Shareholder Credit

BlueLadyBlue

There is no form per se, You need to write a request for shareholder credit, and include your name and address and a contact phone number, a copy of your record of ownership, (I used a copy of my last month's brokerage statement, with account numbers and other stocks blacked out). You need to include your booking number and fax the request to 661-753-0180 if you are in the us. outside the US and Canada add your access code plus country code 1.

You can also send a letter to Cunard Line Booking Support Department 24303 Town Center Drive,Suite 200, Valencia, CA 91355-0908 in the US.

If you are outside the US, perhaps others have the address in Southampton. I am sorry I don't. I hope this helps. Mike

Here is a link to the 2017 Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefit "pdf" file which lists the benefit amounts for different sailing lengths and explains the procedure for submitting your request (which Bigmike911 has already summarized well), along with the mailing addresses and fax numbers for each different Carnival brand and location.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

The ask.cunard.com FAQ site has information about the shareholder benefit which is specific to the UK. Here is one of those pages on ask.cunard.com that discusses the Carnival UK shareholder benefit in some detail.

What benefits are available for shareholders?

Regards,

John

Helpful Hint: After you fax your form to Cunard, have your travel agent tell you if the extra OBC has been added to your account. You may have to fax it in again. This has happenedf to us several times.

Helpful Hint: After you fax your form to Cunard, have your travel agent tell you if the extra OBC has been added to your account. You may have to fax it in again. This has happenedf to us several times.

In the UK we get an updated booking confirmation if booked directly with Cunard showing the total OBC - but I suppose if you book through a travel agent they would too?

andhow

And finally ! when you are all sorted, don't forget to take with you a copy of any 'confirmation' of OBC or Shareholder credits etc. Always handy to present to the pursers desk should anything needs to be rectified.

A good idea to check with the front desk and ask for an interim statement about 24 hours after embarkation.;)

Never completed any forms. Some years ago when I first claimed the benefit I sent a copy of the share certificate to "Shareholder benefits"at Carnival and the OBC was included. Pointless in requesting the benefit until the final invoice has been paid. Since my first contact, I've been told that I have no need to send a copy of the share cert just drop them an email which I have done over the past years without any problems.

Good luck.

David

Snail mailed my requests for both legs of my Transatlantic back on 9/5. Just popped off an email to my booking agent to check on them as I have heard nothing although I requested an email confirmation from Cunard.

You are right about being sure you have a piece of paper confirming as once on the ship it seems to become almost impossible to straighten it out even when you have proof with you.

Dru, I faxed my request in, letter format, on a Monday, and on the following Wednesday, I called my T/A to ask her to keep an eye open. She said let me check and sure enough it was in the booking, she then emailed me a copy. Cunard seem to be on the ball with these requests.

We are fortunate that our TA takes care of this for us. Once we have made the final payment 90 days prior to embarkation, we send a pdf copy of our stock statement (with account info blacked out) to our TA via email. We get an email with Cunard confirmation attached from our TA as soon as Carnival approves the OBC. It usually takes two weeks or less.

It's great having good TA both for saving some money and for reducing travel related headaches.