and bring medicines, or follow Island Joe's. Either way you should be set.:D

We sailed in a Crown Loft last Sept and loved it! They are just the best! I rarely felt any movement throughout the Ship, and never in the Suite! You will love the C/L!

No bathtub in CL

plse say it isn't so