Stingrays without the snorkel

MomofTheBoy

Hey everyone,

Headed to this port in about 3 weeks. I want to take my son to swim with the stingrays but I can't seem to find a tour that does NOT involve a snorkel stop. My ideal trip would be to play with the stingrays, go to the turtle farm and get in some beach time. I don't snorkel nor does my son or mom. Does anyone know if this is possible???

Any recommendations on who to use? I am the complete opposite of a strong swimmer. I do ok in a pool but the big wide blue ocean.......nope! I need someone that will be cognizant of a non swimmer especially where it pertains to snorkeling.

we've booked a trip with nativeway watersports and you can do variations, so you can avoid the snorkelling. I can't manage an ordinary snorkel but I've now a full face mask which is brilliant! just like breathing normally, and water doesn't get in, I love it, maybe your son would like it with one of those. I tested mine in the local pool first!

Look at Fat Fish Adventures jet ski tour, one of our favorite days on GCM! We had previously taken a boat out it’s beach time after, but this is much more personalized and a smaller group. Each itinerary can be different depending on what the group wants. A few in our group went to the reef to snorkel and we went right to Rum Pointto relax at that nice quiet beach with a great lunch and their legendary mudslide.

Edited by blue_water

we've booked a trip with nativeway watersports and you can do variations, so you can avoid the snorkelling. I can't manage an ordinary snorkel but I've now a full face mask which is brilliant! just like breathing normally, and water doesn't get in, I love it, maybe your son would like it with one of those. I tested mine in the local pool first!

I just purchased a full face snorkel mask too ! I can't wait to try it out in December! I still don't quite get how it works. Are you breathing your own recycled air in there? How does water not get in the top part?

I just purchased a full face snorkel mask too ! I can't wait to try it out in December! I still don't quite get how it works. Are you breathing your own recycled air in there? How does water not get in the top part?

You still breathe air that comes in/out through the snorkel tube. The full face snorkel gives you a full viewing area and allows you to breathe like normal. The snorkel is designed to manage the air flow without fogging up your lenses. If you go under water with the snorkel you will still get water in the snorkel like any other snorkel. It is designed to prevent water from splashing, etc. from entering the snorkel, but if you fully submerse the thing you'd better be prepared to hold your breath until you come back up and have a chance to blow the water out of the tube. It is not scuba gear you're using.