Everything quantum!!!!!!

There is NO WAY the North Star will be operating during sail away.

Considering how little oversight there is in the cruise industry I think the North Star is an accident waiting to happen. Especially if its operating in rough seas.

Considering how little oversight there is in the cruise industry I think the North Star is an accident waiting to happen. Especially if its operating in rough seas.

Perhaps. I don't think the North Star would operate in rough seas, or more likely high winds, which could be a bigger issue. (Although they usually go hand-in-hand.) On Enchantment, the bungee trampoline would often not operate as scheduled due to high winds.

It also will not sail next to the statue due to it leaving out of Cape Liberty.

You can see the Statue of Liberty from Cape Liberty, but the port is about a mile south of the statue. I agree, it would never be close enough for that perspective.

I have a photo of the Statue of Liberty taken during sail away with the same perspective as the one posted above. Now all I have to do is figure out how to post it :o

IMGP6911_edited-1.jpg

There we go.

Can't wait to take some photos of the NY sky line from the North Star :D

Edited by Phoenix1949

Boy I guess RCCl is having no problems selling cabins. Our December 1, 2014 cruise has gone up by 20% since we booked. I would expect RCCL must be pretty happy with the response it has gotten!!

I hope when the May 2015 bookings are open, the prices start out lower before working it's way up so I can get a good deal like you did. Some how I think Bermuda will be pricey.:( But I will still go.:D

Boy I guess RCCl is having no problems selling cabins. Our December 1, 2014 cruise has gone up by 20% since we booked. I would expect RCCL must be pretty happy with the response it has gotten!!

Same with my Jan 2015 cruise. 20% too. Glad I booked the day it opened up.

I hope when the May 2015 bookings are open, the prices start out lower before working it's way up so I can get a good deal like you did. Some how I think Bermuda will be pricey.:( But I will still go.:D

You are probably right. Bermuda is traditionally a pricy cruise as the port charges are steep.

If you have some flexibility, I would recommend after Labor Day when fares tend to be lower and you will still have good weather.

Same with my Jan 2015 cruise. 20% too. Glad I booked the day it opened up.

My cabin type (D-1) has only gone up $100/pp for the same cruise. I booked the day after reservations opened for C&A members. Oh well. Still cheaper than the D-1's on my upcoming Allure cruise, so I feel like I'm getting a bargain on Quantum. :p

My cabin type (D-1) has only gone up $100/pp for the same cruise. I booked the day after reservations opened for C&A members. Oh well. Still cheaper than the D-1's on my upcoming Allure cruise, so I feel like I'm getting a bargain on Quantum. :p

There are only 3 full suites remaining on my sailing, 3 Family Jr Suites remaining as of yesterday, an no regular Jr suites remaining. Out sailing has gone up an average of $300 per person regardless of cabin category. Kinda makes the 45 minutes on hold with C&A the day booking opened worthwhile now.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did anyone read Adam's blog on Facebook?

There won't be a water slide on Quantum.

There goes one rumor that we can eliminate (unless, technically a water slide simulator doesn't count as a water slide :-) )

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app