Diamond breakfast on the Explorer?

A diamond seating area was offered at breakfast in the main dining room on Explorer last time we sailed on her.

Depending on the ship, sometimes they use a separate doorway with a sign indicating that it is only diamond and up; other times you walk in and let the person at the door/desk know you would like to be seated in the diamond section.

Is there a diamond breakfast on the Explorer? We recently sailed on board the Empress and they held a diamond breakfast on the second floor of the dining room. It was very nice.

Wow, I haven't seen a Diamond breakfast seating area in a number of years. I didn't realize any ships still offered it.

Wow, I haven't seen a Diamond breakfast seating area in a number of years. I didn't realize any ships still offered it.

Had it in MDR on Radiance last Sept - very nice - met same people daily. Just off Liberty and it wasn`t available. Hate large tables at breakfast because so many can`t make up their minds about the menu and it becomes too time consuming.

Had it in MDR on Radiance last Sept - very nice - met same people daily. Just off Liberty and it wasn`t available. Hate large tables at breakfast because so many can`t make up their minds about the menu and it becomes too time consuming.

Agreed. A 2-hour breakfast can sometimes be fine, but I'd rather it be my choice.

My question is, if you're walking into the same dining room but just sitting in a different area, is it the same breakfast as the "regular folks"? What makes it a "Diamond Breakfast"? Do Diamond members get to order from a special menu or do they just get to sit in a special area?

My question is, if you're walking into the same dining room but just sitting in a different area, is it the same breakfast as the "regular folks"? What makes it a "Diamond Breakfast"? Do Diamond members get to order from a special menu or do they just get to sit in a special area?

The only difference should be free specialty coffee.

As Bob already said, you get specialty coffee for free. Yes, it's the same breakfast...just a designated area...nothing really special.

That said, IMHO, the waiters are typically the best and can often remember what you want to order and where you want to sit...specially if they see you every morning. What's nice is there's usually no line to get in. We end up making friends because we see the same people every morning.:)

Edited by bonsai3s
word

Heading out on FOS in 2 weeks. Does anyone know if/where they do this on it?

They had this last year when we were on Freedom. It's in the same dining room that is open for breakfast, just off to one side. I forget if they had a separate entrance or if you just mentioned you were diamond at the podium as you walked in.

As for the specialty coffee, we were constantly told that the machine wasn't working in the MDR and we'd have to get our own in the diamond lounge, but amazingly, others elsewhere in the MDR were getting cappuccinos or lattes. :rolleyes: