TA in April - Weather

Alex81

Hello all

What can we expect in terms of weather in a TA in April?

It will be our first one. We are departing on the Reflection on April 13 and we really don’t know what we will need to pack!

Also as a second question, do Michael’s Club serves cold drink such as mudslides or daiquiri.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we’ll be leaving from Miami, and the first stop will be Canary Islands then three stops in Spain, one in Corsica and finally Rome/ Italy...We’re arriving on the 27th...Thank you

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

My experience is during the crossing the weather could be sunny, cloudy or windy and rainy.

Leaving Miami will be warm. You just never know what to expect.

In Europe in April it could be warm or even cool since it's April.

Be prepared to layer some clothing.

It will be a great cruise.

Keith

Windy, therefore cool, out on the open decks while crossing.

In the Med ports in April/May, we've had weather ranging from short sleeves to shirt+fleece+jacket.

I always pack long sleeve tops and long pants for the sea days, and a variety of layering items for ports.

We’ve done an eastbound TA in April. It was warm all the way to the Azores. Then cooler but still warm enough to be outside. Yours will be a more southerly end to your cruise so more chance of warm weather towards the end but Med weather can be unpredictable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since you are sailing a southerly route, I would say your chances of having a smooth sailing are quite good. However no one can predict weather too far ahead. We did a northerly sailing in April and only got one or two days a tiny bit rough.

What side is your cabin on? Port side on this crossing will see more sun on the balcony.

I love the Azores.

The only thing I don't like about the eastbound crossings is having to put your clock ahead several times.

Have a great cruise.

Since you are sailing a southerly route, I would say your chances of having a smooth sailing are quite good. However no one can predict weather too far ahead. We did a northerly sailing in April and only got one or two days a tiny bit rough.

What side is your cabin on? Port side on this crossing will see more sun on the balcony.

I love the Azores.

The only thing I don't like about the eastbound crossings is having to put your clock ahead several times.

Have a great cruise.

We did the eastbound TA on Reflection last year and it was 70+ for the whole 15 days. We only had one day of rain, when we were tendered in Villefranche.

The one thing I didn't like was the 6 clock changes in 8 days. They took their toll. I wonder whether a double change one day, rather than consecutive changes would actually work better for your body clock?

We did one a few years ago, from Miami to Rome, we had great weather, warm, sun and no rain. The captain told us a ship left port 2 days behind us and had rain and stormy seas the whole trip across, so I don't think you know until you're on board. My advice would be layers and waterproof coat in case

According to the current projections, should look like this, the big ifs of course will be the sea days, since we generally go more North than we do East, so guessing after a day or two out we'll be in the 60's

x8O7EQb2tF.JPG

Edited by johhnnyt
corrected

We've done five TAs and have generally had good weather.

But regarding MC and cold drinks, they certainly have ice readily available. On one sailing a fellow passenger routinely ordered a specialty daiquiri; the MC bartender would call another bar to have it made and then pick it up.

we’ll be leaving from Miami, and the first stop will be Canary Islands then three stops in Spain, one in Corsica and finally Rome/ Italy...We’re arriving on the 27th...Thank you

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

I know it was probably just a typo, but Reflection leaves from FLL not MIA. Hate to see you head to the wrong port

I know it was probably just a typo, but Reflection leaves from FLL not MIA. Hate to see you head to the wrong port

You’re right! It was a typo. Our flight is heading to FLL :-) So we’re good!

Thanks for confirming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, here’s our two cents....

We’ve done several, so weather generally starts out warm, with towels at the pool, gradually replaced with blankets by the pool at the end.

You tend to go about the same speed as the weather, so what you have (rain, low pressure) you stay in awhile.

It’s unpredictable and don’t be surprised if ports change on your itenirary. On one trip Bermuda was swapped for Paris!